Trevor van Rimesdyk's injury

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
He fractured his patella.

Or to put it simpler: he broke his fucking kneecap.

Holy shit that had to be excruciating.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
That's awful. I am recovering from patella tendinitis in my right knee from my Army days so I can only imagine what kind of pain TVR's experiencing now. Just hope when he is ready to skate again that he'll be alright.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Considering how hard they shoot the puck, the crazy way these guys constantly try to block shots and the design in general of hockey shin guards....I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often. Any of you that has played knows that the shin guards used, particularly NHL grade...are very well made but they are far from safe only because of the way the human body is constructed. You have to bend your knees when you skate so the guards have to be flexible around the front of the knee and the flex is not strong enough to take the brunt of a hard shot...plus you probably have noticed that all the players have tape wrapped around their legs...that is done to hold the guards in place. It helps but they do shift around a bit which could make for another opening. I'm not blaming the equipment...its made as well as it can be considering. It's just one of those things....luckily it doesn't happen all that much.

BTW, I've been stunned more than a few times....never enough to break a bone but enough to tell you it hurts like hell. I can't imagine the pain of an NHL shot smashing into my leg. These NHL players are some tough SOBs.

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
No doubt about it. Who was that broke his leg blocking a shot on the PK in the playoffs a couple of years back -- and stayed out to finish his shift? My word, the amount of testicular-fortitude that would require...

Last edited:

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
No doubt about it. Who was that broke his leg blocking a shot on the PK in the playoffs a couple of years back -- and stayed out to finish his shift? My word, the amount of testicular-fortitude that would require...

Gregory Campbell of the Bruins... in the ECF before they lost to the Hawks in 13. Even though he was just a 3rd liner, he was playing good that series and definitely helped the Hawks he happened to get a bad break.

[video=youtube;h15m87WsCHQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h15m87WsCHQ[/video]

Liked Posts:
Considering how hard they shoot the puck, the crazy way these guys constantly try to block shots and the design in general of hockey shin guards....I'm surprised this doesn't happen more often. Any of you that has played knows that the shin guards used, particularly NHL grade...are very well made but they are far from safe only because of the way the human body is constructed. You have to bend your knees when you skate so the guards have to be flexible around the front of the knee and the flex is not strong enough to take the brunt of a hard shot...plus you probably have noticed that all the players have tape wrapped around their legs...that is done to hold the guards in place. It helps but they do shift around a bit which could make for another opening. I'm not blaming the equipment...its made as well as it can be considering. It's just one of those things....luckily it doesn't happen all that much.

BTW, I've been stunned more than a few times....never enough to break a bone but enough to tell you it hurts like hell. I can't imagine the pain of an NHL shot smashing into my leg. These NHL players are some tough SOBs.

I took an 80 mph slapshot to the penis and minus a scar I have now, nothing broke :gulp: shin pads are reallly strong and he must have gotten a defective product that had microfractures in it. The plastic materials made for hockey are STRONG. I wear 30 dollar Rebellion shin guards and a 20 dollar Rebellion chest protector........... aren't Hecc approved but I still haven't blown my knees out..... yet.

Sent from my LG-C800 using Tapatalk 2

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Will be really really really interesting to see who sits when he comes back.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It seems like he would be game ready 2 or 3 weeks from now. Any PTs on the board?

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Should be about two weeks out if he's doing non-contact practice. Skating regularly is the biggest step in leg injuries. Now it's getting back into game shape.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Will this get #32 off the ice?

Getting T-Roz off the ice would be like getting the T-Rex in Jurassic park to stop trying to eat those annoying kids....

Though maybe this would work:

jurassic-park-rex-o.gif

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Getting T-Roz off the ice would be like getting the T-Rex in Jurassic park to stop trying to eat those annoying kids....

Though maybe this would work:

Will you be going to game tonight causing them to lose again? :turrible: