list of 2015 free agents

Liked Posts:
This thread is an honest acknowledgment of a lack of faith in. Emerys drafting. When teams are getting results from draft picks, threads like this don't happen this early.

Foul Phil

CCS Thread Ender
Liked Posts:
This thread is an honest acknowledgment of a lack of faith in. Emerys drafting. When teams are getting results from draft picks, threads like this don't happen this early.

This is more of an indictment of how long the Bears have had bad drafts. Emery has been here for 3 drafts. Those 3 drafts do not make a team.

Plus it is silly to ignore free agency. I am not saying you always try to sign the highest dollar FA every year but sometimes you can find real good value. Oh, and before you say look at the Packers, didn't they just sign Peppers who has been pretty good for them this year?

RisWell

Liked Posts:
For QB would love to see what Trestman can do with ponder. Quick release and got brains. Locker also would be a nice pick up.

Liked Posts:
Stefen Wisniewski would be a reasonable FA signing that I'd like a lot. The kid is in his mid 20's, he can play all three interior O-line positions, & the Bears need a new Center now. IMO, DLP & Garza have been underwhelming, & now it looks as though there could be a possibility that the Bears will have to address the starting O-line again, outside of the Center position. Signing Wisniewski would let Emery focus on using his draft picks for fixing the defense, & hopefully a young QB prospect also from the draft to boot.

IMO Stefen Wisniewski would be a very under rated & overlooked, quality FA signing. I know he's had some difficulties that seem a bit uncharacteristic to his prior three seasons of play, but he is working with a rookie QB in the early phase of a rebuild.

Granted, Wisniewski isn't cut from the same mold as Pouncey, but he is still a very good young, smart, Center/Interior O-lineman in his own right, who can fill the position consistency, I believe. I think signing Wisniewski would have a lot of bang for it's buck like the Slauson signing had in the 2013 season.

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
I really don't think you're going to see the Bears as active in FA this year as they have been the last two years. They may sign a vet LB, a backup TE, a vet DL perhaps but otherwise I don't see a ton of upgrades coming from signing other teams FA's.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Rolando McClain, MLB

KJ Wright, OLB

Devin McCourty S

Any of these 3 would be nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Looks like there are a lot of good long snappers available right now!

HAVOCONE

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Some FA would be nice, but not to many. 1 thing I heard said during the GB game, was bears have 31 FA's on the team, whereas GB had 5. evidently the bears have more FA's then any other team in the league. It would be nice to see our beloved bears actually build a good team from the draft. look at NE and how the cornered the draft over the years and look what they have been able to field. same goes for GB. those 2 teams been knocking on the championships doors for years. seems year in and year out. the way it looks, emery has been trying to do just that. so far he's given us a few good offensive players, and a few defensive players. hopefully the next draft he can add a little of both. eventually this team will be solid. problem is we have to wait. keep your fingers n toes crossed bears fan. hopefully they surprise us with a couple of good picks. not just 1 or 2.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
This is more of an indictment of how long the Bears have had bad drafts. Emery has been here for 3 drafts. Those 3 drafts do not make a team.

Plus it is silly to ignore free agency. I am not saying you always try to sign the highest dollar FA every year but sometimes you can find real good value. Oh, and before you say look at the Packers, didn't they just sign Peppers who has been pretty good for them this year?

Yep. And I'm really tired of hearing how great the Packers are for drafting 50 of their 53 players or whatever the fuck it is. Drafting 50 of their 53 players wouldn't mean anything if they didn't draft that one guy behind center.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
If you're going to sign someone, make sure they are under 28 because you aren't going to be good for awhile.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
Yep. And I'm really tired of hearing how great the Packers are for drafting 50 of their 53 players or whatever the fuck it is. Drafting 50 of their 53 players wouldn't mean anything if they didn't draft that one guy behind center.

What about that Thor looking dude who is good at not cycling when the NFL tests for PEDs, and gained like 55lbs of solid muscle at a known renegade PED program in the span of 24 months?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I'm not a fan of all these off the street FAs.

Sent from my bathroom using toilet talk.

Major Ursa

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Utah State Aggies
Shane Vereen and Brandon Spikes sound good to me. Vereen is a really good receiving back and still young. We need to take some pressure off Forte. Having the two brothers here would be cool too. Spikes would be a nice upgrade at MLB.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really don't think you're going to see the Bears as active in FA this year as they have been the last two years. They may sign a vet LB, a backup TE, a vet DL perhaps but otherwise I don't see a ton of upgrades coming from signing other teams FA's.

Good call! In one thread you argue that every NFL team is looking to upgrade 82% of it's starters. In this thread you argue that one of the worst defenses in the NFL and a team that ended up at 5-11 won't be looking to be very active in FA. Good stuff here.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Please stop digging up old threads. This is several now.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
This one has a list of relevant information still