D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ball-handling, play-making, and defense are the key areas where Butler is better than Deng. Deng, however, was a much better pure shooter when un-guarded.

I think Butler is now in the same echelon as Deng. I prefer Butler as a better fit for the Bulls than Deng mostly for offensive reasons. He is a willing and able passer, and he attacks the basket and gets to the line. The Bulls needed a stand-out athletically (mainly in transition) other than Rose, and they now have that in Jimmy Butler.
I agree with this.

But if Deng were still here, and the had this current team, boasting a starting lineup of

Rose
Butler
Deng
Gasol
Noah

And a bench of

Brooks
Hinrich
Dunleavy
Gibson
Gasol/Mirotic

The Bulls would strangle the East, and make the Cavs an afterthought for years

Liked Posts:
Our line up has three perennial all stars in Noah, Rose, Gasol. Now we have Butler who will be #4. I will argue that this is an amazing collection of talent that the Bulls have put together. All of our draft picks seem to be a success. Looking forward to Mirotic and McDermott maturing.

Sent from my LG-C800 using Tapatalk 2

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Our line up has three perennial all stars in Noah, Rose, Gasol. Now we have Butler who will be #4. I will argue that this is an amazing collection of talent that the Bulls have put together. All of our draft picks seem to be a success. Looking forward to Mirotic and McDermott maturing.

Unless Noah has a hot December/January, I cant see him making the All-Star team this year. Last year he just played unbelievable and that'll be hard to top with a better team around him. That said he's still a valuable player to the team.

I also don't see how Rose makes it unless he's voted in... or suddenly stops getting injured.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Unless Noah has a hot December/January, I cant see him making the All-Star team this year. Last year he just played unbelievable and that'll be hard to top with a better team around him. That said he's still a valuable player to the team.

I also don't see how Rose makes it unless he's voted in... or suddenly stops getting injured.

Rose almost made it last year after only playing in the first 10 games. He's basically a lock as I doubt his popularity has fallen off THAT much to where he doesn't make it.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Rose almost made it last year after only playing in the first 10 games. He's basically a lock as I doubt his popularity has fallen off THAT much to where he doesn't make it.
1.Dwyane Wade929,542
2.Kyrie Irving860,221
3.John Wall393,129
4.Derrick Rose359,546
5.Ray Allen250,909
6.Rajon Rondo174,654
7.Lance Stephenson148,382
8.DeMar DeRozan131,228
9.George Hill129,533
10.Deron Williams126,423
I don't consider a 500675 difference almost making it. If he isn't out for the season by All-Star break he could be much closer to Irving, but Cleveland has more positive media exposure while all of Rose's exposure is negative. I don't see him making it.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
i think Rose makes it

sure his comments got allot of backlash but still i think his base is strong enough

Derrick is big worldwide maybe the 2nd most popular next to Kobe...kids in china/japan love him

Rose wasn't even on the ballot last year so thats 359,546 write in votes...thats impressive

Liked Posts:
Our line up has three perennial all stars in Noah, Rose, Gasol. Now we have Butler who will be #4. I will argue that this is an amazing collection of talent that the Bulls have put together. All of our draft picks seem to be a success. The Spurs are a team that we could turn into with all of their championships built from scouting produc. Looking forward to Mirotic and McDermott maturing.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
So at this point what is his new worth to keep him here at the end of the season if he keeps this up? Is he worth trading other players to fit a higher salaried butler?

These are the ?s facing garpax

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Jimmy should be in MVP discussion right now. That would be something else if he ended up winning it.

Papa Wheelie

Liked Posts:
Jimmy has gone back to playing his game which is attacking the rim and not trying to shoot 3s all day. He is even posting guys up like he did back at Marquette, he's clearly playing with crazy swagger.

Exactly! I've been saying this forever. Jimmy is not a 3 and D guy. He's better than that. He's too strong and big to hang at the 3 point line. He's attacking the rim the way he plays defense now, and we're seeing the rewards for playing HIS game.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd say Butler is even better on D than Deng ever was. He generates turnovers, something that Deng never really did. He's got more athleticism and strength to use as well. Perhaps that's a matter of opinion though. Not to discount Deng either, he's definitely one of the best perimeter defenders in the league. I agree though that the offensive capabilities are what truly separates them from each other. Butler just seems like he has the more complete offensive game.

I've not watched enough of Butler this year, but in the past he tended to guard smaller players while Deng guarded larger players. I could be wrong with this assessment, but I recall Butler guarding Guards at times where Loul usually had a Shooting forward or point forward. I may be wrong, but I saw them as not guarding the same type players to make an assessment of how they guarded, except to say, they are both terrific at D. And I totally agree, " Butler just seems like he has the more complete offensive game."

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I've not watched enough of Butler this year, but in the past he tended to guard smaller players while Deng guarded larger players. I could be wrong with this assessment, but I recall Butler guarding Guards at times where Loul usually had a Shooting forward or point forward. I may be wrong, but I saw them as not guarding the same type players to make an assessment of how they guarded, except to say, they are both terrific at D. And I totally agree, " Butler just seems like he has the more complete offensive game."

In Deng's last 2 seasons in Chicago, Thibs tried an experiment where Deng played PF minutes. Some nights it worked well, others were so-so. But before that point, Deng and Butler pretty much had the same assignments.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
shooting forward?

Liked Posts:

But this doesn't happen in a vacuum. Hibberts playoffs last year might have lessened his status.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
i think Rose makes it

sure his comments got allot of backlash but still i think his base is strong enough

Derrick is big worldwide maybe the 2nd most popular next to Kobe...kids in china/japan love him

Rose wasn't even on the ballot last year so thats 359,546 write in votes...thats impressive

Except he was.
Screen-Shot-2013-11-15-at-1.37.52-PM.png