ATT: LOVIE NUTHUGGERS - please return to reality

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Possibly because Lovie's teams, despite their offensive shortcomings, were at the very least almost always prepared. They usually managed to stay in games until the end even when they lost (obviously not every time, but usually). They were never the kind of clusterfuck we've seen over the last few weeks, breaking embarassing team records for ineptitude. Hell even the vaunted offense with all its talent is only managing 22 points per game, and that's supposed to be the strngth of this team. This team has no identity, no level of cohesiveness at all, and they're generally all over the place. Lovie ran a tight ship compared to this. The respect and loyalty of his players was a testimony to that. I haven't seen anyone say that the defense was "elite" all the time. It was good more often than not. Certainly better than either unit on this team.

And that got them what exactly? 5 3rd or 4th place divisional finishes in 9 years? 117 offensive coordinators?

And yes, Lovie's players loved him. And they won nothing. Zilch.

This an argument of who is hotter - the 250 pound girl or the 275 pound girl? Suggesting Lovie was some sort of successful HC because Trestman sucks is like saying that Nickelback is a good band because Maroon 5 is a shittier band.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This thread needs more this...

lovie-smith.jpg

chi_a_loviets_576.jpg

600x375

lovieand54.jpg

Lovie-Key-Points-Graphic900.jpg

[video=youtube;DaoB2-UBPbY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaoB2-UBPbY[/video][/QUOTE]

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
And that got them what exactly? 5 3rd or 4th place divisional finishes in 9 years? 117 offensive coordinators?

And yes, Lovie's players loved him. And they won nothing. Zilch.

Correct, they didn't win the SB, so they weren't ultimately successful. They were a heck of a lot better than the current crock of shit though. Hosting two NFC championships, a SB appearance, and a team with an identity which was respected around the league. Compare that to the train wreck we have now, despite all its talent.

This an argument of who is hotter - the 250 pound girl or the 275 pound girl?

What? Aren't you about 50? Why do you talk like a college frat boy? The answer is that if they're intelligent, both are worth more than a skinny airhead who's nothing but hair and teeth. Hope this helps.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Correct, they didn't win the SB, so they weren't ultimately successful. They were a heck of a lot better than the current crock of shit though. Hosting two NFC championships, a SB appearance, and a team with an identity which was respected around the league. Compare that to the train wreck we have now, despite all its talent.

What? Aren't you about 50? Why do you talk like a college frat boy? The answer is that if they're intelligent, both are worth more than a skinny airhead who's nothing but hair and teeth. Hope this helps.

Why the fuck do you keep bringing up the current team and coaching staff??? Nobody here is saying Trestman is better than Lovie. They're saying Lovie was very much mediocre, which is true.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Why the fuck do you keep bringing up the current team and coaching staff??? Nobody here is saying Trestman is better than Lovie. They're saying Lovie was very much mediocre, which is true.

By what standards and definitions of medicore?

His Bears tenure is by far better than average-medicore head coaching careers. It's a smack to the face of logic to keep repeatedly going off bad perceptions of what actually occurs around the league.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Either I need a cure for the common headache, or I need a Nick80ish self ban for a week, or I have to block about 5 morons.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
By what standards and definitions of medicore?

His Bears tenure is by far better than average-medicore head coaching careers. It's a smack to the face of logic to keep repeatedly going off bad perceptions of what actually occurs around the league.

3 playoff appearances in 9 years is actually worse than mediocre. He also had records of 5-11, 7-9 twice, 9-7 and 8-8. Very mediocre.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Possibly because Lovie's teams, despite their offensive shortcomings, were at the very least almost always prepared. They usually managed to stay in games until the end even when they lost (obviously not every time, but usually). They were never the kind of clusterfuck we've seen over the last few weeks, breaking embarassing team records for ineptitude.

How quickly we forget. Always prepared? Never a clusterfuck? The entire 2004 season was a clusterfuck due to his unprepared approach to offense. Quinn, Krenzel, Hutch is the epitome of an unprepared clusterfuck. At least when Cutler went down for Trestman he was able to keep the team competitive and didn't completely tank the season like Lovie did with Hanie in 2011.

And let's not act like Lovie's teams were never blown out or embarrassed during his tenure. The 41-10 drubbing by Indy in 04 was just as bad, the 37-3 beatdown by GB in 08 was pretty embarrassing, along with the 3 eggs they laid in 09 (45-10 vs Cincy, 41-10 vs Az, and 31-7 vs Ravens), the 10 sack Giants game in 2010 was pretty embarrassing as was the 38-13 Seahaws game in '11...so let's not act like it was all sunshine and rainbows under Lovie and his teams were never caught unprepared.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1ke

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Most NFL head coaches don't take teams to two conference C'ships and a Superbowl, ending careers with a .604 winning percentage and winning NFL coach of the year. The ones who do that and exceed it are generally considered very good coaches. By every objective measurable, that's an above average resume for a coach.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
Either I need a cure for the common headache, or I need a Nick80ish self ban for a week, or I have to block about 5 morons.

If you don't think Lovie Smith is better than mediocre = you're a moron. Brilliant logic there.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
Most NFL head coaches don't take to two conference C'ships and a Superbowl, ending careers with a .604 winning percentage and winning NFL coach of the year. By every objective measurable, that's an above average resume for a coach.

.604 winning percentage is just above .500. I'd say that's pretty much the definition of mediocre.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
Most NFL head coaches don't take to two conference C'ships and a Superbowl, ending careers with a .604 winning percentage and winning NFL coach of the year. By every objective measurable, that's an above average resume for a coach.

.604 winning percentage is just above .500. I'd say that's pretty much the definition of mediocre.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
3 playoff appearances in 9 years is actually worse than mediocre. He also had records of 5-11, 7-9 twice, 9-7 and 8-8. Very mediocre.

Mediocre in WHAT SENSE? That makes absolutely no point until you describe what layer of standard you are judging someone off of... it's not mediocre in comparison to the general NFL HC. Mediocre is a term based off being moderate, he had more success than the moderate/average NFL HC ever does.

His winning percentage in his tenure with the bears was top 50 of all time in NHL HCs.. you think then that the top 50 of coaches of all time in the NFL are mediocre! The whole point is that is a horrible usage of concepts of mediocre

You can say YOU demand more and it's not good enough.. it's not by a logical means mediocre for an NFL HC though.

ptisme

Liked Posts:
The rest of the NFC North was sad to see Lovie leave...

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

You don't seem very knowledgable or experienced with these type of statistics. There is a huge difference in a winning of .604 versus .500, especially over a long period of time. For example, in baseball and .604 percentage is phenomenal and .500 is average. Of course, your answer to this will be this isn't baseball, lol.

You might want to spend a bit more time learning about this stuff. Look at the history of the NFL, and they very few coaches with a winning percentage of over .600 and their HOF names. You might be surprised as well to see some of the greatest coaches ever between .500 and .600. Think before you post.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Yea... #2 scoring offense, #1 ranked ST's and #3 defense in the NFL. Incomplete...

Revisionist history at it's finest.

One season.

And they win a SB?

Lovie was fired because he couldn't put a competent offense on the field - i.e., a complete football team. Surely you know this.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Big Lovie supporter here. But the further away from his firing, the more I see it was needed and IMO just a guy.

Also didn't know Lovies defenses were that average for that many years.

Much more a believer in the..... It ain't the Xs and Os, it's the Jimmys and the Joes quote.