Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
LOL lovie sucked here and he sucks now in Tampa. Stop making him seem better than what he is.

I wouldn't say he sucked, but he was no better than an average HC. You look at the two years the NFC was bad and they're the two best years in the Lovie era. When the NFC started to balance out the power, all of a sudden the Bears couldn't make the playoffs anymore. Lovie lost pretty much every big game he coached while on the Bears.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't say he sucked, but he was no better than an average HC. You look at the two years the NFC was bad and they're the two best years in the Lovie era. When the NFC started to balance out the power, all of a sudden the Bears couldn't make the playoffs anymore. Lovie lost pretty much every big game he coached while on the Bears.

I know, just riling up the lovie loyalists.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
His OC has been out sick some preseason so it's premature to judge his work.

Lovie always drafted and spent on O. The players just weren't good. 6 first rounders were offensive.
They were definitely offensive.

Sent from my bathroom using toilet talk.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Trestman is doing such a GOOD JOB. OP is a fucking idiot

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trestman is doing such a GOOD JOB. OP is a fucking idiot

Yes clearly it's Trestman's fault when a WR drops a pass, the OL lets rushers come completely unblocked, and Cutler throws inaccurate passes. :bizarro::facepalm:

The only fucking idiot here is you and people that continue to scapeboat coaches for players failing to execute their jobs correctly.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Learn to read fucktard. I wasn't comparing Trestman with Halas, I was highlighting the fact that it's been 52 years since the Bears have had a legit offensive mind in the building (because Ditka doesn't really count as an "offensive mind"). I'm beyond tired of the meatball mindset that the only way for Chicago to have success is for some defensive minded coach to build a defensive focused team, with the offense a distant afterthought. I was highlighting the fact that at least Trestman understands the value of the QB and offense in today's NFL and that it would be fucking stupid to scapegoat him after 2 years when the obvious answer is to get him a better DC, and for Emery to draft more talented defensive players and a better QB.

Yet, for all of your railing against Lovie Smith, his side of the ball (defense) has never looked as incompetent as the Bears offense has this season under Trestman, and that's supposed to be his expertise.

You also blast Lovie for a bunch of personnel decisions. You don't think Trestman was involved in the decision to keep Cutler and throw him a long-term contract extensions, which is proving to be quite the colossal fuckup?

I can sit here and tell you that I've got no issues with the Bears letting Lovie Smith go. But the things I'm seeing from the Bears right now are things that just never happened under Lovie's watch.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yes clearly it's Trestman's fault when a WR drops a pass, the OL lets rushers come completely unblocked, and Cutler throws inaccurate passes. :bizarro::facepalm:

The only fucking idiot here is you and people that continue to scapeboat coaches for players failing to execute their jobs correctly.

Oh the players arent ready to play? Seems like a coaching thing.

Idiot.

cd35

Liked Posts:
Just bc Lovie's not a great coach doesn't mean Trestman is not completely incompetent.

And it's not just the players, his entire scheme looks amateurish and incompetent against NFL teams. It's pathetic and if they had any guts which they don't the coaches would be gone after this game like they should have 2 games ago

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
and yes, when players fuck up and don't do their jobs, the coaches tend to lose their jobs. Crazy, I know.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
You also blast Lovie for a bunch of personnel decisions. You don't think Trestman was involved in the decision to keep Cutler and throw him a long-term contract extensions, which is proving to be quite the colossal fuckup?

Oh I'm sure Trestman was and he and Emery deserve the criticism for that move as it looks awful in hindsight just like Lovie and Jerry deserve criticism all their terrible roster mistakes. I've never claimed Trestman is some infallible coach. I just think it's dumb to make him the scapegoat for obvious player execution issues.

I can sit here and tell you that I've got no issues with the Bears letting Lovie Smith go. But the things I'm seeing from the Bears right now are things that just never happened under Lovie's watch.

That's because you guys have selective memory. There were plenty of times Lovie's teams came out unprepared and played like shit.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Oh I'm sure Trestman was and he and Emery deserve the criticism for that move as it looks awful in hindsight just like Lovie and Jerry deserve criticism all their terrible roster mistakes. I've never claimed Trestman is some infallible coach. I just think it's dumb to make him the scapegoat for obvious player execution issues.

That's because you guys have selective memory. There were plenty of times Lovie's teams came out unprepared and played like shit.

Oh, I have selective memory?

Smith had 12 games in 9 seasons where his team lost by more than 20 points. Average of 1.25 per season.

Trestman has already had FIVE of those games in less than two seasons as a coach.

[Edit] And at some point, rampant player miscues have to be pinned on the head coach. We're getting there with Trestman.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh the players arent ready to play? Seems like a coaching thing.

Idiot.

I love these completely meaningless meatball phrases like "the players aren't ready to play"... what a crock a bullshit.

Yeah professional players that have been playing all their life "aren't ready to play" on gamedays... yeah ok. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Is it really that difficult to just admit a player failed to execute on a particular play?

You know it's possible to be "ready to play" and "prepared" or whatever the fuck else you want to call it and still miss a block, or drop a pass, miss a tackle, etc.

Idiot.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh, I have selective memory?

Smith had 12 games in 9 seasons where his team lost by more than 20 points. Average of 1.25 per season.

Trestman has already had FIVE of those games in less than two seasons as a coach.

[Edit] And at some point, rampant player miscues have to be pinned on the head coach. We're getting there with Trestman.

Yes, clearly you do.

Again I don't see what's so difficult to comprehend here. The Bears invested all the money into the defense for Lovie and have flipped that under Trestman. Gee what a fucking shocker that the defense has regressed. What the fuck do you people expect to happen? All the patch work mercenary FA's and under performing draft picks are going to somehow magically produce be a top 5 unit? Not to mention all the injuries as the old vets that were once great are now over the hill and injury prone. The D simply doesn't have enough talent to overcome the injuries.

It's on Phil to hire a better DC and hit on his draft picks and FA moves to improve the defense, not Trestman.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Yes, clearly you do.

Again I don't see what's so difficult to comprehend here. The Bears invested all the money into the defense for Lovie and have flipped that under Trestman. Gee what a fucking shocker that the defense has regressed. What the fuck do you people expect to happen? All the patch work mercenary FA's and under performing draft picks are going to somehow magically produce be a top 5 unit? Not to mention all the injuries as the old vets that were once great have now over the hill and injury prone. The D simply doesn't have enough talent to overcome the injuries.

It's on Phil to hire a better DC and hit on his draft picks and FA moves to improve the defense, not Trestman.

You steer the conversation in an entirely different direction and still make no sense.

Yeah, the defense has regressed under a more offensive-minded coach like Trestman. That was to be expected. But it's regressed too much, injuries or not. And, again, you're trying to pin the blame for the DC hire on Emery when you (should) know damn well that Trestman was part of that hiring process. No coach is oblivious to the hiring of his own staff. So he's getting part of that blame as well.

And you know what would've helped keep those five blowouts under Trestman's watch from happening? A fucking offense. Which, again, is supposed to be Trestman's expertise. Yet the level of the Bears' offensive incompetence under Trestman is way, way worse than any level of defensive incompetence under Trestman.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
And you know what would've helped keep those five blowouts under Trestman's watch from happening? A fucking offense. Which, again, is supposed to be Trestman's expertise. Yet the level of the Bears' offensive incompetence under Trestman is way, way worse than any level of defensive incompetence under Trestman.

It's just funny to me how last year the offense had no injuries, the players executed amazingly (especially McCown who executed nearly perfect, the receivers were making spectacular catches routinely) and the offense looked great and everyone was on Trestman's jock.

Now this year, the OL's had to deal with injuries all year and been a jumbled mess, the recievers have been banged up and dropping easy catches, Cutler's been playing like shit and now everyone thinks Trestman sucks and should be fired.

Gotta love Chicago fans. On the bandwagon when things are going perfectly but the moment adversity hits it's abandon ship and everyone should be fired and cut.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
It's just funny to me how last year the offense had no injuries, the players executed amazingly (especially McCown who executed nearly perfect, the receivers were making spectacular catches routinely) and the offense looked great and everyone was on Trestman's jock.

Now this year, the OL's had to deal with injuries all year and been a jumbled mess, the recievers have been banged up and dropping easy catches, Cutler's been playing like shit and now everyone thinks Trestman sucks and should be fired.

Gotta love Chicago fans. On the bandwagon when things are going perfectly but the moment adversity hits it's abandon ship and everyone should be fired and cut.

Oh, now the offense has had too many injuries? Yeah, there have been some. But injuries are a way of life in the NFL. Lovie Smith took a team to the Super Bowl without having two of his best defensive players in Tommie Harris and Mike Brown.

At some point, you have to stop making excuses for a coach and started holding him accountable when his team isn't performing to the level they were supposed to. I'm not calling for Trestman's job yet. But it's certainly warm.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Lovie for coach of the year?

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh, now the offense has had too many injuries? Yeah, there have been some. But injuries are a way of life in the NFL. Lovie Smith took a team to the Super Bowl without having two of his best defensive players in Tommie Harris and Mike Brown.

Yes, I understand injuries are a part of the game, but you can't deny the valid negative impact injuries have. It's not like this team is overflowing with talent that can just step in and the offense not miss a beat. I know everyone loves to spew the "next man up" nonsense but when the next guy up isn't very good you're going to see some regression.

As for Lovie, you can't honestly sit here and tell me Lovie's D was just as good when Harris and Brown went down with injuries, because they weren't. They clearly took a step back without those 2 playmakers in the lineup and were a very average defense towards the end of the season compared with the first 6 weeks of the season and Brown's lisfranc fracture.

At some point, you have to stop making excuses for a coach and started holding him accountable when his team isn't performing to the level they were supposed to. I'm not calling for Trestman's job yet. But it's certainly warm.

I have no problem holding Trestman accountable for coaching issues like his botched 2nd down FG, poor clock management, etc. I'm merely against scapegoating him for obvious player execution issues and acting like we just need a new HC and all this teams issues will magically be solved.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
As for Lovie, you can't honestly sit here and tell me Lovie's D was just as good when Harris and Brown went down with injuries, because they weren't. They clearly took a step back without those 2 playmakers in the lineup and were a very average defense towards the end of the season compared with the first 6 weeks of the season and Brown's lisfranc fracture.

Yet it still led the Bears to the Super Bowl that season. You think this current Bears' offense is leading the Bears to the playoffs, let alone a Super Bowl appearance?