Dragon Age Inquisition

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
lol, yeah I forgot to mention that. It was a pain in the ass to make a character that looked good to me. The presets look terrible which imo makes it hard. I usually start with a preset and tweak it, but in DAI, you kinda have to start from scratch. And then your character looks a little different in cut scenes than in the character creator. You kinda got to do some trial and error. Er, I did anyway.

Do you earn new hairstyles/beards as you progress? A lot of people were were saying how robust the character creator is but I'm not too impressed, you can't even alter height and weight. Can you tweak your looks eventually or are you stuck with what you chose?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I am quite salty that Nvidia has been paying off developers to nerf their products on AMD's hardware. I don't understand how that is even legal. Methinks they took the R9 series' success personally.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do you earn new hairstyles/beards as you progress? A lot of people were were saying how robust the character creator is but I'm not too impressed, you can't even alter height and weight. Can you tweak your looks eventually or are you stuck with what you chose?

Well, it depends what you compare it to. Compared to old dragon age games, any kind of adventure game, or really anything that isn't a modern mmo, the character creator is pretty strong. I don't think you can alter your looks later, tho I know you can respec.

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
Well, it depends what you compare it to. Compared to old dragon age games, any kind of adventure game, or really anything that isn't a modern mmo, the character creator is pretty strong. I don't think you can alter your looks later, tho I know you can respec.

Cool, no big deal, just thought it would be cool to add scars or whatever as you go on. Thanks.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Have to add tho, I have kinda stalled in the game since I have been real bu. Have not been playing much lately.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Check out this character creation system:

[video=youtube;k8JoNMHFUpA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8JoNMHFUpA[/video]

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;SNFSw107MQs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNFSw107MQs[/video]

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
Check out this character creation system:

[video=youtube;k8JoNMHFUpA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8JoNMHFUpA[/video]

Wow, this is amazing. I could be mistaken but is this the Korean MMO that people have been talking about?

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, its in beta in Korea. The publisher is looking for a group to bring it to the west right now and say its about a year away for the US. I think its supposed to be open world PvP sandpark, so hopefully its not just a douche gank fest cause it looks pretty amazing.

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
Lol yeah it does

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Didn't read the thread but I just want to say that the last time I enjoyed an rpg this much the bad guy was named Joneleth Irenicus.

KingDarude7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just bought this game the deluxe edition on the Playstation network. Can't wait til it's done downloading.

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
I got this for christmas for my Xbox One, what's the delux edition?

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was busy as shit for a while, but now I am back playing this game and loving it. I am really liking how varied the zones are. I am having a ton of fun just exploring. The missions or quests are interesting and have not become boring. I haven't really run into dumb fetch quests. Combat is still fun and exciting. Though Lesser Terrors are kicking my ass when there is more than one. I have to learn how to deal with those. Think maybe I need to get better with my CC's.

Morrisons

Liked Posts:
I also really like this game, but I'm just starting to play it

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
I got rather bored of it fairly quickly and stopped playing it.

policeman

Son of beech
Liked Posts:
I just picked it up- anyone got advice on character creation? And pros/cons on the various races? I was thinking male Qunari looks pretty boss.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just pick whatever class with the playstyle you like the best. It doesn't really matter in the long run. But if you don't have a strong preference, I would recommend something ranged. You can control your main character at a distance and have an overview of the battle so you can keep on eye on party members easier.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I forgot this forum existed. I am about halfway through my 3rd character (Knight Enchanter Elf Mage) and still loving this game. Some general tips for people.

1. Get out of the Hinterlands as fast as you can. The gear and such there doesn't level up so you want to get to the other areas faster as they have better gear.

2. Run the first few story missions as fast as you can. You pretty much want to get to Skyhold as quickly as possible and most of the early main story missions are not that difficult. Once you get your influence to level 6 or 7, there is a war table mission called Power for a Price that you want to do ASAP. This will unlock Farris the Representative who sells trade agreements that boost your influence. Basically there is a cheat where if you buy an agreement from him and sell it right back without leaving the buy/sell screen you basically lose no money but the game gives you the influence points. So pretty much repeating this for about 5-10 minutes can instantly give you all the power you will ever need to unlock all the areas as well as get you to level 20 influence so you can get the max inqusition points. I wouldn't recommend it on your first playthrough if you are purist but it is great in additional play throughs where you are really just play for the story.

4. Maker sure you spend your early Inquisition perks on the Secrets tree because you want to get Deft Hands, Fine Tools as fast as possible so that you can use a Rogue to unlock doors throughout the game that have rare items.

3. Unlock Storm Coast only to get Iron Bull but don't spend time there. Again, the gear you get there is not that great.

4. Unlock Crestwood after the Storm Coast. You want to resolve the Mayor storyline as fast as possible so the door that is initially blocked with some dude refusing to come out is removed. Once you clear that storyline it turns into a regular locked door that once you have the Deft Hands, Fine Tools you can unlock. In that unlocked door is an Amulet of Power for your Inquisitor. The key is that loot box that has the Amulet of Power always has one other item in it. Only take the Amulet of Power. I repeat only take the Amulet of Power. You can then leave Crestwood and go to another area like Skyhold. Then if you go back to Crestwood village and and go to that same loot box, another Amulet of Power will be there because the game refreshes loot boxes whenever you don't follow loot the box/chest. So basically you can repeat this process as many times as you want to get unlimited Amulet of Powers for your Inquisitor. Again, not recommended for a first play through if you want the true experience but good on multiple playthroughs where you just want to advance through the story with another character.

5. The loot box/chest trick above works on any loot box/chest. However, you should employ this in areas like Emprise Du Lion or Hissing Wastes wherever the box has a Tier 3 schematic in it. So places this should be done are Valeska's Watch in Emprise Du Lion and Cradle of Sulevin which is a temporary zone. Basically it's the best way to stockpile Tier 3 Schematics.

6. Get to the Hissing Wastes and Emprise Du Lion as soon as you can. They offer the best gear and as long as you roll with at least 2 mages you can spam barriers to ensure you aren't overmatched against higher level opponents. I pretty much got there when I am around lvl 12 or 13 because the Tomb of Fariel quest in Hissing Wastes offers the best Tier 3 schematics and you don't fight many high level enemies to get it. Emprise to Lion requires more effort to get to Cradle of Sulevin but it is good to go there because you get more Unique Amor drops and more importantly, it has the best metals for crafting amor and weapons (Silverite, Everite, etc.).

7. Kill dragons as soon as you can. Once you have Vivienne or your own mage as Knight Enchanter specialization, respect here to put most of her points in the left half of the KE tree and into barriers. Basically the Spirit Blade ability gives her unlimited barriers as long as you are hitting the dragon with it plus it does bonus damage against guard. So you basically need to make sure she is constantly spamming Spirit blade and have your party consist of as many mages as possible because then you can keep them alive by having rotate through the barriers. So basically Vivienne or your KE Inqusitor Mage should be used to keep the Dragon occupied up front while the rest of your party is on the backside bunched together. If you have at least 3 mages then you can usually constantly have a barrier up on the other 3 while Viv can continually replenish her own barrier using Spirit Blade.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Now as far as builds. Here is what I would suggest.

My first playthrough on Nightmare (I always do Nightmare first in case I end up not wanting to play a second playthrough, I get the achievement upfront) was as a Qunari Archer. Basically you want to put your points into the Archery Tree focusing on any abilities that get you Dex or Cunning. You can put the rest of your points in whatever other tree you want. The minute you get to Skyhold, you want to unlock the War Table mission that gives you specializations and I highly recommend the Assassin specializations. Once you get it, respect your Archer to put max out the Assassin tree (except for the Sleeping Bomb one) first and then Archery. Doesn't matter what else you put your points into. For high level enemies (dragons, bosses) you basically throw Mark of Death then Hidden blades and then whatever other Archery abilities do big damage. You need to watch the top right corner for when the Mark of Death starts flashing as that is the cue that it is about to run out. You basically want to trigger it before it runs out as you do bonus damage. This method once you have tier 3 Weapons basically gives you 25-50k in damage. I pretty much can kill dragons in a couple minutes using this strategy and can kill Giants and other high level enemies in one go. Your strategy ultimately becomes making sure the rest of the party keeps any low level goons off your archer so that the archer can focus on taking down the big game. I normally run with at least 2 mages with my Archer for their barriers and crowd control abilities and one warrior to keep people form coming after my archer because he fucks people up so bad that everyone basically wants to come after the dude. You also want to keep Stealth in reserve in the event someone does come after your archer so that you can lose them. As far as weapons and gear, you need to get to Hissing Wastes as I said above and do the Tomb of Fariel. It gives you the Tier 3 Bow and if you have killed enough dragons then you can get the best bow in the game by using Dragon Bone. You also want to get the Fade Touch material that gives you a 10% chance of using Hidden Blades because that just gives you another chance at getting Hidden Blades which makes your Archer a Beast at killing shit. As far as Armor and accessories, you want to focus on Critical Damage and Chance and want to be around 150% for CD and 20-30% for CC at least.

My second playthrough was as a Two Handed Dwarf and I started on normal because nightmare is just a drag on the low levels and I already had the achievement from my Archer above. Basically you want to start by putting points into the War Cry side of the tree ending in Unbowed so you can get Guard. Otherwise, dude will get killed quickly. Then you want to get the Reaver Specialization and fill out that tree. Your combo for this will be Ring of Pain, followed by Devour followed by spamming Dragon Rage. You only use this combo on Dragons or other high level enemies. Otherwise, you can take down normal goons with just other abilities and Ring of Pain because Dragon Rage reduces your health. You also want to get the Inqusition perk that gives you extra health potions as soon as possible because you will need them with Dragon Rage. This dude doesn't kill things as quickly as the archer but he's still pretty much quick and the bonus is that with the Guard you gave him and 12 potions, you can pretty much solo Dragons with him by spamming Dragon Rage. You also want to give him hidden blades on his weapon as well as either hit on guard or health on kill on his armor so that you get bonus damage and guard or health regen. Finally Sulevin Blade (from Cradle of Sulevin) is the weapon of choice (it has 47 strength) and is better than the Crafted two handed weapons unlike with the Archer although the advantage of the crafted weapons is you can use them without any regard to having to be a certain level. Once your strength is around 80 and you constitution around 25-30, you want to pump the rest of the points into gear and accessories that give you CD and CC so you can get the bonus to damage. Finally, I run with a Dwarf because the Legion of the Dead Armor that you get from Tomb of Fariel in Hissing Wastes is the best heavy armor in the game and can only be worn by Dwarves. One other point. The LOD Armor which is heavy armor can also be used by Varric but only if you put build it with Silverite which you get from emprise du lion. Otherwise, it is usually restricted for him because it is heavy armor and he is usually restricted to medium armor.

Finally, my current play through is with a Mage. For this dude I focus on the Spirit Tree for barriers and the Electricity Tree because it offers the best DPS. The other trees (Cold, and Fire) are more for crowd control which I use my other Mages for. I pick the Knight Enchanter specialization because as I noted with Vivienne above, it gives you unlimited barriers so I basically use the electricity abilities when I am at range and then if anyone gets close I spam Spirit Blade for unlimited barriers. I also use Spirit Blade on Dragons as I can pretty much solo them. The only downside is the DPS for the Mage is much lower than the Warrior or Archer so it takes longer but again I pretty much have limited risk of dying with the barrier regen that Spirit Blade offers. I usually pick an Elf for a mage because the Keeper Robes (also from Tomb of Fariel) is the best light armor in the game and can only be worn by Elves. I usually outfit my staff with Hidden Blades again for bonus damage and my armor with Guard just to add another layer of protection for my Mage. I then fill out my party with whoever the hell I want because KE dude pretty much can survive anything and so isn't as dependent on other characters to keep goons off him like the Archer and isn't at as much risk of losing Barriers/Guard as the Two Handed Warrior.