Dragon Age Inquisition

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
OH! And have you heard about Pillars of Eternity!? Looks fucking awesome.

[video=youtube;bHsYvnGVVkE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHsYvnGVVkE[/video]

Yeah, Ive been following it. I dig the old school isometric approach, and Im hoping with that approach Obsidian will get their shit together and it wont be as sloppy as their work usually is.

Im also looking forward to Torment: Tides of Numenera, though not taking place in the D&D planescape which was a character in and of itself in the original Torment I do wonder if theyll be able to capture the magic of the original.

If nothing else at least Obsidian and Inxile seem to stay or try to stay true to the RPing elements of RPGs rather than turing them into more combat oriented ARPGs.

Oh, and Original Sin is also on my list. As is the original Divinity. I got into RPGs late so I just recently discovered a number of 90s CRPGs that I plan to play through next though, such as Betrayal at Krondor, Lands of Lore, Ultima 7, M&M6, etc. One of those will get a spin next, after I finish up NWN2.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Divinity original sin is brand new. Er, within like 6 months or something. Its great, but the tone is a little lighter than NW2 or BG2.

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
I don't know how you guys keep playing this game. Kudos to you but I got extremely bored with this game and I haven't even beaten a dragon yet. I love RPG's but I stopped playing this game. Thankfully, I got this as a Christmas gift so no money wasted just time.

policeman

Son of beech
Liked Posts:
I don't know how you guys keep playing this game. Kudos to you but I got extremely bored with this game and I haven't even beaten a dragon yet. I love RPG's but I stopped playing this game. Thankfully, I got this as a Christmas gift so no money wasted just time.

I had never played an RPG before I picked up DAI- I friggin loved it. The weapon and armor crafting, the battle camera, the missions, leveling up, trying different characters, the unique sandboxes, the dragons, didn't bore me at all. Didn't care all that much about the convoluted story. Goes into my top five of all time. But- to each their own.

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
I had never played an RPG before I picked up DAI- I friggin loved it. The weapon and armor crafting, the battle camera, the missions, leveling up, trying different characters, the unique sandboxes, the dragons, didn't bore me at all. Didn't care all that much about the convoluted story. Goes into my top five of all time. But- to each their own.

To each their own. I think my biggest issues with the game is the weapon and armor crafting. Skyrim definitely spoiled me in that aspect cause in my opinion that's the standard. I really do like the mass amounts of choices that you can develop your players by whether it be magic or fighting. But it wasn't enough to keep me playing.

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
I decided to give this game another shot and i'm definitely having more fun playing this game this time around. I think i'm a level 11 Rogue.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Running through the Still Ruins right now. The place is amazing. All frozen in time during some crazy battle and shit. Fucking cool.

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
Has anybody beat this game yet? If you haven't, without saying too much, let's just say some interesting things happen with a member of your group.

For those that do play the game, what character do you usually play as and do you keep as your company?

I've played through every character there is and my favorite is either a two handed warrior or a duel wield rogue.

When I play as a two handed warrior I usually rock with Sera (Rogue) Solas (Mage) and Vivienne (Mage)

When I play as rogue I usually rock with Dorian (Mage) Cassandra (Warrior) and Blackwall (Warrior)

policeman

Son of beech
Liked Posts:
Has anybody beat this game yet? If you haven't, without saying too much, let's just say some interesting things happen with a member of your group.

For those that do play the game, what character do you usually play as and do you keep as your company?

I've played through every character there is and my favorite is either a two handed warrior or a duel wield rogue.

When I play as a two handed warrior I usually rock with Sera (Rogue) Solas (Mage) and Vivienne (Mage)

When I play as rogue I usually rock with Dorian (Mage) Cassandra (Warrior) and Blackwall (Warrior)

Been all the way through (including Jaws of Hakkon) as an Archer Assassin. Working through on other characters (not sure if I'll complete any of them) as a 2h Champion, KE Mage, and an Artificer. I usually role with Solas- even though I hate his character, Sera or Varric (sometimes both) and Cass as a 2H Templar- she is absolutely murder on demons- but useless on dragons.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I always party with my favorite characters, without regard to party composition as much as possible.

I play a mage and have cassandra, dorian, and sera in my party. I rotate blackwall and solas in too. The rest of the companions are less interesting to me.

Bums me out there aren't any hot chicks. Some bullshit really. I mean cmon, we need at least one miranda or liara per game BioWare. wtf.

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
I always party with my favorite characters, without regard to party composition as much as possible.

I play a mage and have cassandra, dorian, and sera in my party. I rotate blackwall and solas in too. The rest of the companions are less interesting to me.

Bums me out there aren't any hot chicks. Some bullshit really. I mean cmon, we need at least one miranda or liara per game BioWare. wtf.

Tell me about it. I was so pissed when I found out I couldn't get into Vivienne's panties. As far as party members go, i'm the complete opposite. I play with the mindset of who helps out my character the most.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know, old thread but.... I just opened up What Pride Had Wrought in the war room. Is this quest line the end of the game? I googled it, but I'm afraid of reading spoilers so stopped reading.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
iu

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
I know, old thread but.... I just opened up What Pride Had Wrought in the war room. Is this quest line the end of the game? I googled it, but I'm afraid of reading spoilers so stopped reading.

It's near the end, but not the point of no return, if that's what you're asking. You can still explore, just don't start Doom Upon All the World (IIRC there is some in-game warning text at the war table).

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's near the end, but not the point of no return, if that's what you're asking. You can still explore, just don't start Doom Upon All the World (IIRC there is some in-game warning text at the war table).

Perfect! Thanks. Even though we picked up Xbox One, I still want to finish DAI.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
There are certain missions that are no longer available if you play WPHW first depending on whether you side with the mages or templars. Before the Dawn and Under Her Skin are the two main missions that become unavailable and they both have items/rewards that make WPHW or one of the later missions easier (I forget which one). It's also good to have Solas in the party as he has dialogue that differs from others in the part.

I beat this game with 3 characters Dwarf soldier, Qunari Assassin (alternated between archer and dual blade), and an Elven mage. I think I still needed to finish the last DLC with the mage and might just do that this holiday season once I finish Assassin's Creed Origins.

There have been rumors of a sequel planned for a 2019 release.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There are certain missions that are no longer available if you play WPHW first depending on whether you side with the mages or templars. Before the Dawn and Under Her Skin are the two main missions that become unavailable and they both have items/rewards that make WPHW or one of the later missions easier (I forget which one). It's also good to have Solas in the party as he has dialogue that differs from others in the part.

I beat this game with 3 characters Dwarf soldier, Qunari Assassin (alternated between archer and dual blade), and an Elven mage. I think I still needed to finish the last DLC with the mage and might just do that this holiday season once I finish Assassin's Creed Origins.

There have been rumors of a sequel planned for a 2019 release.

Great to hear! And thanks for all that info. By the way, playing a Qunari Mage here, odd mix. =)

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yes a Qunari mage is probably the most hated combination you can have in the game. I'm surprised you have any friends at all.