Dragon Age Inquisition

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
holy fuck bitches.

Only played about 3 hours, but damn. Game looks amazing on PC. In game looks fucking better than the cut scenes.

I rolled a mage, and the spell effects are awesome, its plays awesome, cast times are not very high, and you get to have an overview of the battles as a ranged person. Combat is sick so far. I will elaborate some more as I play. Who knows, really, at this point. But it has passed the first test, combat is fun as shit.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I want to check it out. Can you update us all after you've put 20+ hours into the game, if you don't mind? I'm curious, but wont be able to pick the game up for at least a week or so..

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
I have played the entire series and it's always very well done. I just downloaded it last night so haven't had much time to play yet, but I have heard from coworkers that it's an amazing game.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Folks! This is huge!

I was getting some chop during cutscenes and couldn't tell if it was dropped frames or what. I opened my performance/heat monitoring program and had it running on the 2nd monitor during some cutscenes. They were barely taxing my shit at all, so I hit google and found this reddit post.

Apparently, the cut scenes are locked at 30 fps and that is causing the chop for most people. But there is a quick fix so they run at 60 fps. Here it is:

http://www.reddit.com/r/dragonage/comments/2mm319/dragon_age_inquisition_30fps_cutscene_framerate/

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Folks! This is huge!

I was getting some chop during cutscenes and couldn't tell if it was dropped frames or what. I opened my performance/heat monitoring program and had it running on the 2nd monitor during some cutscenes. They were barely taxing my shit at all, so I hit google and found this reddit post.

Apparently, the cut scenes are locked at 30 fps and that is causing the chop for most people. But there is a quick fix so they run at 60 fps. Here it is:

http://www.reddit.com/r/dragonage/comments/2mm319/dragon_age_inquisition_30fps_cutscene_framerate/

Thanks, I couldn't figure out why I was getting chop when the gameplay was smooth.

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
I can't help but say I think as far as open world RPG's go, graphics wise Skyrim looks like a superior game.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Anybody else mess with the Keep thing? I spent most of the night playing with it because some of my save decisions weren't importing properly.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
Folks! This is huge!

Thank you !! This was driving me crazy, my system is a beast and the choppy cut scenes were starting to piss me off.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can't help but say I think as far as open world RPG's go, graphics wise Skyrim looks like a superior game.

lol, they are completely different games. For one, DAI is not really open world. And its a Bioware game, so its story driven above all else. It that way, it will be somewhat linear despite all the exploration.

It would be weird to pit any of the Elder Scrolls games against Dragon Age games. Very different games with very different purposes.

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
lol, they are completely different games. For one, DAI is not really open world. And its a Bioware game, so its story driven above all else. It that way, it will be somewhat linear despite all the exploration.

It would be weird to pit any of the Elder Scrolls games against Dragon Age games. Very different games with very different purposes.

Again, graphics wise, Skyrim looks like the superior game.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, maybe if you have ENB injector and a shit ton of other mods. But IDK man, even with that. Don't think I agree. But either way, neither skyrim nor DAI are bottled necked by graphics as far as enjoyment, imo.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
Again, graphics wise, Skyrim looks like the superior game.

Skyrim is on my list of best games I have ever played, but the Dragon Age series as a whole is as well. They are completely different games and hard to compare.

Cerebral

Liked Posts:
Skyrim is on my list of best games I have ever played, but the Dragon Age series as a whole is as well. They are completely different games and hard to compare.

Which is why I said graphics wise. I prefer the Oblivion series.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
OK bitches, I have played about 10 hours and holy fuck, so far the game is amazing. I haven't even left the first area yet, and I am pretty blown away. The Hinterlands area is pretty incredible (PC on ultra), its like if Yosemite valley was 6 times as big. So beautiful. Exploring is a blast and there is shit everywhere. I have definitely been getting the sense of wonder and awe just from exploration.

Combat is fast and meaty. I really like it. I am playing a mage and its awesome. Combat animations are fuckin great. Shit, the character animations in general are freaking awesome. Lots of subtle movements when you walk around or slide or jump. If combat gets outta hand, you can pause and go to the tactical view, which is great.

Here are some tips: I hear that the melee rogue is the best dps but has to be micromanaged a bit. I know there are lots of rogue fans out there, but I really recommend a ranged character. You get to see more of the action and its easier to manage your party. Also, your companions can tank just fine with little micromanagement.

Use the "attack my target" to macro manage your party. This command works really well. The whole party follows it, so the tank will keep aggro. Also, if an enemy starts charging your ranged guys or other dps, target that enemy and hit the "attack my target" command. This will shift everyone to that target, including the tank who will pull aggro and keep the enemy for going after your squishy DPS.

If shit starts going sideways in combat, pause! Then go to tactical, move your companions around (ie back), have the tank do an AoE taunt, and you can recover pretty quickly.

The Hinterlands is pretty damn big, and I was a little overwhelmed at first. But then I read that you are intended to leave and come back later! Don't get bogged down trying to do every last thing in Hinterlands! I read a Dev say you should go to Val something or other as soon as you have enough power. You will get more companions there. You can return to Hinterlands down the line when you need more power. But just make sure you get the mount before leaving Hinterlands.

Anyway, my preliminary impressions are that this shit is great. Classic BioWare with some added exploration.

There is some shit to bitch about, mostly the UI. The UI was clearly made for console and for viewing on a TV from across the room. Its too big and takes up too much screen space. And the inventory menus are stupid and annoying on a PC. The worst thing for me so far is that the camera distance is too low. They need to triple that shit, cause sometimes its hard to see. Especially in the tactical mode. The camera was so close it really bothered for a while, but I am getting pretty used to it now.

But I read that BioWare is working on making the UI more PC friendly in their first patch, so hopefully that improves a lot.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh, and as with every game, ffs, bind strafe to the A and D keys. Just don't use the keyboard to turn.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I just read that Nvidia is working on new drivers to enhance DAI, so keep an eye out.

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
I bought this today and played past tutorial 3 times, I will be doing the same tomorrow for hopefully the final time. I've made three different human males I hated the way all three of them look, the last one looking like a Disney prince. Guess I'll be switching to Elf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
lol, yeah I forgot to mention that. It was a pain in the ass to make a character that looked good to me. The presets look terrible which imo makes it hard. I usually start with a preset and tweak it, but in DAI, you kinda have to start from scratch. And then your character looks a little different in cut scenes than in the character creator. You kinda got to do some trial and error. Er, I did anyway.