What's wrong with Trestman?

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
As someone who is pretty neutral on him, what do you find so terrible about Trestman that he needs to go after this year? Is it the decision to keep Tucker? To me that seems like more of a Chicago Bears/Emery decision than a HC decision. The offense? It's clearly a QB issue. The screwed up time management? The uneven play-calling?

I'm just curious what the tipping point was for people. The blowouts suck, but then again I never expected Trestman to be a defense guy, and the DC and personnel are bad. I'm more disappointed in the organization and their decisions as a whole, but for one reason or another haven't focused my disdain specifically on Trestman. What are your thoughts?

beardownboilerup85

Liked Posts:
besides being creepy looking? he has no idea how to coach in the nfl, he doenst adjust him game plan and seems to be a pushover in the locker room.
marc-trestman-grow-a-mustache

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I don't think the players buy into him-
His clock management sucks
I never like the hire but I am nobody so who cares

the only thing he has done is improve Matt Forte's game- that's it

Tucker was a joke from the start too.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
He's a yes man to Emery. He wanted the head coaching gig so bad he was willing to do whatever Emery said. Emery got Tucker, Emery made some members stay from Lovies staff. Trestman has no balls. He's not a "leader of men".

His new age style of leadership coaching does NOT work with type A alpha male types in football. His talk of growing the man does not resonate with guys who are already the top dogs in the football world. He makes the game into this beautiful piece of sports, when in truth it's the most violent and physical game you can play. These guys get shot up at halftime to finish a game and Marc's spewing some zen talk about leading men in sole crap.

They don't respect him.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
The team quitting on him during games, the lack of discipline shown by the players.

I mean Christ as much as we grew to loathe the lack of getting to the playoffs with Lovie at least the team never quit on him and played for him and respected him. There was zero talent on offense but he always seemed to squeeze the most out of each and every player on defense. Next man up on defense always seemed to be competitive and played hard.

This team has absolutely fallen apart under Trestman.

Madden

Liked Posts:
I don't totally hate him but he has weaknesses. Basically he is good at x's and o's but doesn't have to personality to connect with everyone. He needs time to sit and plan out his strategies, therefore he has trouble making quick decisions/adjustments on gameday when something doesn't go according to his plan.

cobra302

Liked Posts:
The team was mediocre last year. This year, they have fallen apart. Trestman is the captain and the ship appears to have driven onto the rocks. They are light years from being among the elite teams & are now in probably the bottom 5 teams in the league. He's just not NFL head coaching material. Wasn't he also a flop in a couple of previous roles as offensive coordinator in the NFL in the past? Continuing with him (and Tucker) is just going to make the team worse. The experiment has been a failure; time to move on.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
The team was mediocre last year. This year, they have fallen apart. Trestman is the captain and the ship appears to have driven onto the rocks. They are light years from being among the elite teams & are now in probably the bottom 5 teams in the league. He's just not NFL head coaching material. Wasn't he also a flop in a couple of previous roles as offensive coordinator in the NFL in the past? Continuing with him (and Tucker) is just going to make the team worse. The experiment has been a failure; time to move on.

JoN gruden is quoted in "Americas Game" on NFL network as saying he knew what the Raiders would run before they ran it because it was his offense- shows you how much trestman never deviated- I am speaking on Raiders TB superbowl-

Gruden built the team and was then traded to T- Trestman was the raiders OC in that superbowl I think

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

JoN gruden is quoted in "Americas Game" on NFL network as saying he knew what the Raiders would run before they ran it because it was his offense- shows you how much trestman never deviated- I am speaking on Raiders TB superbowl-

Gruden built the team and was then traded to T- Trestman was the raiders OC in that superbowl I think

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
1. cost us the play-offs last year with two stupid, stupid decisions (playing injured jay against detroit, 2nd down 47 yard field goal vs. min.)

2. consistent terrible clock management.

3. supposed offensive guru who's offense has declined.

4. mel tucker is still here.

5. this is more subjective, but seems to lack the presence of a head coach.

6. seemingly no accountability from coaches to players. same mistakes seem to be made from week one last year to today.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
You mean aside from his hair of course? Because that is perfectly normal.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think "gangrenous" is what you were looking for? :dunno:

One time on a bathroom wall at Augustana College there was a list of alternative names for vajayjays. Hatchet wound was one. So leprous could apply in addition to gangrenous.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
One time on a bathroom wall at Augustana College there was a list of alternative names for vajayjays. Hatchet wound was one. So leprous could apply in addition to gangrenous.

New one for me. :hi5: