Chicago Bears GM Phil Emery Visits Florida State's Practice

cobra302

Liked Posts:
No thanks on Winston. Odds are he'll be in prison within a couple years. How can somebody that is facing the prospect of making millions of dollars if they just keep their nose clean pull the sort of crap that he has--repeatedly, no less? What an idiot. The Bears don't need more problems.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No thanks on Winston. Odds are he'll be in prison within a couple years. How can somebody that is facing the prospect of making millions of dollars if they just keep their nose clean pull the sort of crap that he has--repeatedly, no less? What an idiot. The Bears don't need more problems.

#MariotaWillSaveUs

#TheGibberHasSpoken

Choisauce

Liked Posts:
Pretty sure winston isn't a focused target for Emery.

Emery will get smoked by chicago if he drafts a QB first round when defensive needs should still be priority #1 given the Bear's current cap/team issues.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Didn't Winston get caught point shaving or something?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Probably fishing for Fisher.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Different NFL, 2 go routes and a circle route to a back and simple protections aren't going to get it down like it did in 1983.

Sweet spot seems to be just under 30 to 38.

There is actually SOME evidence that too high isn't good for a football player, and I can sort of see that tbh.

Colin Kaepernick - 38
Matt Stafford - 38
Andrew Luck - 37
Tony Romo - 37
Sam Bradford - 36

Aaron Rodgers - 35
Ryan Tannehill - 34
Tom Brady - 33
Matt Ryan - 32
Matt Schaub - 31
Phillip Rivers - 30
Andy Dalton - 29
Nick Foles - 29
Drew Brees - 28
Kevin Kolb/ EJ Manuel - 28
Peyton Manning - 28
Mark Sanchez - 28
Russell Wilson - 28

LMAO...Marino would dominate, especially with the weak ass DB rules

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
If Emery drafts Winston, I will lose it. I'd rather draft an order of french fries.

Don't sleep on Fries....

Pros: Crispy outer layer with a soft middle. Just the right amount of salt. Great compliment to a burger.

Cons: Greasy, will make noise if not focused on like the burger. Nothing speculator about it, just does it's job.

Outlook: Sleeper pick in the 3rd....

BEARS

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Phil%20Emery.jpg

jameis-winston.jpg

Go Jameis go.

Cobb, this is one area where I COMPLETELY disagree with you (if you are for it).

I want the Bears to stay FAR away from this dude. It's one thing to to be an immature college kid. He made some dumb mistakes. The point is to LEARN from those mistakes. He seems completely incapable of that. He seems totally oblivious to things going on around him....

BEARS

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Didn't Winston get caught point shaving or something?

Highly suspected. further indicating he has no intelligence. To win a $5000 bet for his high school buddy, he tanked the first half against Louisville, throwing two interceptions and putting up worst numbers of career. If caught, he will not only lose millions in draft status, but its possible he never gets a single NFL contract, which even a minimum for 1 year is life changing. He couldn't be more stupid.

That story disappeared quickly, however, I think it could resurface.

Emery is taking a look at the top 3 pick talent that might fall to him anywhere in first round, maybe second, as well as the defense. Any team that has won this many in a row deserves a deeper look.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
I think stuff like this disappears quite fast for a reason.

Because there is more truth to it. If the team and perhaps Winstons agent, can keep this from gaining speed, they could salvage his chances as a high pick.

He sounds like a complete and utter moron. Wouldn't doubt it for a minute that it's true. Why else would it be made up,ya know?

Also makes me start to worry about the integrity of the game since sites like FanDuel and draftkings are becoming huge.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Winston > Cutler

Winston is the #1 QB in the draft, period. The QB guru has spoken. Emery was there first and foremost to watch Winston live at practice. Anyone who thinks differently is a rere.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Winston > Cutler

Winston is the #1 QB in the draft, period. The QB guru has spoken. Emery was there first and foremost to watch Winston live at practice. Anyone who thinks differently is a rere.

Yeah....but I prefer Mariotta for the way the NFL game is going. I'll take the mobility because its impossible to guard WR's much longer than 2 seconds under new rules. Players that can buy time with their feet have higher potential right now, and things are coming easier. Winston has a great arm, I forces that ball in there and in college he appears unstoppable....but he will need intelligence at the next level, and I don't know if he has both talent and intelligence. I would stay away until the second round personally and I think most NFL GM's will as well. he could be the best player that goes undrafted ever. its possible...if he is even allowed in the draft.

I would take Mariotta 100 times out of 100 and not question myself. But Winston is my #2 QB if I throw out his personality, intelligence, and fear of next level interceptions.

Just like when Emery scouted Sutton, and found Carey, Long, and Ross....Emery is just a scout and likes being there. He will be thourough to a fault and check out everyone, to suggest Emery who clearly would not waste his time focused singularly on one player, is looking through binoculars to one point on the field is false.

RisWell

Liked Posts:
If we draft a QB in the 1st he has a chance to be a legit superstar from day 1 in this offense.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Maybe it's an attempt at soliciting the pick... Drawing attention to that player and raising the value of his stock...

If he's available when we are drafting someone might wanna move up...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Winston > Cutler

will he wear #5 or #6 in Chicago hmmm

B2bl7BnCQAAuEDX.jpg:large

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
I think he was there to scout Karlos Williams, Rashad Greene, Nick O'Leary, Cameron Erving, Mario Edwards, P.J. Williams, and Ronald Darby.
Exactly! Don't know why some here think Emery is scouting Winston. Especially after extending Jay earlier this year. He was looking for defense considering the Bears have one of the WORST defenses in the league. Make sense.