Chicago Bears GM Phil Emery Visits Florida State's Practice

FL Bear Fan

Liked Posts:
Chicago Bears GM Phil Emery Visits Florida State's Practice
by Jordan Campbell 12h ago

With Tuesday being an off day at Halas Hall, Bears’ general manager Phil Emery traveled to Florida State University to watch their football team’s practice.

Now, of course, the top NFL draft prospect on the Florida State football team is quarterback Jameis Winston.Winston has certainly been a distraction off the field for Florida State, but on the field, Winston has an incredible way of blocking out the distractions and showing that he is among the best quarterbacks in college football. According to some mock drafts, Winston could be the only Florida State football player drafted in the first round of the NFL draft.

Though, Florida State also has a number of defensive prospects that could draw the attention of Emery and the Bears.

cobbland

Liked Posts:
Phil%20Emery.jpg

jameis-winston.jpg

Go Jameis go.

Reactions: 1ke

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I go to FSU, I should have stopped by and asked him how Lance's BBQ is..

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Winston probably wouldn't be my first choice, if simply due to his immaturity, but I wouldn't be surprised if he makes for a more consistent NFL QB than Jay Cutler. Though the amount of INTs he's throw this year is a bit alarming. But at the same time he's also shown the ability to overcome mistakes rather than folding.

In the end, if we go QB early I would prefer Mariota, but my top pick would be Cook if he declares.

Anyway, the fact that Emery seems to be out scouting suggests that he knows he'll be around next season.

Reactions: 1ke

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Winston probably wouldn't be my first choice, if simply due to his immaturity, but I wouldn't be surprised if he makes for a more consistent NFL QB than Jay Cutler. Though the amount of INTs he's throw this year is a bit alarming. But at the same time he's also shown the ability to overcome mistakes rather than folding.

In the end, if we go QB early I would prefer Mariota, but my top pick would be Cook if he declares.

That's the big thing, the guy just knows how to win.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If his wonderlic is over 30, i'll vote straight GOP for the rest of my life.....

That is quite a sacrifice for anyone who can read and isn't a billionaire.

Ask Marino about the Wonderlic

optimus prime

Liked Posts:
i feel he is going to be the next byron leftwich, a team tries to make him a starter because he was a high draft pick but in the end he is just a decent backup

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
Ask Marino about the Wonderlic

Different NFL, 2 go routes and a circle route to a back and simple protections aren't going to get it down like it did in 1983.

Sweet spot seems to be just under 30 to 38.

There is actually SOME evidence that too high isn't good for a football player, and I can sort of see that tbh.

Colin Kaepernick - 38
Matt Stafford - 38
Andrew Luck - 37
Tony Romo - 37
Sam Bradford - 36

Aaron Rodgers - 35
Ryan Tannehill - 34
Tom Brady - 33
Matt Ryan - 32
Matt Schaub - 31
Phillip Rivers - 30
Andy Dalton - 29
Nick Foles - 29
Drew Brees - 28
Kevin Kolb/ EJ Manuel - 28
Peyton Manning - 28
Mark Sanchez - 28
Russell Wilson - 28

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
They have a ton of talent on that team not just QB. they have a good WR, OT, both CBs and 2 DLineman

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Calm down about Winston, there's no way in hell Virginia would allow the. Bears to draft him. Christ she's offended by the idea of cheer leaders you honestly believe she would allow the Bears to draft an accused rapist?

Liked Posts:
DO NOT WANT!!!!!

<insert silly GIF here>

Speak for yourself! I do. Crab legs & public outbursts & all, that kid is going to end up being something the Bears have lacked & have needed for a number of years now, a good young cost controlled franchise QB. I'd do backflips if Emery ended up using the first pick in the draft on Winston.