More Phil Emery incompetence

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Doing nothing

Atlanta radio stations are already talking about salary cap savings for next off- season, and after roddy white and Osi, The next guy they talk about dumping is always Hester.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
SOS. Only two episodes left....sucks.

SOA* But yes, it does suck. I'll never understand how this show didn't get the ratings Breaking Bad got. It's much much better...

Last edited:

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
Isn't this the reason we have Senorise Perry on the roster?

So we have to cut Dixon because nobody on this team can fair catch a punt or take a knee in the end zone? Not that Dixon is a good player or anything but isn't Emery all about having shitty players on the team to develop through special teams?

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Atlanta radio stations are already talking about salary cap savings for next off- season, and after roddy white and Osi, The next guy they talk about dumping is always Hester.

Oh I know. Throw in Jackson as well. It amuses me that people thought Hester would return to form just because he left here.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Oh I know. Throw in Jackson as well. It amuses me that people thought Hester would return to form just because he left here.

Chicago is the place kick returners come to die. I blame Emery.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I do too. I don't worry about things like that - 99.9% chance it's not.
Biff threads are always worth reading for the lol's. Stop using the ignore feature. 'Tis ghey.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Mariani is yet another example of Emery's incompetence as a GM. Forget the last 12 weeks of madness, Chris Williams gets injured again versus the Vikings and there is no backup on the roster so he had to go out and sign a guy in the middle of the week off the street.

No backup punt returner on the roster after Holmes gets cut so the Bears had to throw Williams out there to field punts something he hasn't done since 2012. Williams is injured so the Bears shift to Mariani who hasn't played since the 2011 season.

So Emery has this idea of being versatile with the players on his roster and yet where are the returners?

Who gives a shit? Nobody on the special teams can block. Put a fuckin' lineman out there and fair catch. It isn't like we can actually expect a punt return to go forward.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

Steven Jackson is a killer. His team lost all the time in St. Louis, and their record got (slightly) better when he left. Atlanta's got worse. Now of course there are many other factors, and it isn't one man's doing. But for all the talk in St. Louis of poor Steven Jackson, he is so good, but his team is so bad....he sucks. Plain and simple.

Trump32

Liked Posts:
Incompetence due to not having a starting caliber backup punt returner? Maybe you mean incontinence? That is what your post reminds me most of.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
themez and variationz on the same thing: I am a fan of a bad team and will be verbose about it

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Incompetence due to not having a starting caliber backup punt returner? Maybe you mean incontinence? That is what your post reminds me most of.

No wrong assumption and I'd like to thank you and those that think like you for missing the first for the trees. The job of a GM is personnel management and Emery is not doing a very good job of it.

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
Yep, these guys off the street are getting the job done just fine.

Who have we signed off the street? And who have you expected to do anything more than any other player signed off the street?

Stupid ass thread.

Kekua Zombie

Liked Posts:
Mariani is yet another example of Emery's incompetence as a GM. Forget the last 12 weeks of madness, Chris Williams gets injured again versus the Vikings and there is no backup on the roster so he had to go out and sign a guy in the middle of the week off the street.

No backup punt returner on the roster after Holmes gets cut so the Bears had to throw Williams out there to field punts something he hasn't done since 2012. Williams is injured so the Bears shift to Mariani who hasn't played since the 2011 season.

So Emery has this idea of being versatile with the players on his roster and yet where are the returners?

More BearsFan51 incompetence.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's not who he signed it's the fact he didn't have another option on the roster this late in the season. At one point under Angelo and Lovie the Bears had Hester, Danieal Manning, and if need be Bernard Berrian Earl Bennett or Rashied Davis to pick up the return slack. There was depth at the position no not all of them were Hester but he didn't have to sign a guy off the street.

There should be someone on the roster that has the ability to step in if necessary. Someone that's been practicing with the team each week throughout the season, someone you know for certain is in football shape and knows the team workout/study routines. someone that's been in the film room with DeCammelis someone that knows tendencies of the blockers etc.

Look at all that returner depth! Too bad none of them could play WR. JA was very good at prioritizing rofl