More Phil Emery incompetence

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
Perry, Willams, Holmes and Ross all signed off the street.

senoirse perry is an UDFA rookie, Chris Williams was signed off the Saints PS at the end of last year, Santonio Holmes was a FA brought in during training camp, and did Ross even play?

You named maybe one guy who was brought in off the street in Ross and he didn't even play.

Another epic fail by JDB. Not surprising though I guess.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Who's trying to be funny? I fear your sense of humor needs a tune-up along with your television critique. Suggesting that Soa is better than breaking bad is hilarious though, so good show.
:dontcare:

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
Hiring Trestman

Hiring Trestman can't be seen as a failure yet. He looked like a great hire last year when the offense was top five.

Hiring Tucker

This is shared between Emery and Trestman

Drafting Shea

Yes

Signing Jared Allen

Let's see how the rest of the season plays out

Cutler's Contract

Cutler's contract is extremely team friendly and something you had to do considering there was no better option. He's essentially guaranteed one more year with the Bears because of his cap hit. After 2015, he can be cut with little effect on the cap. Not a bad contract in the least bit.

Over paying Lamaar Houston

Really? Come on Windy. Houston wasn't getting sacks but he was playing very well as a DE. Also, he got what the market established he should get.

Not cutting Lance

I've been as critical as anyone of Brigg's attitude and play this year but why would you cut him after last year? He wasn't playing poorly last year before getting hurt and he was supposed to be the leader of your D. Seems like you are using a bit of hindsight here.

Moving Shea to LB

He had to try and get something out of him. If you're criticizing him for drafting him you can't criticize him for trying to get something out of him. It's better than continuing to force him to play DE where he can't play.

Drafting Brandon Hardin

Ok

Not addressing the S position

You may have already responded to a comment like this but Emery has certainly attempted to address the S position.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
senoirse perry is an UDFA rookie, Chris Williams was signed off the Saints PS at the end of last year, Santonio Holmes was a FA brought in during training camp, and did Ross even play?

You named maybe one guy who was brought in off the street in Ross and he didn't even play.

Another epic fail by JDB. Not surprising though I guess.

You really don't watch the games do you? At least check a box score...

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
It's funny how this group of assclowns are insinuating that I'm stating one move will decide Emery's fate when the topic clearly says MORE as I yet another, as in on top of all the other fuck ups in Emery's tenure. If you add up the checks FOR and the checks AGAINST Emery the check marks in the AGAINST column are starting to have an impact.

To try and insinuate that I inferred one singular move like this is going to doom Emery is a straw man argument to try to continue and defend this debacle.

Speaking of safeties, remember signing. Justin Tryon for the week-17 game against the Vikings in 2012. Playoffs on the line try outs on Tuesday game the following Sunday Tryon signed off the street because of no other options.

Signing a DT off the street last year because they ran with four and then three DTs on the roster while trying to convert Corey Wootton to a DT.

There's a pattern of failure here, Mariani is just one more example.

Fuck, you guys are morons.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

For once I agree with you. If he checked all the box scores, he would be qualified enough to be a GM in this league.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
It's funny how this group of assclowns are insinuating that I'm stating one move will decide Emery's fate when the topic clearly says MORE as I yet another, as in on top of all the other fuck ups in Emery's tenure. If you add up the checks FOR and the checks AGAINST Emery the check marks in the AGAINST column are starting to have an impact.

Didn't have a backup kick returner: Check.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
*drops mic, goes to get allowance from wife

2548180-drop_the_mic_17cherrylane.gif

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Of course it is hindsight, but that is how we are all judged, by how our decisions work out.

The point was Emery has made mistakes, many of the decisions I was cook with when they happened, but they turned into mistakes. Why we would try and add backup KR is beyond me.

When we are ripping Trestman and Emery lets do it with things that are realistic to rip them for.

Cutler would have made less this season on the franchise tag and would have given the Bears 100% flexibility. Instead, the Bears are talking about benching a QB that has 2 more guaranteed years left.

Also he did address the safety position, but not enough, as the unit is still bad. I was okay with his moves, but Mundy has been beyond unspectacular and Conte has not been good. In hindsight, which is how decisions are judged, he needed to replace Conte.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
SOA is okay, but it's not on the level of breaking bad. There were a few SOA seasons that were really boring.

Sent from my bathroom using toilet talk.

It's because most shows these days are all filler to keep throwing out more seasons. Breaking bad was great cause every episode mattered, except the fly episode..... All these other shows go on for a few seasons too many just to squeeze the last $. Like dexter. That fucking disaster could have ended three seasons before the actual last especially with that shit ending

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
because sons of anarchy is realistic and not far fetched? they kill people everyday in the dumbest fashion and are still out free.

SOA is awesomely realistic. Takes place in a town with multiple high powered gangs and apparently 2 police officers.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Cutler would have made less this season on the franchise tag and would have given the Bears 100% flexibility. Instead, the Bears are talking about benching a QB that has 2 more guaranteed years left.
The idea that Emery erred in not just franchising JC is a bit short sighted. The signing was structured in a way that allows a trade with little residual effect on the Bears cap, and before the modification to add space for another player contract a trade would have had a zero cap hit this next year. There has already been mention that there will be ample interest in Cutler, if he is made available.

So in essence he is playing on what amounts to the franchise with a team option for up to 6 more years and a team option to get at least moderate to maybe very good value if traded.
If they had franchised him and the Bears were 6-4 and made a late season push,hell, if by some miracle they pshed to 9-7 or 10-6 there would be much handwringing about his pending free agency.

The Bears seem to be in a no lose situation with his contract, as it was structured.

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:

So any other "off the street guys" that weren't "off the street guys" that you want to pin on Emery with your vastly superior GM knowledge?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The idea that Emery erred in not just franchising JC is a bit short sighted. The signing was structured in a way that allows a trade with little residual effect on the Bears cap, and before the modification to add space for another player contract a trade would have had a zero cap hit this next year. There has already been mention that there will be ample interest in Cutler, if he is made available.

So in essence he is playing on what amounts to the franchise with a team option for up to 6 more years and a team option to get at least moderate to maybe very good value if traded.
If they had franchised him and the Bears were 6-4 and made a late season push,hell, if by some miracle they pshed to 9-7 or 10-6 there would be much handwringing about his pending free agency.

The Bears seem to be in a no lose situation with his contract, as it was structured.

If they can trade him. But even if they trade him they will pay Cutler 32 million for playing 1 season.

If they cannot trade him then they are stuck.

It is a nice contract if he is kept, or kind of if he is traded.

For the record I had no problem with the contract, because I thought Cutler would play better in the system. I did not think week 10 that we would be talking abou him being benched.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
But its not 32mil for one season. ffs cmon.

Cutler's contract could be seen as a huge advantage for a shit team with a lot of cap. The whole thing is front loaded. After the first year, he is cheap as fuck.

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
Windy stop wasting your fingers trying to make the idiots on here grasp concepts. Not knowing that you have one single option besides Williams speaks volumes about how bad the whole Bears organization is when it comes to developing any talent or knowing what they have on their roster. Besides, this mess of a team would be better off not having anyone out there on punts or kickoffs, they would be farther ahead when it comes to field position.

Emery wants to be like the team up north, how stupid is that shit. Why not be the best team you can be by putting the best players out on the field, by finding a REAL NFL HEAD COACH. You think the Packers just said one day, "hey lets be like New England" and then they went out and found the recipe that New England used to be what they are today? Hell no!! They went out and got a real GM, a real NFL coach, who then hired real NFL assistant coaches.

Hey George, you want to be like the guys up north?? Then offer Thompson a billion dollar contract, offer McCarthy a billion dollar contract, offer Rogers a billion dollar contract. If you are not willing to do that then shut the fuck up about being like the guys "up north".

This whole organization sucks from head to toe. Fucking losers.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
But its not 32mil for one season. ffs cmon.

Cutler's contract could be seen as a huge advantage for a shit team with a lot of cap. The whole thing is front loaded. After the first year, he is cheap as fuck.

Been saying this for a while but it doesn't matter. Windy has already gone full meatball sadly. Even after this year it isn't a huge risk cutting Cutler

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Windy stop wasting your fingers trying to make the idiots on here grasp concepts..

Windy doesn't seem to understand the basics of salary cap right now but thank god you are here to back him up joe

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Only if another team is willing to take on that guaranteed salary but I tend to agree.