More Phil Emery incompetence

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mariani looked ridiculous out there. But then, what could I expect from a guy that came in off the street (he was off the street, wasn't he, guys?...).

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
Mariani looked ridiculous out there. But then, what could I expect from a guy that came in off the street (he was off the street, wasn't he, guys?...).

If by ridiculous you mean "average at worst" then yes I agree. The only bad return he had was when Rosario kicked the ball then tried to lateral it back to him.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Don't fuck with the windy city peckerwood

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
DingFriesAreDone.jpg

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The young guys played well today.

The coaches have to get these guys reps.

Washington, Bass, Sutton and Ferguson all made noticeable plays, and Paea looked fresh through out the game.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:

Washington, Bass, Sutton and Ferguson all made noticeable plays, and Paea looked fresh through out the game.

You mean we still have issues on the back seven?

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Paea's only problem has been availability IMO.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Emery has made. 1 huge mistake: Tretman.

Everything else seems like the normal ebbs and flows of being a GM.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Extending Jay Cutler for 7yrs at 120mil?

Most GMs would have done it.
Had no other option at QB, still don't.
Deal has wiggle room.

Based on now Cutler has played franchising him would have been a better financial decision, but Cutler will be a Bear in 2015 even on the franchise tag, they have no one else.

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
Most GMs would have done it.
Had no other option at QB, still don't.
Deal has wiggle room.

Based on now Cutler has played franchising him would have been a better financial decision, but Cutler will be a Bear in 2015 even on the franchise tag, they have no one else.
I think MOST gm's wouldnt have extended him 7 years, because he hasnt proven much at all. Many would have franchised him or if they did extend him it would have been more like 3 or 4years tops but 7? I dont think so. I don't believe many would.

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
I think MOST gm's wouldnt have extended him 7 years, because he hasnt proven much at all. Many would have franchised him or if they did extend him it would have been more like 3 or 4years tops but 7? I dont think so. I don't believe many would.

Do you honestly think the Bears are stuck with Cutler for 7 years?

The contract could have been for 30 years.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

I dont get why people actually believe that. I honestly thought the posters here weren't that stupid over over-dramatic.
I guess I was wrong.

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:

Thats not what im saying. I never said anything about being stuck. There was no point on siginning him for 7yrs 120mil. They overpaid for someone who they thought was gonna give them a elite passing offense.

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
I dont get why people actually believe that. I honestly thought the posters here weren't that stupid over over-dramatic.
I guess I was wrong.
Stupid and beyond. A year ago half the people on these boards here were calling Josh McCown a elite quarterback. That there shouldve proved ya the stupid over over-dramatic.;)

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Yes, those stupid Dolphins gave us Brandon Marshall and look at how they fell apart. Same thing happened to the Broncos when they gave us Jay Cutler. Remember how that trade was going to be ruination of the Denver Broncos, lol.

LOL, yeah, Miami was so awesome when they let Marshall go. They didn't throw a shit load of money at another WR or anything they were in such great position. Maybe their success has more to do with getting rid of Incognito. And Denver? It took a once in a lifetime chance for them to recover. They weren't looking so hot prior to Manning. Let's not overstate the situations of those teams, especially Miami's.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
SOA* But yes, it does suck. I'll never understand how this show didn't get the ratings Breaking Bad got. It's much much better...

Hahaha SOS. Definitely one of the best shows i've ever watched and right up there with BB.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Fuckin Emery incompetence! Fuckin guys like Sutton and Bass and Washington and Hurst and Jones and Bostic and Mariani not doin shit today!!!!

This guy can't GM for shit unlike us guys on a message board!!! Fire them all!!!

These are all marginal talent guys that made a few flashes against a horrible football team. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

None of the players you site are difference makers. Difference makers don't drop two interceptions (one in the end zone). They are just guys. Guys who have played like shit against better quality teams. Guys who played well yesterday against a terrible team that made horrific mistakes.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Andy Dalton
Colin Kaeprnick
Alex Smith
Matt Stafford
Matt Ryan

All guys who have done little and been paid big.