Jay Gruden as OC?

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
With it looking like Jay Gruden's chances of losing his job increases every week, should the Bears hire him as offensive coordinator?

First off, in order for this to happen, the Bears would have to keep Trestman for next year but fire the rest of the coaching staff and start from scratch.

You might ask, why would the Bears add a guy who's been awful at Washington?

Well, we aren't looking at his success at Washington but at Cincinnati. In his tenure in Cincinnati, the Bengals averaged 10 wins a season, making three consecutive playoff appearances and earning an AFC North championship in 2013.

Second, both he and Trestman are west coast offense gurus which would work well together.

Finally, the main reason in hiring him is tom spark the Bears offense back to the playoffs.

Thoughts? Opinions?

malcore

tumblr_mjczlm9IZ51s3cjyjo5_r2_250.gif

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
With it looking like Jay Gruden's chances of losing his job increases every week, should the Bears hire him as offensive coordinator?

First off, in order for this to happen, the Bears would have to keep Trestman for next year but fire the rest of the coaching staff and start from scratch.

You might ask, why would the Bears add a guy who's been awful at Washington?

Well, we aren't looking at his success at Washington but at Cincinnati. In his tenure in Cincinnati, the Bengals averaged 10 wins a season, making three consecutive playoff appearances and earning an AFC North championship in 2013.

Second, both he and Trestman are west coast offense gurus which would work well together.

Finally, the main reason in hiring him is tom spark the Bears offense back to the playoffs.

Thoughts? Opinions?

YOU are forgetting 1 small detail........they(Cincinnati) were always 1 and out in the playoffs. They were at their worst in the playoffs. Plus, I don't like the way he went to the media, LIKE A LITTLE BITCH, with the way he handled RG's situation. A cool, under control HC would've keep that crap "IN-HOUSE".

He's not very smart. So no, I wouldn't want him here.

We'll just keep the idiots we have. Plus, he's not gonna get fired unless he has another , seriously, loosing, non-progressive , season

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
If Trestman is not calling plays he has NO value to this team.

I haven't ruled out a Trestman giving up playcalling duties to Kromer to "better coach" the entire team and not be so focused on Offense as a stitch we'll see for him being retained.

I'm thinking RGIII is more likely to be sent away before Jay Gruden is fired after one season... but I've not listened to every report going on in that season... it also would make no sense to add him if you were keeping Trestman.

The "for this to happen" to me would be only if you fire Trestman and hire a guy who happens to pick out Jay Gruden as his OC.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Not only is the bitching about the lack of runs ridiculous in and of itself(as if that's the problem), but Forte is on pace for a career high in attempts per game.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Jesus Christ, do fucking people think before they post?????? Our head coach is the play caller. Are we gonna get a new OC to look cool on the sidelines???? Smdh...

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There must be an OC out there is this world who can make Jay Cutler play to his potential. How about his father?

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jon Gruden... What the hell, can we find any more ex has bins to consider for a position not yet vacated? Have you really listened to Jon??? Every QB that goes through his camp is the next greatest NFL QB, yet time and time and time again they fail miserably.

GalePayton

Liked Posts:
The OP join date is 2013.

I've seen him start a few of the dumbest threads on this board. How in the hell is he still a member of this board?

Mitchapalooza

I should make a thread about revoking dreadpirateroberts thread starting abilities.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Jon Gruden... What the hell, can we find any more ex has bins to consider for a position not yet vacated? Have you really listened to Jon??? Every QB that goes through his camp is the next greatest NFL QB, yet time and time and time again they fail miserably.

1. WTF is a has bin?
2. Nobody is talking about Jon Gruden except you.

HAVOCONE

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
All I know is, if we woulda got arians, he woulda brought Tom Moore along. this topic would be unheard of. There, now I feel better lol

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sucks to be a Bears fan. Don't care will still watch.