Thanksgiving IGT: Week 13 Chicago Bears (5-6) @ Detroit Lions (7-4) CDT 11:30AM CBS

Who wins?

• Total voters

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This team is a joke.

How Trestman and Tucker keep their jobs is beyond me.

Repeated National TV ass kickings.

Baredown3rdplace

Liked Posts:
Regardless, He won't bring them to anywhere near a superbowl. Detroit is in salary cap hell next year with big decisions to make with their defensive line, Calvin Johnson, Bush. They still need to revamp their offensive line and secondary. I'd still be surprised if they win a game in the playoffs let alone make it

Actually this year was their cap hell, next year they finally get a lot of relief for the cap...

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is there a thread for the Thursday Night Battle of the Douchebag Coaches?

Liked Posts:
Cutlers long ball has gotten pretty bad...The only passes that work are screens and short dump offs

I'm baffled at how bad jay's deep ball has gotten. He always is very off target and never comes close to giving the receiver a shot at catching the ball. The more talent around jay, the more he underperforms. Jay cutler passing to knox, bennett, and olsen showed elite qualities. Now he looks like a backup coming with minimal first team reps. I don't get it. Lovie had Jay in check. Take the talent away and he is forced to be smart with the ball while using his feet. Jays worst qbr of his career is this year

Sent from my LG-C800 using Tapatalk 2

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Actually this year was their cap hell, next year they finally get a lot of relief for the cap...

yes, minus the talent. Suh, Johnson, Bush all could be likely gone. Fairley as well.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
yes, minus the talent. Suh, Johnson, Bush all could be likely gone. Fairley as well.

Johnson is wrapped up for life......not sure where you came up with that.

Bush? I expect him to re-sign, but not a great loss if he doesn't. Great talent but spends as much time injured as he does playing. Riddick can fill his shoes.

Suh, gone, I heard rumors Chicago might be considering backing up the Brinks truck to land him?

Fairley will most likely be resigned, he was having a carreer year, but his injury will have hurt his value.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Johnson is wrapped up for life......not sure where you came up with that.

Bush? I expect him to re-sign, but not a great loss if he doesn't. Great talent but spends as much time injured as he does playing. Riddick can fill his shoes

Suh, gone, I heard rumors Chicago might be considering backing up the Brinks truck to land him?

Fairley will most likely be resigned, he was having a carreer year, but his injury will have hurt his value.

Bell and Riddick! Bush will hardly be missed.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Regardless, He won't bring them to anywhere near a superbowl. Detroit is in salary cap hell next year with big decisions to make with their defensive line, Calvin Johnson, Bush. They still need to revamp their offensive line and secondary. I'd still be surprised if they win a game in the playoffs let alone make it

I always love this type of talk this time of year. Without fail every season when the Bears fall out of the playoff race every other team in the NFC North next season is facing some sort of salary cap hell(Packers after the last six seasons, now Detroit etc) and the Bears just need to wait for Rome to fall so to speak to win the NFC North. So the Bears winning the division isn't so much about their team and their abilities but about the hope of the other teams imploding and the Bears being the team decent enough to fill the power vacuum. That line of thinking doesn't even mean the Bears will be good....just "opportunistic".

Baredown3rdplace

Liked Posts:

This is old now but I just happened to stumble across this...

Bush sucks. Why would they care if he leaves/retires? I think they would send him off and be happy having all the extra cap space. For what they pay Bush, they could pick up a free agent that gives them way more production.

Johnson, as in Calvin Johnson? Why would they get rid of him.. that makes no sense. He is under contract for 5 more years anyways and the dead money would be insane. Thats if they even wanted to get rid of him, which obviously they don't. His cap goes up some, but every teams cap is going up significantly. There are rumors it is going up much more than expected too.

I honestly doubt they will let Suh go. They will just pay him 1 dollar more than McCoy so he can be the highest paid DT, and they'll easily be able to afford it and it would be well worth it for then. Despite all the injuries they've had on defense it continues to be the best D in the league when it comes to points allowed. Suh can play 90% of snaps which is insane, he never takes plays off, is never injured, and is elite defending the run and rushing the passer despite constant double teams. I'd love to have him here.

Fairley they could just give him the franchise tag.

The Lions have a lot of old vets make way to much money, guys they had to pay a lot to get go there after 2008. Guys like Tulloch are making a fortune yet can be kicked worry free without taking a dead money hit. They have a bunch of guys like that, but are backups now or on IR they don't need and won't create holes that are hard to fill.

Point is, their foundation is set especially if they sign Suh. Their LB Levy is the best 4-3 in the league even, with a insane 91 solo tackles, which leads the entire NFL. I see them only getting better, though next year could be a slight down year for them. We need to get our shit together, keeping these same Special person coaches in place will be akin to suicide because of the division we are in.