Yoenis Cespedes

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Since the Bosox are planning on using Ramirez in LF
would the cubs be interested in cespedes depending on price of players and or extension..

Id see what they would want for him, and depending on if they get extension would determine what id give up..

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't mind him if we don't go crazy on him.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not a real fan of him... outside of the derby of course.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Not sure why they would want a guy that Boston said was part of the future, and now all of a sudden isn't. If he was part of it, they wouldn't be shopping him IMO.

Something smells in this one, and I don't know if rumors are true or not about him having a little bit of an attitude.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
one ehhh year in a stadium that isnt power friendly. put him in the NL in Wrigley and he would be much better.

Sent from My 1998 Palm Pilot Using Tapatalk

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
one ehhh year in a stadium that isnt power friendly. put him in the NL in Wrigley and he would be much better.

Average OF and you know it. Ill give him a tick higher but not much else. Billy Bean dosnt let him go if he is a core piece.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Talk is Pads could swap Ian Kennedy even for him. They are both owed 10.3-10.5 mil range and both have 1 year of control left. That is the most likely scenario.

Cubs have little need for him. What they need is pitching and their trade depth is MI. They could get by with a platoon partner for Coghland next year as he was not a team problem as Wood and Jackson were.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Talk is Pads could swap Ian Kennedy even for him. They are both owed 10.3-10.5 mil range and both have 1 year of control left. That is the most likely scenario.

Cubs have little need for him. What they need is pitching and their trade depth is MI. They could get by with a platoon partner for Coghland next year as he was not a team problem as Wood and Jackson were.

That would make sense.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Average OF and you know it. Ill give him a tick higher but not much else. Billy Bean dosnt let him go if he is a core piece.

yeah cus gms dont make mistakes.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
yeah cus gms dont make mistakes.

They do, but tell me when Billy Bean lets someone go and he doesnt make out? He is by far the best GM in baseball. He has no payroll and makes a team relevant every year. Even if you say that, tell me Cepedes isnt average? You know it.

cbfan

Liked Posts:
I don't want him. Average of that people think is a star

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This makes no sense. You want more dumpster players? This is why Cub fans are horrible to even talk baseball with. The Special person attitude that every prospect will be superstar and good quality players are a waste of time. Especially good defensive players. Damn Cardinals, huh?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
This makes no sense. You want more dumpster players? This is why Cub fans are horrible to even talk baseball with. The Special person attitude that every prospect will be superstar and good quality players are a waste of time. Especially good defensive players. Damn Cardinals, huh?

Great talk. I know I said I dont want any player and just want a prospect there. I know a guy with an OPS+ of 103 and 110 the past two screams really good player. I know the Cubs are surely going to need his .294 and .301 OBP the past two seasons when that is the teams biggest weakness. I also know the Cubs would miss his below league average range factor and overall not great defense. But, hey, he has an arm. That makes up for everything. I thank you for enlightening me. You are a top notch poster full of facts and knowledge.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:

The only thing that scares me off about Cespedes is his attitude. I hear he has an absolute dogshit attitude in Boston, and wasn't the greatest in Oakland either.

He's an all star, he's a darn good fielder, he's got a cannon, and he's not a bum at the plate, unlike many cubs these past three year.

What's the price tag to get him, and what's the price to extend him? Boston will want pitching, cubs have been busy ignoring top shelf talent pitching over the past 3 years and still the most promising guy in the farm system has major durability issues. Reclamation projects flipped and dumpster diving to find another team's trash. So far its worked in their favor for Arrieta. Not Travis Wood, not Jacob Turner.

Which is why I'm all about getting Lester, damn the costs as opposed to people who don't want to overspend; yet want one of the best free agents on the market.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Rather have Soler in RF, Alcantara in CF and a LH bat in LF. The Cubs are going into the season with Soler, Baez, Castillo and Castro from the right side. Rizzo, Valbuena and Coghland from the left side and Alcantara as a switch hitter. The team is stronger from the RH side right now and needs more balance from a LH bat.

To add to it when Bryant promotes it swings it even further over to the RH side. This team is going to lack LH impact bats fast.

Cespedes solves none of this and he is a 1 year rental. I would rather have them trade up for a power LH bat for left field as it makes more sense.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Rather have Soler in RF, Alcantara in CF and a LH bat in LF. The Cubs are going into the season with Soler, Baez, Castillo and Castro from the right side. Rizzo, Valbuena and Coghland from the left side and Alcantara as a switch hitter. The team is stronger from the RH side right now and needs more balance from a LH bat.

To add to it when Bryant promotes it swings it even further over to the RH side. This team is going to lack LH impact bats fast.

Cespedes solves none of this and he is a 1 year rental. I would rather have them trade up for a power LH bat for left field as it makes more sense.
All they need to do is sign melky cabrera and all their needs are solved...

Pepe Silvia

Where's my mail?
Liked Posts:
It kinda blows my mind that Cabrera is still two years younger than Markakis. Feels like he's been in the league forever. He would be a nice signing. Still not too old. Could see him batting 5th for us.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
It kinda blows my mind that Cabrera is still two years younger than Markakis. Feels like he's been in the league forever. He would be a nice signing. Still not too old. Could see him batting 5th for us.

This is my thing with Cabrera. He is going to get to much money and he cost a compensation pick. I would rather role with Coughlan right now with a righty backup to start against tough lefties. Cabrera bat is basically Castro's bat. He doesnt walk much. He doesnt have much power. He doesnt steal bases. He does put the ball in play a lot. I wouldnt be against him being signed, but he is going to go for his big pay day. I just dont see the need for him.