Rose should have sat out last night

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
My guess is that he was mildly injured last night and played anyway to appease the fanbase that was whining about him not playing.

I guess either way he can't win. When he plays hurt, he plays like crap and then gets crap for it. If he doesn't play, he gets crap. It doesn't matter what he does unless he's playing every game like he's MVP Rose...only then can he please everyone.

He created that himself by constantly pulling this "will he/won't he" crap and sitting out for both minor and debilitating injuries. I've had surgery on both of my ACLs in the past 7 years...you're never the same. Some guys get over the mental block of "I can push myself now", some never do. Rose appears to be in the latter category. He plays (or doesn't play) scared.

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
The same fans that are pissed at D.Rose are the same fans that boo'd Scottie Pippen in the 1993-94 season and continuted to boo after he addressed them for some reason, but he's sipping tea now

Nope. Derrick couldn't carry Scottie's jock. Maybe if Scottie had pouted for 2 1/2 continuous seasons I could see that.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
Could not agree more. I'm done with this clown. Trade him away for something or just retire already. He's a distraction at this point on a pretty good team. We get on a roll, then he sits, then he comes back, then he sits again, then he loafs on the floor, then he looks tentative, then he looks like his old self, then he loafs again, then he tweaks something, then he sits, then he might come back, then he doesn't, then he sits some more, then he plays 10 minutes, then he loafs again.....lather, rinse, repeat. I'm tired of it. Get lost already. Whatever fire he had is gone.

This has to be driving the workaholic Thibs insane.

And while I realize this one is going to be very unpopular, I have to preach patience...yeah I know.

Rose needs to man-up, and mature as a man...his life has been much too sheltered by his family who are more concerned with generational wealth than winning basketball games. His IQ being double digits is only adding to the issue.

Rose needs a mentor.

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
I love Rose and hope he gets back in form but even I have to admit it's starting to get under my skin. If this blows up on us we may need to look in a different direction.
Both Dragic and Rondo are FA at the end of the season. If I were serious about winning this year I would even make a trade for one of those two with Taj, MDJ or combo of both and a pick. I know every one hates Rondo but I would shove him Rose and Kirk in a room till they started holding hands and singing Kum Ba Ya.

czman

Liked Posts:
I want people to understand something. It is not the injuries, at least for me. It is not the missed games. It is complete lack of interest that he shows. I don't think he has played hard for 20 minutes this season so far.

Play hard or don't play. Anyone who defends loafing is just being silly, and anyone who thinks Rose is playing hard even half the time he has been on the court is kidding themselves.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I want people to understand something. It is not the injuries, at least for me. It is not the missed games. It is complete lack of interest that he shows. I don't think he has played hard for 20 minutes this season so far.

Play hard or don't play. Anyone who defends loafing is just being silly, and anyone who thinks Rose is playing hard even half the time he has been on the court is kidding themselves.

Yep. I think someone brought it up earlier. I am amazed at how soft these basketball players have become, not only Rose. Now they sit if they get a hangnail.

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:

Same here. It's the overall attitude of constantly saving yourself for something later and pussyfooting around....well, for what exactly? So you can continue to disrupt team chemistry in March & April by pulling this same shit? It's almost December and we haven't been able to count on him whatsoever after a 2 year layoff to get healthy, not to mention the tune up he got with Team USA. He showed up more for them than he's doing for the Bulls so far. I defended the hell out of this guy and preached patience, too, but I can only do that up to a point. Like I said, whatever edge he had is GONE. Mentally, he has shown he is unable to be a shadow of his former self coming back from these injuries. It happens. But, dammit, can't you act like you give a damn?

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:

I understand where you are coming from and agree in some sense, at least from what I saw in that Nuggets game. You could tell something wasn't right from the get go. He shouldn't have played that game. There was no need to rush him into a back to back game situation when he's coming back from injury. That was not a smart move on his or the organization's part. I know the fan's have been clamoring for it but to me, it didn't make much sense. I wasn't surprised at all that he didn't play the second half.

I feel he has played hard when he's been fully capable. The problem is that he's had injuries since the second game of the season. He hasn't really had the opportunity to play hard the majority of the time. I feel he's come back too early from two injuries now simply to appease the fan base, and is being crucified for it.

People need to stop holding him up next to Jordan. No one is Jordan. The guy is simply inhuman. He could play a 48 minute game, drink & gamble til 6 am, take a 2 hour nap, then go hard in practice, and play another 48 minutes the next night. Hell when he played on the Dream Team, he was the last to bed and the first to rise every day. His teammates couldn't understand how he could do it and they were all HOFers themselves.

DCguy

Liked Posts:

I see it as Rose just picking his spots. Guys are playing better and he doesn't have to force the action so much as he did in previous seasons.

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
I would much rather see him get completely healed, then play continuously for a period of weeks. Like I said before, though, some guys come back from knee injuries, some have it in the back of their mind that they don't ever want it to happen again, so they're afraid. Derrick looks to be the second one. I can't blame him, since I've been in the same situation, and it always weighs on your mind every time you leave your feet to go to the basket, but then again - I'm not making $20 million a year playing the game. Figure out if he's going to be OK going forward, and if your inkling is "no" as a GM, you have to let him go in a trade or something while the market for him is still decent. Let someone else take that chance and add some more pieces. I don't dislike Derrick; in fact I've got a Rose jersey t-shirt in my closet - I just don't want this franchise and fanbase held hostage hoping for something that's never going to come to fruition.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I would much rather see him get completely healed, then play continuously for a period of weeks. Like I said before, though, some guys come back from knee injuries, some have it in the back of their mind that they don't ever want it to happen again, so they're afraid. Derrick looks to be the second one. I can't blame him, since I've been in the same situation, and it always weighs on your mind every time you leave your feet to go to the basket, but then again - I'm not making $20 million a year playing the game. Figure out if he's going to be OK going forward, and if your inkling is "no" as a GM, you have to let him go in a trade or something while the market for him is still decent. Let someone else take that chance and add some more pieces. I don't dislike Derrick; in fact I've got a Rose jersey t-shirt in my closet - I just don't want this franchise and fanbase held hostage hoping for something that's never going to come to fruition.

The trouble is no one knows what "completely healed" is. to me, when the team doctor clears you to play, then you should have a right to consult another doctor but you should play if that doctor clears you. This shit about not being 100% is a bunch of crap. Coming back from an injury is tough. Getting bck into shape is tough. BUT.............. being sore is not n excuse for not playing and I think that this has been why he has not played. Anyone who has played at anykind of significant level has played when sore or hurt. But if a doctor diagnoses you as being okay to play then you are a pussy, PERIOD.

Diddy1122

Liked Posts:
The trouble is no one knows what "completely healed" is. to me, when the team doctor clears you to play, then you should have a right to consult another doctor but you should play if that doctor clears you. This shit about not being 100% is a bunch of crap. Coming back from an injury is tough. Getting bck into shape is tough. BUT.............. being sore is not n excuse for not playing and I think that this has been why he has not played. Anyone who has played at anykind of significant level has played when sore or hurt. But if a doctor diagnoses you as being okay to play then you are a pussy, PERIOD.

Don't ya think, just maybe, even if he doesn't admit it or says "he could care less", that he actually DOES care if the fans are behind him or not? Don't you think that spurred his decision to play early on injured ankles, causing him to miss more games, simply because he felt the fans were giving up on him? Or maybe he felt the pressure, warranted or not from his coach to play through injury, and tried to in the second game of a back to back when he clearly wasn't ready yet?

I've watched every game that Rose has played in his entire career and I will NEVER EVER call him a pussy, PERIOD. When he's on the court, 100% or not, he's ALWAYS giving the team as much as he can. People are looking at him not driving as much, or not being as aggressive, or blah blah blah, and saying that he's lost the love of the game. Did you people not hear him talk over the past few months about playing "smarter" and "picking my spots better"? He has more talent on this team then he's ever had in his career. We are in the top 3 in the East and easily could be #1 if not for a few bad possessions. All this WITH Rose missing almost half the games thus far. Just because he is playing smarter and looking more to involve the talented players around him, does not mean he's "loafing" around on the court. For all the people on here that have been screaming "We need to play like the Spurs" well what the hell do you think the Spurs do? They move the fucking ball. They play unselfishly. But no, everyone wants Rose to be a ball dominant force again. Make up your damn minds already people.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Don't ya think, just maybe, even if he doesn't admit it or says "he could care less", that he actually DOES care if the fans are behind him or not? Don't you think that spurred his decision to play early on injured ankles, causing him to miss more games, simply because he felt the fans were giving up on him? Or maybe he felt the pressure, warranted or not from his coach to play through injury, and tried to in the second game of a back to back when he clearly wasn't ready yet?

I've watched every game that Rose has played in his entire career and I will NEVER EVER call him a pussy, PERIOD. When he's on the court, 100% or not, he's ALWAYS giving the team as much as he can. People are looking at him not driving as much, or not being as aggressive, or blah blah blah, and saying that he's lost the love of the game. Did you people not hear him talk over the past few months about playing "smarter" and "picking my spots better"? He has more talent on this team then he's ever had in his career. We are in the top 3 in the East and easily could be #1 if not for a few bad possessions. All this WITH Rose missing almost half the games thus far. Just because he is playing smarter and looking more to involve the talented players around him, does not mean he's "loafing" around on the court. For all the people on here that have been screaming "We need to play like the Spurs" well what the hell do you think the Spurs do? They move the fucking ball. They play unselfishly. But no, everyone wants Rose to be a ball dominant force again. Make up your damn minds already people.

To me, it is this simple. If you are cleared to play, then play. That is what you are paid to do. Period. If he cannot do what he used to be able to do, that is okay with me. Accept it for what it is. But show up and play your best given your ability or limitations. And above it all, shut your pie hole about worrying about what you will be able to do after your basketball career is over. All he should worry about is caring for and providing for his family and saving for the future.

Diddy1122

Liked Posts:
To me, it is this simple. If you are cleared to play, then play. That is what you are paid to do. Period. If he cannot do what he used to be able to do, that is okay with me. Accept it for what it is. But show up and play your best given your ability or limitations. And above it all, shut your pie hole about worrying about what you will be able to do after your basketball career is over. All he should worry about is caring for and providing for his family and saving for the future.

And HE DID PLAY, in his first back to back game while STILL recovering from a hamstring injury. What's the issue here? He didn't have his burst. It was obvious from the tip yet despite that he had the first 3 assists of the game against them. He played the best he could in that situation. When he sat in the 2nd, it likely tightened pretty bad because when he came back in, you could see that he couldn't move as fluidly as he wanted. Everyone is taking every little thing he does now, putting their own perspective on it, then blowing it completely out of proportion.

And just give it a rest about his comments already. The constant questioning of this kid's heart and dedication to winning is ridiculously overblown and with no basis in any kind of reality. It's all conjecture of sports writers to get the average fan to click on their article. People in general live for drama. It's why "reality" TV is so effective. Create drama where there isn't any, see how people will react to it, and keep people talking about it for weeks after. When he's played over 20 mpg, the team is 6-1, yet all people will talk about is "he looks scared" or "why is he not driving as much?" or "he's not giving his all out there." It's all become rather laughable to me. When he strings a bunch of games together, and the team starts going on a roll, you're going to see all of these hypocritical armchair GM's quickly change their tune...again.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Just want to throw it out there...Calvin Johnson is one of the best athletes in the entire world and an ankle sprain kept him out 3 weeks.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And HE DID PLAY, in his first back to back game while STILL recovering from a hamstring injury. What's the issue here? He didn't have his burst. It was obvious from the tip yet despite that he had the first 3 assists of the game against them. He played the best he could in that situation. When he sat in the 2nd, it likely tightened pretty bad because when he came back in, you could see that he couldn't move as fluidly as he wanted. Everyone is taking every little thing he does now, putting their own perspective on it, then blowing it completely out of proportion.

And just give it a rest about his comments already. The constant questioning of this kid's heart and dedication to winning is ridiculously overblown and with no basis in any kind of reality. It's all conjecture of sports writers to get the average fan to click on their article. People in general live for drama. It's why "reality" TV is so effective. Create drama where there isn't any, see how people will react to it, and keep people talking about it for weeks after. When he's played over 20 mpg, the team is 6-1, yet all people will talk about is "he looks scared" or "why is he not driving as much?" or "he's not giving his all out there." It's all become rather laughable to me. When he strings a bunch of games together, and the team starts going on a roll, you're going to see all of these hypocritical armchair GM's quickly change their tune...again.

Again, the bottom line to me has everything to do with a doctor or doctors clearing a player to play in a game and the player not doing it. To me, that is violating the terms of a player's contract. None of us know what it going on in Rose's brain but I am a bottom line person and the Bulls have given more than they have got back in return from Rose.

Diddy1122

Liked Posts:
Again, the bottom line to me has everything to do with a doctor or doctors clearing a player to play in a game and the player not doing it. To me, that is violating the terms of a player's contract. None of us know what it going on in Rose's brain but I am a bottom line person and the Bulls have given more than they have got back in return from Rose.

Lol what are you talking about? HE WAS CLEARED TO PLAY & PLAYED THE GAME. What the hell else do you want? :shrug:

If you are STILL bringing up the ACL year, how about you look at history. The ENITRE BULLS ORGANIZATION left it in Rose's hands to determine when he'd return, not the team doctors. Period. I'm sick of people bringing this up over & over & over & OVER AGAIN, especially coming from hypocrites who had no problem with Rose sitting out a "lost season". Plus, those same team doctors cleared Deng to play that year after they forced him to get a spinal tap which nearly caused him to die. I don't blame Rose one bit for not listening to those hacks, who btw are no longer employed by the team.

Liked Posts:
We're still arguing about Rose?? LOL ...at least he survived the circus trip this time and the Bulls aren't a clusterfuck like another Chicago team

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So Rose will last another 2 games right?

Ditka19861

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As Chicago fans, we were spoiled by Michael Jordan and his aura of invincibility. Had D-Rose not won the MVP or if he wasn't playing in the shadow of Jordan, this wouldn't be an issue. The world would be sympathetic to see such a skilled young man dealing with injuries...