Rose should have sat out last night

czman

Liked Posts:
Last night was the worst effort I have seen Rose give in a series of bad effort games. I am not even going to talk about injuries. If he is going to go out there an play, then he needs to at least pretend like he cares.

I don't know Rose from Adam. I never met the man and don't really want to. What I can say, looking at this from the outside, is he looks like he does not care enough this season to actually play hard. He played hard against the Cavs for a bit. He has had a few 3-5 minute stretches here and there. Most of his minutes have been loafing around the arch and making lazy off the ball cuts.

If he is injured he needs to sit. Half-assing is not going to cut it. It sets a bad precedent for a team that is build on hard work and effort.

Maybe he does not love the game anymore. I don't know. Maybe all that time a way gave him perspective and he feels there are more things that are more important and he is just not going to play hard anymore. If that is the case I am not going to begrudge him. He should retire then.

Either play the game the right way or step away. I am not talking about injuries. If he is injured he should not play. If he is scared he should see a shrink. If he does not care anymore it is time to walk away.

I was never one to hate on Rose through the injuries. Healthy, scared, with no desire to play hard is bullshit. Either play or don't play. Dogging on the court is disrespectful to fans/teammates/NBA/the game itself.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
fuck rose i cant believe someone with the biggest heart for the game is going out like the biggest bitch in the game. Enjoy your money bitch

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My guess is that he was mildly injured last night and played anyway to appease the fanbase that was whining about him not playing.

I guess either way he can't win. When he plays hurt, he plays like crap and then gets crap for it. If he doesn't play, he gets crap. It doesn't matter what he does unless he's playing every game like he's MVP Rose...only then can he please everyone.

czman

Liked Posts:
My guess is that he was mildly injured last night and played anyway to appease the fanbase that was whining about him not playing.

I guess either way he can't win. When he plays hurt, he plays like crap and then gets crap for it. If he doesn't play, he gets crap. It doesn't matter what he does unless he's playing every game like he's MVP Rose...only then can he please everyone.

Injured players should not play. If you go out there, you have to play hard. I am not sure if you watched the game or not, but he played like he did not care. That is what I am saying. Forget injuries. If you go out there you have to try. If you are not going to try just sit. Last night was a complete and utter lack of effort with Rose in the first half. There is no way that lack of effort was due to injury.

I get that injuries keep players out of games. Rose is not not playing hard when he is on the court most games. Yesterday was just the worst.

Please don't try to make this about him not being able to win. No player should be able to put forth that effort, and injury would make someone hobbled. He did not look hobbled. He looked like he did not want to be out there.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Injured players should not play. If you go out there, you have to play hard. I am not sure if you watched the game or not, but he played like he did not care. That is what I am saying. Forget injuries. If you go out there you have to try. If you are not going to try just sit. Last night was a complete and utter lack of effort with Rose in the first half. There is no way that lack of effort was due to injury.

I get that injuries keep players out of games. Rose is not not playing hard when he is on the court most games. Yesterday was just the worst.

Please don't try to make this about him not being able to win. No player should be able to put forth that effort, and injury would make someone hobbled. He did not look hobbled. He looked like he did not want to be out there.
Honestly, I didn't get to watch the game until the 4th so I didn't see Rose at all. I did see him take a few jumpers in the post game stuff and they were making comments like he wasn't as aggressive as he usually is since he took 75% of his shots from 3. Perhaps that equates to not caring? I don't know. He only played 10 minutes. Maybe he was being passive to let everyone else get themselves going, maybe he doesn't care at all, maybe he cares a lot, I can't really say one way or another based off of 10 minutes.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't know about the rest of you, but this should worry the crap out of the Bulls organization. When you have warriors like they have and a guy made out of teflon as their supposed star, this is headed for a big fat fall.

How in the hell can a coach play a season like this. I cannot remember a team ever who have had players miss so many games. It is awfully bad stuff.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Rose also didn't help himself an interview or two ago when he confirmed to a different reporter that he told the truth on how he felt regarding playing hurt. He said he didn't care what fans or anyone thought about what he said. THis guy is really coming offf as an ass.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Put him on the trade block. I'm serious. Let him be someone else's spoiled bitch.

policeman

Son of beech
Liked Posts:
Put him on the trade block. I'm serious. Let him be someone else's spoiled bitch.

Trading him is not an option. No one would touch him, not at his salary. Not until he proves he can stay healthy.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I Still say that they should start making inquiries. There are some desperate teams out there with deep pocketbooks. See if NJ or the Knicks or the Lakers would be interested. I have seen and heard enough of this guy.

Liked Posts:
Honestly, I didn't get to watch the game until the 4th so I didn't see Rose at all. I did see him take a few jumpers in the post game stuff and they were making comments like he wasn't as aggressive as he usually is since he took 75% of his shots from 3. Perhaps that equates to not caring? I don't know. He only played 10 minutes. Maybe he was being passive to let everyone else get themselves going, maybe he doesn't care at all, maybe he cares a lot, I can't really say one way or another based off of 10 minutes.

He's basically the Bulls version of Jay Cutler

Liked Posts:
The same fans that are pissed at D.Rose are the same fans that boo'd Scottie Pippen in the 1993-94 season and continuted to boo after he addressed them for some reason, but he's sipping tea now

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The same fans that are pissed at D.Rose are the same fans that boo'd Scottie Pippen in the 1993-94 season and continuted to boo after he addressed them for some reason, but he's sipping tea now

I doubt that. For starters many of those people who are on Rose's back now weren't round when Pippin played. Also, the problem that Pippin had was when he refused to go back into the game because he wasn't given the last shot but rather Kukoc was. Face it, Scottie was not the brightest light on the string.

Liked Posts:
I doubt that. For starters many of those people who are on Rose's back now weren't round when Pippin played. Also, the problem that Pippin had was when he refused to go back into the game because he wasn't given the last shot but rather Kukoc was. Face it, Scottie was not the brightest light on the string.

That's true, he was basically saved from being traded because of Cheese Eyes. These fans need to realize that Derrick is not meant to be the top guy. He flourished as the #2 option

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I Still say that they should start making inquiries. There are some desperate teams out there with deep pocketbooks. See if NJ or the Knicks or the Lakers would be interested. I have seen and heard enough of this guy.

WHAT? Please don't use huge fonts to chat.

Troy23

Liked Posts:
Should Derrick sit out games and be made to go 100% flat out at training for a week to show he is over his hamstring injury before he steps back on the court?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
hindsight is 20/20.

What the Bulls did, was fine, IMHO. They let him run and shut him down at the first sign of trouble. You guys need to know, and ALWAYS remember; These pro athletes go hard at practice, in workouts, on their training time. Derrick has a track record of giving everything in his workouts. You don't get Derrick Rose Speed and Skill by simply being born and poof, there it is anytime you want it. All setbacks can happen at any given moment. If he's honest about his body, that is all any of us can ask. If he's BSing about injuries, then obviously, Rose is a fuckwad. But from how teammates defend him endlessly, especially outspoken players, Derrick doesn't fake his shit. Hell, he isn't smart enough to fake his shit and play drama queen with every little boo-boo(that's Paul Peirce FTR, who has many memorable phantom injuries, HECK, dude flopped his way into a wheelchair... a god damned wheel chair).

Don't be a mental midget and buy into this story the media loves to milk. Being a sucker and giving these hack writers traffic and attention only sends them the signal that they aught to write more of this shit, and speculate more, and make more mountains out of molehills.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
hindsight is 20/20.

What the Bulls did, was fine, IMHO. They let him run and shut him down at the first sign of trouble. You guys need to know, and ALWAYS remember; These pro athletes go hard at practice, in workouts, on their training time. Derrick has a track record of giving everything in his workouts. You don't get Derrick Rose Speed and Skill by simply being born and poof, there it is anytime you want it. All setbacks can happen at any given moment. If he's honest about his body, that is all any of us can ask. If he's BSing about injuries, then obviously, Rose is a fuckwad. But from how teammates defend him endlessly, especially outspoken players, Derrick doesn't fake his shit. Hell, he isn't smart enough to fake his shit and play drama queen with every little boo-boo(that's Paul Peirce FTR, who has many memorable phantom injuries, HECK, dude flopped his way into a wheelchair... a god damned wheel chair).

Don't be a mental midget and buy into this story the media loves to milk. Being a sucker and giving these hack writers traffic and attention only sends them the signal that they aught to write more of this shit, and speculate more, and make more mountains out of molehills.

It isn't just the media, although they aren't helping the situation.

Until the Bulls win another title, the measuring stick is still Jordan:

[video=youtube;YIzrYcgfOH4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIzrYcgfOH4[/video]

This is why many fans are intolerant of Rose, and rightly so.

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
Last night was the worst effort I have seen Rose give in a series of bad effort games. I am not even going to talk about injuries. If he is going to go out there an play, then he needs to at least pretend like he cares.

I don't know Rose from Adam. I never met the man and don't really want to. What I can say, looking at this from the outside, is he looks like he does not care enough this season to actually play hard. He played hard against the Cavs for a bit. He has had a few 3-5 minute stretches here and there. Most of his minutes have been loafing around the arch and making lazy off the ball cuts.

If he is injured he needs to sit. Half-assing is not going to cut it. It sets a bad precedent for a team that is build on hard work and effort.

Maybe he does not love the game anymore. I don't know. Maybe all that time a way gave him perspective and he feels there are more things that are more important and he is just not going to play hard anymore. If that is the case I am not going to begrudge him. He should retire then.

Either play the game the right way or step away. I am not talking about injuries. If he is injured he should not play. If he is scared he should see a shrink. If he does not care anymore it is time to walk away.

I was never one to hate on Rose through the injuries. Healthy, scared, with no desire to play hard is bullshit. Either play or don't play. Dogging on the court is disrespectful to fans/teammates/NBA/the game itself.

Could not agree more. I'm done with this clown. Trade him away for something or just retire already. He's a distraction at this point on a pretty good team. We get on a roll, then he sits, then he comes back, then he sits again, then he loafs on the floor, then he looks tentative, then he looks like his old self, then he loafs again, then he tweaks something, then he sits, then he might come back, then he doesn't, then he sits some more, then he plays 10 minutes, then he loafs again.....lather, rinse, repeat. I'm tired of it. Get lost already. Whatever fire he had is gone.