dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The Only coach I see being replaced is Tucker and maybe Joe D. The Cutler Trestman marriage will continue for one more year. If they fail again, both will likely be jettisoned and the new HC will have his choice of a new QB.

All of the Cutler lovers calling for Trestmans head need to realize this is a distinct possibility. Cutler will not get another chance here with another HC IMO. It would make no sense.

I think most on here realize or think that Trestman will be back for another year even though they don't want that to happen. I think with a top 10 defense and the right DC to operate that top 10 defense that we could be a really good team with the offense we have now.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
There's a difference between dreams and fantasy. Yours leans more towards the latter.

Why is it fantasy to think we could be on a new coaching search next year?? There's not a single person besides the front office people that knows for sure if Trestman will be back. Now i know all of us long time Bears fans know that we've been known to hold onto coaches and GM's longer than we should but that doesn't mean they haven't learned their lessons.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I think most on here realize or think that Trestman will be back for another year even though they don't want that to happen. I think with a top 10 defense and the right DC to operate that top 10 defense that we could be a really good team with the offense we have now.

There is no magic pixie dust or coordinator that will turn this into a top 10 unit in one year. The lack of overall talent and depth is simply to much to overcome. Not to mention Briggs and Tillman are all but done. Ratliff and Allen are also on the wrong side of 30. The defense needs a serious injection of Youth.

Look at it this way. If you were going to blow it up and start over, who are your building blocks? Fuller, Jeffrey, Long, Sutton and Ferguson. (possibles Wilson,Jones, Bostic) . That's really it. Now let that sink in for a minute

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Why is it fantasy to think we could be on a new coaching search next year?? There's not a single person besides the front office people that knows for sure if Trestman will be back. Now i know all of us long time Bears fans know that we've been known to hold onto coaches and GM's longer than we should but that doesn't mean they haven't learned their lessons.

I'll give ya my opinion, more along the lines of logical thinking. Because i see no situation in which Cutler gets yet another chance with another HC in Chicago. Its make or break time. I believe when Trestman goes, so will Cutler. I don't see all of that happening just quite yet. I think both of them get one more year (for better or worse) to prove their worth and Trestman gets a crack with a new DC.
If they blow it all up at the end of the year, then I see cutler getting traded. I just don't see it playing out that way though.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Trestman stays, Tucker goes, Joe D might stay unfortunately, and I really wouldn't be surprised if Emery trades Jay. He booted a 10-6 HC, no reason to assume he won't move on from Cutler if the right offer is there.

Unfortunately, he fucked the team by not having a plan B (QB) in place already, since if Trest doesn't make it happen next year, either with cutler, or another QB, everyone is likely gone and we're back at square one. It would have been nice for Trest to have a young QB with one year under him to go with next year. And Fales likely isn't that guy. Considering he's not even on the 53 man roster.

It's looking like there's a good chance that heading into 2016 this team will be blown up.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Trestman stays, Tucker goes, Joe D might stay unfortunately, and I really wouldn't be surprised if Emery trades Jay. He booted a 10-6 HC, no reason to assume he won't move on from Cutler if the right offer is there.

Unfortunately, he fucked the team by not having a plan B (QB) in place already, since if Trest doesn't make it happen next year, either with cutler, or another QB, everyone is likely gone and we're back at square one. It would have been nice for Trest to have a young QB with one year under him to go with next year. And Fales likely isn't that guy. Considering he's not even on the 53 man roster.

It's looking like there's a good chance that heading into 2016 this team will be blown up.
I share pretty much all the same sentiments. It would be wild to see jay traded this off season. From a value perspective, its never gonna get any better because of his age. So this would be the time to pull the trigger if ever.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Trestman's not getting fired. Get real, you guys. The real question is, do the Titans or Redskins still want Cutler?

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
Vikings suck. 6-10 because of them unless we've completely mailed it in by then.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
We are going 5-11 simply because we are truly terrible and have terrible coaches.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Luckily, I kinda expected this debacle so I am not so disappoint but, I'm no less tired of the mediocre shit show.

die-hard-2.gif

rodger that

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
NO, Dallas and detroit are all in huge post season push battles. Dallas is licking their chops to get back healthy against the Bears. NO in a huge battle. GB may very well lose to NE this weekend which means Detroit will be tied and in a huge battle for the division. Bears will lose all 3 games

They may very well lose to MN but it will be the last game of the season and will be meaningless.

At this point, I predict one more win if that.

36bear

Liked Posts:
If we go 5-11 or
6-10.... Where does the Bears land in the draft?

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
If we go 5-11 or
6-10.... Where does the Bears land in the draft?

To many variables at this point. Tie breakers play a big role. Giving the two records you provided I would estimate between 8-12. There are a lot of bad teams this year.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
There is no magic pixie dust or coordinator that will turn this into a top 10 unit in one year. The lack of overall talent and depth is simply to much to overcome. Not to mention Briggs and Tillman are all but done. Ratliff and Allen are also on the wrong side of 30. The defense needs a serious injection of Youth.

Look at it this way. If you were going to blow it up and start over, who are your building blocks? Fuller, Jeffrey, Long, Sutton and Ferguson. (possibles Wilson,Jones, Bostic) . That's really it. Now let that sink in for a minute

I don't need to let it sink in cause i know what i'm talking about when it comes to sports and especially my teams. This team can absolutely be turned into a top 10/15 defense next year. We have money for free agency and we will have a top half draft pick which we could come out of with at least two immediate starters.
We keep our D-Line together and add a DE and that is all our D-Line needs. Out of our LBers we keep J.Bostic,C.Jones,D.Sharpton and yes S.McClellin and add a stud LBer with either our 1st or 2nd pick or in free agency and our Lbers are set. Out of our DB's we have K.Fuller,T.Jennings as our starters and we have some decent backups in S.McManis,ALJ,D.Hurst at CB and we have R.Mundy as our only keeper at safety and we have B.Vereen who might or might not be ready to start next year but probably not so we add a stud safety with either the 1st or 2nd round pick that we don't use at LBer and we have plenty of money in free agency. We add the right DC to run our defense the right way and now after you let that sink in then you can TRY to tell me how this can't be turned around in one year??????

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I'll give ya my opinion, more along the lines of logical thinking. Because i see no situation in which Cutler gets yet another chance with another HC in Chicago. Its make or break time. I believe when Trestman goes, so will Cutler. I don't see all of that happening just quite yet. I think both of them get one more year (for better or worse) to prove their worth and Trestman gets a crack with a new DC.
If they blow it all up at the end of the year, then I see cutler getting traded. I just don't see it playing out that way though.

Ok and i'm with you on all that. I never said that Trestman would be gone next year what i said was it's not fantasy to think he might be and i still think that especially after yesterdays game and it's not over yet. But it wouldn't shock me one bit if they both are here next year as our head coach and QB.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I share pretty much all the same sentiments. It would be wild to see jay traded this off season. From a value perspective, its never gonna get any better because of his age. So this would be the time to pull the trigger if ever.

Adam Schefter did make a comment saying other teams would be interested in Cutler if we wanted to trade him and i agree. There's always coaches out there that think they can get the best out of a QB that has the type of talents that Cutty has.