dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Trestman's not getting fired. Get real, you guys. The real question is, do the Titans or Redskins still want Cutler?

Nobody is saying he is but there is a chance that he does unless you know something that the rest of us don't know?? Nobody but the front office people know who's staying or going.

Mr. Jones

Liked Posts:
I think most on here realize or think that Trestman will be back for another year even though they don't want that to happen. I think with a top 10 defense and the right DC to operate that top 10 defense that we could be a really good team with the offense we have now.
Lol, this is total opposite from what many envisioned..I thought the Bears were supposed to have a top offense and middle of the road defense and be a "championship" caliber team..Now e are resigned to building the defense again to bail out a run of the mill offense? At this point I don't give a shit how they do it I just want them them to win and be a respectable team and good at something except break records for futility..What a mess..
I predict a shitz and 10 finish as well..

Poppa San

Liked Posts:
I recall a few years back in similar dire situations the team would rally around the coach to save his job for another season. Can't recall how far back and whether it was Wanny or Lovie. I do hope they do it again, run the table, and save the current regime. As a farm bred, cheese raised, green and gold blooded Packer fan, a few more seasons of this would be greatly enjoyed.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I don't need to let it sink in cause i know what i'm talking about when it comes to sports and especially my teams. This team can absolutely be turned into a top 10/15 defense next year. We have money for free agency and we will have a top half draft pick which we could come out of with at least two immediate starters.
We keep our D-Line together and add a DE and that is all our D-Line needs. Out of our LBers we keep J.Bostic,C.Jones,D.Sharpton and yes S.McClellin and add a stud LBer with either our 1st or 2nd pick or in free agency and our Lbers are set. Out of our DB's we have K.Fuller,T.Jennings as our starters and we have some decent backups in S.McManis,ALJ,D.Hurst at CB and we have R.Mundy as our only keeper at safety and we have B.Vereen who might or might not be ready to start next year but probably not so we add a stud safety with either the 1st or 2nd round pick that we don't use at LBer and we have plenty of money in free agency. We add the right DC to run our defense the right way and now after you let that sink in then you can TRY to tell me how this can't be turned around in one year??????
I stand by my opinion, agree to disagree thats fine. They very well can improve, I'm not ruling that out at all but, a flip from bottom 1/3 to top ten with the serious lack of depth and quality starting talent is much worse than you're seeing. Relying on 2 stud rookies is not a safe bet, ever. I also don't see the FO spending lavishly on defense again because it blew up in there face this past year in a big way because Emery and company went all in thinking this was a Win now team. They will fill a few holes in FA but you shouldn't be expecting any splash signings.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Nobody is saying he is but there is a chance that he does unless you know something that the rest of us don't know?? Nobody but the front office people know who's staying or going.

I don't have any insider knowledge whatsoever. It's just my educated guess. And I think it's more realistic then guesses to the contrary.

Trestman isn't getting fired this offseason.

Based on how Emery has gone about his job and the relationship that has been reported between Emery, Trestman and Cutler and the things Emery and Trestman have said about each other, I don't see any evidence such a man would cut bait on his signature hire after only two years.

I mean, hell, they still insist Shea is a starting NFL linebacker. Emery talks GLOWINGLY of Trestman, even going out of his way to do so. There is nothing in Emery's past actions to suggest to me that Trestman is gone after this year.

Therefore, my educated guess is, the guy is going nowhere. If anything, Tucker will be the offseason scapegoat.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Simply going through the different scenarios, not speaking in absolutes.

That's fine. Then what I'm saying is, the scenario of Trestman getting fired---highly doubt that happens.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
That's fine. Then what I'm saying is, the scenario of Trestman getting fired---highly doubt that happens.

I agree its doubtful. I stand by the opinion of when Trestman goes, so does Cutler. I'd be utterly shocked if it happened this off season.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I don't have any insider knowledge whatsoever. It's just my educated guess. And I think it's more realistic then guesses to the contrary.

Trestman isn't getting fired this offseason.

Based on how Emery has gone about his job and the relationship that has been reported between Emery, Trestman and Cutler and the things Emery and Trestman have said about each other, I don't see any evidence such a man would cut bait on his signature hire after only two years.

I mean, hell, they still insist Shea is a starting NFL linebacker. Emery talks GLOWINGLY of Trestman, even going out of his way to do so. There is nothing in Emery's past actions to suggest to me that Trestman is gone after this year.

Therefore, my educated guess is, the guy is going nowhere. If anything, Tucker will be the offseason scapegoat.

Ok i can live with that and again nobody said he was getting fired but you can call it an educated guess all you want cause it's still just a guess cause none of us know what will happen with any coach on this team after this brutal season is over. All we can do now is hope Emery makes his next coaching decisions the right decisions and hope for a quick turnaround.

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
Everyone on here thinks they know "their" team, but in reality none of us know what is happening. It's just as likely that everyone but Tucker stays as it is that the whole operation is gutted. Clayton had a really interesting article about George M, and how he won't stand for being embarrassed. History with this organization would tell you that nothing will be done, but this season has been a serious embarrassment.

As far as the Cutty/Trestman argument, again none of us really knows what's going on behind the scenes. It could be a combination of so many sceneries. My guess is it's a combination of Trestman being out of the league too long and Jay not doing what Trestman needs for the offense to work. There is one thing that is obvious and that is either A Trestman can't lead or B He doesn't have the ability to adjust to today's NFL C he doesn't have the guts to bench Jay. To me, no matter what the answer is, he has to go. It's really sad as this is by far the most talented O group we have fielded in the past 30 years and it's still failing.