People blaming Jay?

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Jay needs to be a zone run scheme with a strong rushing attack so he can just PA pass all day and he isn't relied upon to move the chains all the time.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
When we abandon the running game, we don't even have a chance to win.

Fuckler threw the ball 48 times. Forte ran the ball 5 times. Are we really okay with this?

Yes. When the alternative is watching Forte get stuffed all game I have no problem with Trestman "running" the ball via short passes.

The Pats threw the ball 53 times last week vs Detroit. The difference is the Pats have Tom Brady executing their dink and dunk offense. We have Cutler.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
When we abandon the running game, we don't even have a chance to win.

Fuckler threw the ball 48 times. Forte ran the ball 5 times. Are we really okay with this?

Hell yes, as long as we keep winning, OOPS, scratch that.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Problem is Emery never gave him a guy to fall back on if he decided benching Jay was best.

True....but a benching would be more to let jay know he's play is un-'effing'-acceptable.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Also why am I an appologist or fan boy and everyone on the other end isn't a hater. I have no problem saying players aren't performing, I've got a long list if you want that. I personally hate Jay on many levels (which blinds people in giving an opinion on him), but I really don't think its a good football move to get rid of him just hoping we get a better QB. Wake up people, do you not remember the QB position for our team since oh 1950. He is by far the best we have had and for some reason it strikes fans as a good idea to get rid of him because he isn't Rodgers. If we find a better option I'm all for making a switch, but until that happens it is way too important of a position to just get rid of a decent performer with no backup plan.

I have never once said I think he can't inprove or that I am satisfied, but I also do not want a repeat of the past 50 years! If we are in a position to draft a QB that we feel will be better than him than fine, but look over the drafts since we got Jay and you will see that only A Luck is a better option. You could argue Kap but he is just as bad with fundamentals, and maybe Russel Wilson, but you surround that guy with our squad, I'll take Jay.

what???

Erick Kramer was better than jay, Jim McMahon was better. Jim Miller was better than jay. If a Qb can't help a team win he's worthless

Joker85

Liked Posts:
His offense scored 10 points against a woeful pass d.

That's not playing well. 2 TDs 2 INTs is the same Jay we've seen his entire career.

He leads the NFL in turnovers again.

He didn't play awful today, he put up decent numbers but consistently failed to actually put up any points what so ever when it became obvious it was going to be a shootout.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Stafford played our D, he hadn't lead a TD drive in 3 weeks so yes he has struggled.

Last time I checked when Jay has played shitty defenses this season, he didnt do shit...so please whats the excuse for that

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes. When the alternative is watching Forte get stuffed all game I have no problem with Trestman "running" the ball via short passes.

The Pats threw the ball 53 times last week vs Detroit. The difference is the Pats have Tom Brady executing their dink and dunk offense. We have Cutler.

so the bears should just get a tom brady...np elite qb's grow on trees around the nfl....cmon man sure cutler makes his boneheaded plays its to be expected but to say every bit of the offenses problems belong in his lap and its all the qb's fault is just foolish cutler does deserve his share of the blame as he isn't making the situation any better but u cant lay it all on cutler

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
The bears defense just had 5 sacks the game before, and numerous other hits/pressures etc. The Lions defense had a total of zero sacks their previous 2 games. Their defense also has a lot of injuries, and their Oline is 2 times worse off when it comes to injuries. Stafford was under pressure and played like 5 times better than Cutler. He doesn't have to take a knee, but when all is lost, he shouldn't be launching the ball and leading receivers into big hits etc. All so he can clearly pad his stats. It's pathetic. I just hope it isn't the coaches calling for that shit, its stupid. He should take the underneath stuff the defense is giving him, and if one of our playmakers makes a play, then great.

Holy shit...stats don't exist in a vacuum. Who were the opponents in those games for the Bears and Detroit? Seriously, look it up, because you appear to have a REALLY short memory. Take the underneath stuff? Like they did the whole rest of the game with screens and dump offs that don't get first downs? Is that going to make up a two score deficit? Desperate times call for desperate measures. You can't honestly be as football stupid as your posts are making you seem.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers

Its the wrong offense for Cutler for sure, but the Pats did run the ball well when needed. It also helps when you hold the opposing QB to under 40% completion... sometimes a defense can help you win, sometimes.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Its the wrong offense for Cutler for sure, but the Pats did run the ball well when needed. It also helps when you hold the opposing QB to under 40% completion... sometimes a defense can help you win, sometimes.

This offense is suited best for Orton...Dink, dunk, etc..If you have a QB with an arm like Cutler, USE THE FUCKIN THING~!

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's a shitty screen bullshit button hook offense. The button hook has got to be Trestsman's favorite route of all time.

But theyre missing the button, and getting the hook in their ass...lol

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
Short dink and dunk also needs receivers who are quick. The big guys are good at blocking, but generally you have a quick guy catching those passes. Eric Kramer had one good season, yet he still had 10 isn't and 4 fumbles, Jim M best season he had 59% completion, 15 TD's and 11 INTs with 59% completion percentage, and Jim Miller again had 13 TD and 11 INTs with 58% completion, and that's all their best seasons. We have not had a better QB since Luckman, it's not saying much, but that is a fact. Good QBs don't grow on trees, this fan base should know that better than anyone!

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
G1...I thought you made a good observation with your post yesterday regarding not seeing any slant routes or routes that actually put the defenders on their heels. Virtually everything is a short to intermediate curl route of some sort.

Unless they throw the deep out route which Cutler has been over throwing lately

Something is amiss this season, thats for sure

Thanks

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
And? Its still not good enough.

Not when you get penalties to kill drives and a play caller that calls plays that doesnt put the team in a position to keep drives going

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Personally I think Cutler pre-determines where he going to throw it and figures he'll rifle it in with his arm regardless of the coverage. I can't imagine he doesn't realize he's got Holmes wide open deep. He obviously knows the plays he's calling, he's just too fucking stubborn.

^

This.

One of the things to key in on is how frequently teams go to a single high safety with a short underside zone on us. It's almost 90% of the time.

Why?

Because generally, from the snap on, Cutler's head is only focused on one receiver on one side of the field. Normally, a center-fielder will shade left or right based on the receivers (who is where and what routes they are running).

However, because Cutler is starring down one side, the other side of the field can essentially be left un-bracketed. This frees up another defender to help underneath in run-support, or allows them an additional blitzer,or (as we saw yesterday) allowed the safety to double up Forte as a release valve in the flats.

Cutler has a strong arm. But in almost every single other QB skill, he is lacking - and it's killing the team.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Short dink and dunk also needs receivers who are quick. The big guys are good at blocking, but generally you have a quick guy catching those passes. Eric Kramer had one good season, yet he still had 10 isn't and 4 fumbles, Jim M best season he had 59% completion, 15 TD's and 11 INTs with 59% completion percentage, and Jim Miller again had 13 TD and 11 INTs with 58% completion, and that's all their best seasons. We have not had a better QB since Luckman, it's not saying much, but that is a fact. Good QBs don't grow on trees, this fan base should know that better than anyone!

Everyone that still holds out and defends cutler falls in to the "best since luckman" trap.
Epic failure for years doesnt mean this team should settle for an elite priced average player.

The guy has played 10 years. 3 of those years, he has been top 5 in intercepted passes. (number 2 this season)
With 12 games right now, he currently sits at #5 in td passes.. but that wont hold beyond this weekend... and this is the only season he has been in the top 5 in that category.
He has never been top 10 in passer rating.
He had one year in denver when he was top 10 in passing yards per game. never been in the top 10 aside from that year.
This year is the only season he has been in the top 10 in completion percentage... and we can all agree that is a result of an anemic, ineffective dink and dunk attack.

You are right. Good QBs do not grow on trees. That doesn't excuse wasting 5 years on an average guy, rebuilding the team to enable his success, committing at least 2 or 3 more years and a crippling contract in hopes he will all of a sudden turn around and earn the money.

The bears were a man starving in the dessert. Cutler was an Ex-lax cake. The bears gave everything they had because they wanted that cake.... but after 30 minutes of satisfaction, an extended period of gut wrenching pants-shitting leaves the bears not just dead, but dead, broke, and lying in a putrid lake of their own shit.

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
^ poetic no doubt. Average is better than anything else we have had. I know we get frustrated by Jay, but making bad football decisions doesn't help. With that being said if we found a better option, I would be all for replacing Jay. I'm not sure how this thread went from me saying I don't think Jay is the main problem to me "saying" I want to keep Jay at all costs. I just don't want to be stuck in the same position we were for the past 20 years with a QB who really is not qualified to win in the NFL.

If Jay does finish top 5 in TD passes, and we get rid of him without another viable option, everyone will soon renember what having a terrible QB can do to an offense. That's all I have been saying from the beginning. It's as though you have to either hate Jay or love him, being in the middle and saying he isn't the main problem isn't allowed.