Screw Phil Emery.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
really cant understand why anyone would expect the Bears to win this game.

12% of Americans are shopping drunk as you read this...

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
We have zero talent and depth at both LB and S. We also have a terrible interior OL and a lack of depth at WR. He tried to make an out of the box head coaching hire and that decision backfired. That is too many holes for GM to not address those issues, he has to be held accountable. I think he has the right approach, but he just failed in too many areas.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, if Cutler just gets a 3rd GM, 3rd HC, and 5th OC he will finally realize his potential.

bwwaaahhaaahahaa

Team built to run through qb....

QB surrounded by most talented WR, TE, HB combo in the NFL...

QB folds under the pressure...

Fans want to fire everyone but the QB

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah, if Cutler just gets a 3rd GM, 3rd HC, and 5th OC he will finally realize his potential.

bwwaaahhaaahahaa

I am done with Cutler as well, but like a VD he will be difficult to get rid of.

Trestman sucks, we get a new HC.

That HC has the oppurtunity to bring in his coach and groom, if that means Cutler is gone in 2015 or 2016 I am okay with it.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well windy, we all know you will be saying something completely different 5 min from now. And then five minutes after that.

Should the bears keep trestman after all?

Is Tucker turning things around?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well windy, we all know you will be saying something completely different 5 min from now. And then five minutes after that.

No they are both terrible and both should be fired.

Tucker has arguably less terrible and that is why a scenario where Tucker is scape coated will be unacceptable to me. How you could fire Tucker and not Trestman is beyond me.

If Cutler gets caught in the cleanse I am more than okay with that. If he does stick around then I would hope they would start looking for the next guy immediatly to replace him.

That hasn't changed in weeks and will not change this season.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
At least when Lovie was firing OCs every 2 years he could look people in the eye and tell them his defense was good.

If Trestman fires Tucker what is his answer for why his offense sucks.

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
We have zero talent and depth at both LB and S. We also have a terrible interior OL and a lack of depth at WR. He tried to make an out of the box head coaching hire and that decision backfired. That is too many holes for GM to not address those issues, he has to be held accountable. I think he has the right approach, but he just failed in too many areas.

That terrible interior of the OL did just fantastic last year. Many people think Michael Ola was a great signing by the Bears too. Garza needs to be replaced and I bet he will be after this year.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I see zero difference between your posting and Windy's

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Yore right bout everything but Jay. bruce Arians was very open about really looking forward and wanting to cosch Jay.

Those two would've been a fantastic match. Read the Peter King article in SI about Bruce Arians. Arians was all about jays style of fuck it I want you to throw it deep

Oh look! King Special person is whining about Arians! This is something new!!!!

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
Gave a below average QB huge money
Hired one of the worst coaching staffs in the league
One of the worst at scouting talent in the draft in the NFL in his first three years
Signed Allen and Houston

What is not to like?

One of the worst coaching staffs in NFL history***

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Like someone told me earlier today: it ALL starts with ted Phillips. No excuses. That guy is the Presidnet of the franchise and in in charge of hiring football minded people to run that side of the business. And what the fuck is his job background? AN ACCOUNTANT. Damn, get him the F Outta here. He better be canned this offseason by the Mccaskeys.

proton

Liked Posts:
This is all on Ted Phillips. This is his baby. He's the unqualified way over his head team president who hired a guy as GM nobody else in the league even considered qualified. Then the unqualified GM hired a head coach who had been out of the league several years because nobody wanted him.

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
Phil Emery should be fired for the disaster that is Shea McClellan alone.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Other than hire Trestman, what has Emery done that is so bad? He has drafted two perennial pro bowlers in the last 3 drafts in Kyle Long and Alshon Jeffery. Drafted solid contributors in Jordan Mills, Ego Ferguson, Will Sutton and Jon Bostic. He has a possible future pro bowl CB in Kyle Fuller.

He brought in Brandon Marshall, Jermon Bushrod, Matt Slauson, Martellus Bennett, Willie Young and Jay Ratliff who have all been a big part of this team.

When he came in, he immediately fixed the offense. By the time he finished doing that though, the defense that was already old got ancient. Urlacher, Briggs, Tillman and Peppers were either retiring, declining or leaving and Angelo drafted so poorly that we had NOBODY to step up and replace any of these guys.

This team's decline was inevitable with the decline of those star defensive players. Combine that with Tucker and Trestman's inability to coach and Cutler's boneheadedness and you have a recipe for disaster.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
100% Phil's fault. Period. He is the GM.

Or, would you prefer a GM that's so weak he can't select his QB?
It's ultimately the GMs job to select talent but when you have a QB whisperer like trestman or a D guru like Lovie, you go with their recommendations within their specialties. GMs would be the 1st to tell you that they don't know as much about O or D as their coordinators, well in most cases anyway.:dunno: I thought some of JA's moves reflected Lovie just like Jay reflects on Trestman and after what the O did last year, Marc's influence carried some weight.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Think about this Done asshole kid who annoyed the shit out of his family yesterday will be the qb of the bears in like 15 years

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

bwwaaahhaaahahaa

Yup, no one wants to get rid of Cutler.