Around The MLB: Free Agent Signings And Trades Discussion Thread

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
Haha, Vizcaino popped for PED's. 80 game suspension. Wonder if the Cubs had an inkling before the trade.

Nah! Things just happen that way.

The Cubs would get in far more trouble if they knew it and tried to hide it.

PED's obviously are still going strong. This won't be the last case, and you can bet your ass on that one.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Doubt it. He started throwing harder this spring supposedly.

And still couldn't find the plate even with the help of a seeing eye dog.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nah! Things just happen that way.

The Cubs would get in far more trouble if they knew it and tried to hide it.

PED's obviously are still going strong. This won't be the last case, and you can bet your ass on that one.
An ESPN players poll that came out just a few days ago says players estimate about 10% of other players are using PED's....I hope it's not true but it probably is

chibears55

Liked Posts:
An ESPN players poll that came out just a few days ago says players estimate about 10% of other players are using PED's....I hope it's not true but it probably is
I would thimk those are mostly players like vizcaino, who are coming off of injuries and trying to heal faster and get their edge back...

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

I think its way more then that and the players are short changing it for a reason.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
@JonHeymanCBS: ervin santana suspended 80 games for ped failure (stanozolol) #twins

Results are coming back from spring training testing

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Haha, Vizcaino popped for PED's. 80 game suspension. Wonder if the Cubs had an inkling before the trade.

Wasn't half of the board here HUGE on him last year? Like thought he was ace material? You know who you are...

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wasn't half of the board here HUGE on him last year? Like thought he was ace material? You know who you are...

Ace material? Stuff wise he has it. But that is a different cry from being an ace. Bullpen wise I thought he could be a dominant closer and I still think that. It seems he didnt make that step. He was suspended for Ped's so was Ervin Santana today which, correct me if Im wrong, people were all over his nuts not to long ago. Like I said, 10% is bullshit. I know 3 major leaguers personally and they told Peds are rampet. Its like telling someone you can take a 9 to 5 job or you can be a millionaire. What is your choice?

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Ace material? Stuff wise he has it. But that is a different cry from being an ace. Bullpen wise I thought he could be a dominant closer and I still think that. It seems he didnt make that step. He was suspended for Ped's so was Ervin Santana today which, correct me if Im wrong, people were all over his nuts not to long ago. Like I said, 10% is bullshit. I know 3 major leaguers personally and they told Peds are rampet. Its like telling someone you can take a 9 to 5 job or you can be a millionaire. What is your choice?

I honestly think the stance is a tad silly. I mean I don't view it any different than someone getting a pain killer shot to play through the pain. And while I prefer to watch pitching dominated games rather than the steroid era slugfests, I honestly don't get the outrage people have about steroids as though they "soiled" the game. We're talking about a game famous for stealing signs and you don't think someone's going to take any edge they can get? The whole thing was always naive to me.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Drop names or we can never be friends again.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

Are we talking about the Vizcaino the Cubs traded in the offseason? The one we got from Atlanta?

Yes, I initially expected very good things. Even after the TJ surgery delayed him longer than expected, I held out hope he'd be a real steal. I admit it.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Drop names or we can never be friends again.

One was an ex cub. Now i know you really want to know. One played for red and pirates and is out the majors. The other one was a top 100 prospect that never became quite as good as expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Melvin (BJ) Upton and Craig Kimbrel traded to padres.

Well, Craig Kimbrel traded to Padres. Braves force Pads to also take Upton.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Melvin (BJ) Upton and Craig Kimbrel traded to padres.

Well, Craig Kimbrel traded to Padres. Braves force Pads to also take Upton.

Pads are straight gunning for it. No idea why the hell they added Upton to the mix when they've already got Kemp, Justin Upton and Wil Myers. Extremely expensive 4th outfielder.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Pads are straight gunning for it. No idea why the hell they added Upton to the mix when they've already got Kemp, Justin Upton and Wil Myers. Extremely expensive 4th outfielder.

They didn't add Upton because they wanted to. They got Kimbrel, which just made them better. Upton, and his $66 million price tag, was the cost of getting the closer they coveted.

On ESPN, Boone called Padres the best team in the west. I think their D will hurt them, and I am not sold on Kemp being the big plus they expect.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
They didn't add Upton because they wanted to. They got Kimbrel, which just made them better. Upton, and his $66 million price tag, was the cost of getting the closer they coveted.

On ESPN, Boone called Padres the best team in the west. I think their D will hurt them, and I am not sold on Kemp being the big plus they expect.

I don't think it automatically makes them better than the Dodgers but I do think it gives them a shot at the Division where I didn't think they had one before.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Whatever happened to Junior Lake? He was good