D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Agreed.

If Trestman gets fired its Harbaugh.

If Trestman doesn't get fired, but Harbaugh leaves, then make Marc go and then get Harbaugh.

Its Harbaugh or bust.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

AussieBear

Agreed.

If Trestman gets fired its Harbaugh.

If Trestman doesn't get fired, but Harbaugh leaves, then make Marc go and then get Harbaugh.

Its Harbaugh or bust.

harbaugh seems to find great weapons for cap on offense. makes sense

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And if not Jim, I think David Shaw would make a good coach in the League.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Glad to see you guys got some sense! How anyone could even try and argue not to hire Jim is so mind boggling it's stupid. I don't know if some people like the idea of a coordinator and not knowing what he could bring, but I'll take Jimmies record and Super Bowl apperance over anyone else.

I'd be so pumped if they got Harbaugh. Man, that would make my day as a Bears fan.

Milton Waddams

Liked Posts:
Harbaugh is a good coach. Unfortunately though, the BEARS have a type. Look at the last 3 coaches: Jauron, Lovie, Trestman. They're all cut from the same cloth. Meek, mild-mannered types who don't rock the boat. Harbaugh doesn't fit that mold. I'd love him as the next coach, but I just can't see it happening.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Harbaugh would be great but a lot of things need to go down for that to happen. Might be a pipe dream. I would love to see it happen though.

Realistic options -

- Ray Horton - I like him more than Bowles because of his track record in coming in and improving defenses. He worked under Dick Lebeau in Pittsburgh as a secondary coach, came to Arizona as the DC and improved their defense in one year from 29th to 18th, improved to 12th the next season. Went to Cleveland last year and turned that defense from 23rd to 9th in the league. This year has been the only year where his defense has regressed after his introduction but I think that may be due more to the lack of personnel than his scheme.

- Pep Hamilton - Really like this guy. Showed at Stanford he can run a power running/ball control type game plan. Has shown in Indianapolis that he can coordinate a prolific passing attack. Only problem is Cutler basically got this guy fired when he was our QB coach to bring in his boy Jeremy Bates.

bearsforever

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Who is our next head coach. Interesting question. My honest to God opinion is the guy who says yes the most. Oh wait, we found him already. No coaching change.

Zhang Liao

Liked Posts:
If Cutler stays (and I think he will because no one will take his contract) I think it would be Shanahan.

Why? Because Emery would try to avoid another experiment and hire someone who already has experience in this league instead.

Besides Cutler and Marshall already know his system so there should be hope the Offense can be fixed next season.

I guess Shanahan would get a 2 year contract. Because this is also probably the time span Jay has left to prove that he can succeed in Chicago.

Would I like it? Not sure. But I guess I could live with that decision. However Shanahan is quite old. With the luck the Bears have he will pass away before the start of next season. lol

MaoTenDoo

Rabid Homer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Harbaugh may want more personnel power than Phil is willing to give up, but the FO would be window-licking stupid to pass on him if/when he becomes available.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Yah, one of the league's best offensive lines, a very deep and talented WR core, Vernon Davis-- matchup nightmare, and a deep backfield. That kap sure is working with little back there

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Yah, one of the league's best offensive lines, a very deep and talented WR core, Vernon Davis-- matchup nightmare, and a deep backfield. That kap sure is working with little back there

Lol aussie is cray cray

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Glad to see you guys got some sense! How anyone could even try and argue not to hire Jim is so mind boggling it's stupid. I don't know if some people like the idea of a coordinator and not knowing what he could bring, but I'll take Jimmies record and Super Bowl apperance over anyone else.

I'd be so pumped if they got Harbaugh. Man, that would make my day as a Bears fan.

Agreed with Harbaugh. The great thing is this would ensure with certainty that Cutty is done in Chicago. Harbaugh might strangle the turnover machine if he remained. There is a better chance of the Bears trading for Hometown Jimmy than Cutler remaining the starter with Harbaugh working out HTJ at his pro day. So that combined with Harbaugh ' s track record and I am all in. I know you like that, bitch lol.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And if not Jim, I think David Shaw would make a good coach in the League.

That's my guy also:)

Reactions: 1ke

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You guys, like me, better root for SF to miss out on the playoffs. If they miss out, I think its sure fire sealed and delivered. I have no reason to think this. Just have a feeling of them missing it, and the Bears so far out of it, that going after Jim will be Phil's only move. Albeit, giving up some personnel power.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Harbaugh is a good coach. Unfortunately though, the BEARS have a type. Look at the last 3 coaches: Jauron, Lovie, Trestman. They're all cut from the same cloth. Meek, mild-mannered types who don't rock the boat. Harbaugh doesn't fit that mold. I'd love him as the next coach, but I just can't see it happening.

I think Harbaugh would like to come to Chicago but the way he is built he would want to control personnel decisions. That's the conflict he has now with the 9ers organization.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

He made at least one bad decisiion. Getting rid of Smith and putting Colin Kaep in at QB.

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:

This is spot on! The fact we didn't hire Arians is mind boggling. He was the perfect fit. Trestman, emery, Angelo lovie and jauron are all the same and that's what ownership wants. They don't want another ditka

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Considering his history I think Harbaugh would be more likely to take the Raiders job than the Bears simply because it allows him to stay in Cali where his family is comfortable. If he did however decide on leaving the west coast and he decided against going back to Michigan, the Bears are an attractive gig despite recent failures.