So who's our next coach?

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
Seriously, with only 4 weeks left in this shit show, I think we can begin talking about it in earnest.

Anyone want to step up with an idea, so they can say "I told you so" later?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Todd Bowles, DC Arizona
Dan Quinn, DC Seattle
Matt Patrician, DC NE

Adam Gase, OC Denver
Darrel Bevell, OC Seattle

College Options

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Todd Bowles, DC Arizona
Dan Quinn, DC Seattle
Matt Patrician, DC NE

Adam Gase, OC Denver
Darrel Bevell, OC Seattle

College Options

I agree with this list. These are some serious names floating around. I would be happy with either one of those.

sewie

Liked Posts:
Darrell Bevell is a terrible choice. I unfortunately have to watch nothing but Shehawk games due to me living here in Washington state. He isn't no different then Trestman. Russell Wilson is what makes it looks good. Everyone here wants Bevell gone as much as we want tucker gone.

Rocky Marciano

Liked Posts:
Seriously, with only 4 weeks left in this shit show, I think we can begin talking about it in earnest.

Anyone want to step up with an idea, so they can say "I told you so" later?

I would like to see Gary Patterson (TCU) but with Emery here any coach that comes in will fail.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
I don't think Trestman isn't going anywhere. And if he were that would mean the whole thing is blown up, and we should start by asking who the next GM will be.

And Windy, why the hell would you hire anyone whose sole success at OC was with Peyton? We all know that it is nothing more than a title. And Seattle's O has been as conservative and as stagnant as any this year.

And Todd Bowles D with Phily wasn't good. He's really only had one very good season as a DC, so I wouldn't rush to hand him a HC gig. He may prove to be a great DC and one day HC, but I'd wait to see more.

People are quick to blame Trestman for this season, when Emery is far more at fault. I'd rather see a new GM give Trest one more year, than see Emery stay while firing Trest. Though, I'm willing to give them both one more season... if the right moves are made come off season.

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
Bowles is intriguing to me, but not sure if he's ready. No thanks on Bevell...not impressed with Seattle offensively, and I'm not sure he'd be able to bring a D coordinator with him to help on that side of the ball.

Please God, can we just have a real live football guy?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I would like to see Gary Patterson (TCU) but with Emery here any coach that comes in will fail.

That is an interesting name.

Kevin Sumlin is another name that has come up in the past.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't think Trestman isn't going anywhere. And if he were that would mean the whole thing is blown up, and we should start by asking who the next GM will be.

And Windy, why the hell would you hire anyone whose sole success at OC was with Peyton? We all know that it is nothing more than a title. And Seattle's O has been as conservative and as stagnant as any this year.

And Todd Bowles D with Phily wasn't good. He's really only had one very good season as a DC, so I wouldn't rush to hand him a HC gig. He may prove to be a great DC and one day HC, but I'd wait to see more.

People are quick to blame Trestman for this season, when Emery is far more at fault.

I was just providing a list.

I am less concerned about whether they have always had a successful defense or offense.

I want them to profile as someone who can lead the entire team.

If Emery has to go, then so be it.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Why would you hire guys whose success at the collegiate level comes from running college Os that have proven ineffective at the NFL level?

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Darrell Bevell is a terrible choice. I unfortunately have to watch nothing but Shehawk games due to me living here in Washington state. He isn't no different then Trestman. Russell Wilson is what makes it looks good. Everyone here wants Bevell gone as much as we want tucker gone.

Well, that is good to know.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
I was just providing a list.

I am less concerned about whether they have always had a successful defense or offense.

I want them to profile as someone who can lead the entire team.

If Emery has to go, then so be it.

You should be.

A lot of this sounds like clamoring for change simply for the sake of change, while ignoring the real issues.

Rocky Marciano

Liked Posts:
Why would you hire guys whose success at the collegiate level comes from running college Os that have proven ineffective at the NFL level?

For Patterson, he used a ball control power offense with a strong defense up until 2 seasons ago when he changed the offense just as much for recruiting purposes as anything else.

He's a defensive coach at heart with a solid track record for motivation, discipline, technique and physicality.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Chip Kelly
Jim Harbaugh

Both guys never coached in the NFL and both have had success.

Good coaches are good coaches.

Unlike Trestman they adapt their system and improve it.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You should be.

A lot of this sounds like clamoring for change simply for the sake of change, while ignoring the real issues.

It is clamouring to not have a glorified coordinator that cannot command a team.

We just made the mistake of hiring an OC to fix the offense, but who sucks as a HC.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Weren't there Shanahan rumors a couple of weeks ago?