Moving Forward: Long to Tackle

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kyle Long is too good, too talented to waste away at guard/ Fuck Ola, Fuck my boi Mills. Long is the future.

He's smart, aggressive and plays his arse off. I know this won't turn a L into a W this year, but it's time to start evaluating and moving people around.

On a side note, even if Briggs is healthy, keep his sauced ass on da bench.

Happy Thanksgiving, ya'll...

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kyle Long is too good, too talented to waste away at guard/ Fuck Ola, Fuck my boi Mills. Long is the future.

He's smart, aggressive and plays his arse off. I know this won't turn a L into a W this year, but it's time to start evaluating and moving people around.

On a side note, even if Briggs is healthy, keep his sauced ass on da bench.

Happy Thanksgiving, ya'll...
why take an awesome guard and turn him into a bad tackle? how about we draft a tackle or bring in some quality free agents and leave long right where he is performing at a probowl lvl

DC

Donator
Liked Posts:
He's too talented, too BIG, and too smart to waste at GUARD. I get your point about not wanting to fix something that's not broke, but he will have a MUCH LARGER impact at Tackle. Much easier to find a guard than a tackle. The stud is right there in front of us! He will KILL FOOLS.

You can see that can't you?

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Exactly. You don't take someone that is good at their position and move them to a spot that they don't play. If we are having problems at tackle you don't solve it by putting a guard at tackle, you find a tackle that can do the job.

DC

Donator
Liked Posts:
Not as easy to find a tackle as you think...Guard is MUCH EASIER.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's too talented, too BIG, and too smart to waste at GUARD. I get your point about not wanting to fix something that's not broke, but he will have a MUCH LARGER impact at Tackle. Much easier to find a guard than a tackle. The stud is right there in front of us! He will KILL FOOLS.

You can see that can't you?

I hear what your sayin man but I say leave long alone and bring in 4 more guys just like him. just look at the turnaround in dallas with those first rnd pics all starting

DC

Donator
Liked Posts:
I hear what your sayin man but I say leave long alone and bring in 4 more guys just like him. just look at the turnaround in dallas with those first rnd pics all starting

Find four more Kyle Long's? Not happening man. Get your best players in the best position to contribute.

KingDarude7

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why move Long Suh didn't get passed him at all today.

DC

Donator
Liked Posts:
More impact players on Defense at DE than DT. You all know that.

We don't just "need a RT." We DESPERATELY NEED A RIGHT FUCKING TACKLE.

If Urlacher can move from S to MLB, Long can transition from RG to RT, lol.

Give me a fucking break.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why do you think he would become a bad tackle?

Not being argumentative, just curious as to why you believe that.

first he will be moved to a new position when he is already perfect for where he is so no matter what you are gonna be looking at a drop off in his play from the learning curve. so if that doesn't work out u move him back to guard right? well now u have fucked with his development and set yourself back on finding an actual tackle. better off to keep him where he is and find a tackle

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Having an All Pro OG is not a waste.

We need a RT, but I am not moving a guy who just got done dominating Suh to a position he might not be able to play.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why move Long Suh didn't get passed him at all today.

tumblr_lhet6xFxTq1qcsppc.gif

says a lot when they are moving suh around to get him away from long... and some people wanna move him fuck that I wish we could clone him

DC

Donator
Liked Posts:
More impact players on Defense at DE than DT. You all know that.

We don't just "need a RT." We DESPERATELY NEED A RIGHT FUCKING TACKLE.

If Urlacher can move from S to MLB, Long can transition from RG to RT, lol.

Give me a fucking break.

Do you guys really think there are more impact DTs than DEs in this league? You all really think it's easier to find a tackle than a guard? I mean, I get how some are annoyed with the fan's love of Long, but guess what? It's legitimate. Anyone that really knows football knows hes destined for RT, if not LT one day.

We have four games left and both OLA and Mills are shit. Time to start learning a new position, Kyle.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
first he will be moved to a new position when he is already perfect for where he is so no matter what you are gonna be looking at a drop off in his play from the learning curve. so if that doesn't work out u move him back to guard right? well now u have fucked with his development and set yourself back on finding an actual tackle. better off to keep him where he is and find a tackle

reread

Rocky Marciano

Liked Posts:
The best offensive lineman in the history of the game IMO was Bruce Matthews.

He played Tackle, Guard and Center all at an extremely high level and has the resume to back it.

I think Long is scary good and could make the transition and excel at it.

Ideally getting a high end tackle and not moving Long would be great, but if you can get the guards I have no fear of moving him to tackle, especially on the right where he can continue to maul with less fear of a harsh learning curve in the passing game.

DC

Donator
Liked Posts:
We're stuck with Jay for two more years. Can't complain and talk about him 24/7. This is one way we could possibly improve our team.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:

He played Tackle, Guard and Center all at an extremely high level and has the resume to back it.

Ideally getting a high end tackle and not moving Long would be great, but if you can get the guards I have no fear of moving him to tackle, especially on the right where he can continue to maul with less fear of a harsh learning curve in the passing game.

not saying he couldn't and and would not excel but id much rather see him stay right where he is and the bears build a badass line right around him

DC

Donator
Liked Posts:

Without a fucking doubt. Should we really draft another TACKLE in round one or two when you can find good/serviceable guards in FA?