Moving Forward: Long to Tackle

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
not saying he couldn't and and would not excel but id much rather see him stay right where he is and the bears build a badass line right around him

Again, easier said than done my man. Kyle Long's don't grow on trees.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
we know he is a pro bowl guard.

we know he can stonewall suh (who happens to be if not the best dt in the nfl right up there with the best)

so why risk hampering his development I say leave him there and get him some fuckin help

DC

Donator
Liked Posts:
we know he is a pro bowl guard.

we know he can stonewall suh (who happens to be if not the best dt in the nfl right up there with the best)

so why risk hampering his development I say leave him there and get him some fuckin help

More impact DEs than DTs. Easier to find a guard than a tackle?

He's the most talented offensive lineman we've had in decades and it would be a shame to leave him at guard considering how bad we are at RT...all imo.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
I feel ya man and agree about longs talent I actually was like da fuk when we drafted him but after about 3 games watching him I was like phil emery u fuckin genius...

personally I would leave him there and go after more oline talent in the draft or fa but that's just my opinion.

do I think he has the talent to make it at tackle hell yes but we know he is the man at guard so why mess with that

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Makes me think back to all the armchair gm's that called him a wasted pick. As for moving him, I like him right where he is but I do believe he could be a stud at RT.

DC

Donator
Liked Posts:
I just want you guys to answer these two questions:

1. Are there more impact DEs or DTs in this league?

2. Is it easier to find a guard or tackle in the draft and/or F.A.?

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
Do you guys really think there are more impact DTs than DEs in this league? You all really think it's easier to find a tackle than a guard? I mean, I get how some are annoyed with the fan's love of Long, but guess what? It's legitimate. Anyone that really knows football knows hes destined for RT, if not LT one day.

We have four games left and both OLA and Mills are shit. Time to start learning a new position, Kyle.

There is no reasoning on here dude, earlier you learn that the better. Just because A is great at something, he couldn't possibly be better at B, it's just not posdible, lol

F Rodgers

Liked Posts:
A stud center will do just fine!

DC

Donator
Liked Posts:
No legitimate reason or excuse to not start Long at RT immediately.

DC

Donator
Liked Posts:
Sober bump

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I feel ya man and agree about longs talent I actually was like da fuk when we drafted him but after about 3 games watching him I was like phil emery u fuckin genius...

personally I would leave him there and go after more oline talent in the draft or fa but that's just my opinion.

do I think he has the talent to make it at tackle hell yes but we know he is the man at guard so why mess with that

I think that it is easier to find a good guard than it is to find a good tackle. The logical thing to me would be to move im to right tackle as someone suggested. Mills either cannot handle tackle due to lack of talent or trying to play with an injury. I might try to give him a chance at center even.

Treehorn

Liked Posts:
He handled the best DT in the league yesterday. Keep him at RG to do what he was drafted to do, stop Suh.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
first he will be moved to a new position when he is already perfect for where he is so no matter what you are gonna be looking at a drop off in his play from the learning curve. so if that doesn't work out u move him back to guard right? well now u have fucked with his development and set yourself back on finding an actual tackle. better off to keep him where he is and find a tackle

Long is a great athlete. These kind of guys can pretty well adapt to most anything. Young guards evolve to tackle all of the time. The only question that I have is whether or not they move him to right or left tackle To me, right now, right tackle makes the most sense.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
More impact players on Defense at DE than DT. You all know that.

We don't just "need a RT." We DESPERATELY NEED A RIGHT FUCKING TACKLE.

If Urlacher can move from S to MLB, Long can transition from RG to RT, lol.

Give me a fucking break.

I think that Long made the Pro-Bowl yesterday. He not only contained Suh, he dominated Suh. Even the announcers commented on it. He is that good!

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like Bushrod, Slausen and Long moving forward. Need a center that can play up to their level and really can play ola or mills at RT and probably be fine

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
There is a reason it is rare for a guard to go in the top 10, yet there is always 2-3 tackles taken in that range. If he can play tackle, which he appears to be built for, you move him. My question is could Mills be a successful guard. He certainly has the size.

Reactions: DC

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Move Long to LT
Keep Slausen
New center
New RG
Move Bushrod to RT

Maybe Mills or Ola can fill a guard spot.

DC

Donator
Liked Posts:
He handled the best DT in the league yesterday. Keep him at RG to do what he was drafted to do, stop Suh.

Cool, we play the Lions twice a year. What about the the rest of the NFL and the DEs?

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's too talented, too BIG, and too smart to waste at GUARD. I get your point about not wanting to fix something that's not broke, but he will have a MUCH LARGER impact at Tackle. Much easier to find a guard than a tackle. The stud is right there in front of us! He will KILL FOOLS.

You can see that can't you?

waste at guard?

see
220px-Steve_Hutchinson_and_B.J._Raji.jpg