Trestman was on to something...

cbfan

Liked Posts:
5 or 6 more WR screens. And the Bears would have won that game.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Eventually the Lions would start to overthink it. Like, "They aren't going to run a screen on every down..... right?"

And then BAM! Screen pass for a TOUCHDOWNNNNNN!!!

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Looked brilliant in the first 2 drives...

Really thought he was using that to help setup the inside running game but I was wrong.

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
"Cutler threw a career-high 13 screen passes...."

WOW.......

Trestman's status as 'qb whisperer' is likely overstated....lol...

BEARS

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Really thought he was using that to help setup the inside running game but I was wrong.

Forte ran the ball 5 times.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Forte ran the ball 5 times.

I know...that's why I was wrong in thinking at the time that they would go to the running game after those 2 drives where the screen game was being used effectively.

Trestman was so scared of the Lions front 7 and pass rush. A little too much.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love all the herp and derp whining over the short passing game Trestman is currently trying to utilize to keep this team competitive. Because obviously having Cutler audible every time he saw 1 on 1 coverage and sling it deep was working out sooooo well for us... :rolleyes:

http://nflsavant.com/game.php?team_code=NE&team_id=0810&stype=REG&year=2014

The Pats employ the short passing game WCO just as much as the Bears, have one of the leagues best offenses, and passed 53 times last week vs Detroit.

They have Tom Brady executing their dink and dunk offense, we have Cutler. They have a good defense, we don't.

It's not rocket science folks. The WCO didn't suddenly stop working, plenty of teams utilize the short passing game just fine. It's the players.

Upgrade the QB and defense and we'll see better results.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
I love all the herp and derp whining over the short passing game Trestman is currently trying to utilize to keep this team competitive. Because obviously having Cutler audible every time he saw 1 on 1 coverage and sling it deep was working out sooooo well for us... :rolleyes:

The Pats employ the short passing game WCO just as much as the Bears, have one of the leagues best offenses, and passed 53 times last week vs Detroit.

They have Tom Brady executing their dink and dunk offense, we have Cutler. They have a good defense, we don't.

It's not rocket science folks. The WCO didn't suddenly stop working, plenty of teams utilize the short passing game just fine. It's the players.

While I agree with you that we need a new QB and defense....New England doesn't call 13 SCREEN plays a game. A short passing game and a screen are slightly different.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:

It's kind of hard to see a game plan through to its end when you have Cutler under center.

Milton Waddams

Liked Posts:
Worked so good for crowton back in the day it's working good for the trestman lol

A perfect comparison to Trestman, btw. Crowton's offense was impressive in '99. Jim Miller to Marcus Robinson was fun to watch. It seemed like the BEARS finally had an O. The following season, teams knew exactly how to shut it down and they did. Sounds familiar, no?

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Since when did Broc stop being a Fuckler dick sucker? I didn't get the memo.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Since when did Broc stop being a Fuckler dick sucker? I didn't get the memo.

This season. It's the straw that broke my back. It's simply impossible to defend the guy at this point. This was a make or break year for him and to say he's failed to impress is putting it mildly. The table was set for him. Second year in a QB friendly system, surrounded by talent, no more excuses.

Has he shown any improvement? No, none what so ever. Same old Jay, same old mistakes, same set of excuses. But now everyone wants to scapegoat Trestman for Cutler's failure to deliver and step up this season. Just dumb.

Cutler and his turnovers are the single biggest reason why the Bears lost the Bills, Carolina, Miami, and 1st GB game and are out of playoff hunt. Trestman's gameplans and playcalls didn't commit those turnovers and cost us those games. The regression of this offense lies squarely on the shoulders of Cutler. He's the guy operating it on gameday. The WCO didn't suddenly stop working.

How many defensive players have to openly laugh about watching the Bears film and noticing Cutler stares everyone down before people will accept it's not the plays that are predictable, it's the fucking QB and his pre-determine where to throw, lock on to primary WR, and stare it down tendencies. Just watch where Cutler's staring and jump the route. Must be an easy week of game planning for every D that faces us.

1 on 1 matchup on the outside, better audible and sling it deep... oh shit another incompletion. Gee wonder why we can't sustain any drives. Ok well guess we better dial it back some and take away the audible options and go to the short passing game to try and keep the offense on the field more and protect the shitty defense. Oh never mind that doesn't work either because he's still captain telegraph so every play is a struggle to complete and one mistake or penalty kills a drive.

He finally came out today on the first series and was decisive and quick getting rid of the ball and oh wow imagine that we go right down the field and score. What a shocker. Shame that decisiveness and accuracy as usual couldn't last the entire game. But yeah, it's easier to just blame it on Trestman and act like things would be different if we had just hired Arians. Yeah, he'd totally have Cutler playing like a completely different person.

So yeah, I'm done defending Cutler. This season proved beyond a doubt that he's the problem, not everyone else around him.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Scapegoat trestman lmfao they are both shit. History shows why trestman as a coordinator didn't last on a team more then two years. Maybe you need to do some fucking research. The guy been in exile for years cause he stinks. And the facts about cutler have been out for a few years now. If it took until now for people to realize he isn't shit that's your issue not everyone else's. Not everyone subscribes to let's give the losers one more year for gelling

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:

The difference is, the Pats hit their receivers in stride..Bears receivers run down, turn around and wait for the ball..The D has adjusted

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:

It didn't look brilliant. It just happened that our receivers broke a shit load of tackles against a top defense. That was the players over coming the play calling.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:

i thought it was being used to bring the CB's up into press coverage where our big-ass receivers could fight off Detroits weak DB's and get some intermediate routes working.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
If they are going to run so many WR screens, they should at least have a counter for when the defense starts playing it tighter, like, I don't know, maybe a FAKE screen where the quarterback pump fakes and throws over the top to the other receiver who's running down field..