Forte knows why Bears suck, he just won't tell

inchibearfan

Liked Posts:
Additionally, I did not see any quarterback in last years draft nor do I see one in this upcoming draft that I can say will be equal to or better than Cutler. Hopefully we can find one, but I wouldn't count on it.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
On the plays Forte was kept in to block he whiffed on pretty much any attempt to block. Maybe he needs to search his own ass also instead of calling out anyone

And marshal with all his shit talking should remain quiet with all his drops I've noticed this season

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's unwise for an organization to trade multiple 1st round picks for a QB just to be "a Guy" and not "The Guy". Jay Cutler is just "a Guy" on the Bears, and unfortunately the roster has a crap load of them.

And Emery compounded the problem 10 fold by giving him 150 million dollars.

Nobody thinks Jay is playing great but it was effectively a 3 year contract that you can get out of if traded (yes, someone would) and when you haven't had a 'guy' to play the position for so long, you do whatever is needed to get one. He hasn't developed as hoped. Doesn't mean it was a bad idea. It's not like Chicago was the only team willing to give a couple ones for him. There were reportedly more but the other team in contention was Washington due to having a serviceable trade like we did.
Since then , they've used a 1 on RG3, have started Rex, Colt McCoy and a washed up McNabb. Also Cousins who was a message board darling here before showing his true self. They'd have been better off with Jay. Doesn't make Jay a good get but it could actually have been worse on a team that has shown itself to be worse with QBs.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
disbelief.gif

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
The question we should be asking is what does this team do right? There are a handful of players that play well from week to week. Our offense is pathetic giving how much money we have tied up in it. Our DLine is bad considering the amount of money we spent on a couple of guys. We have an absolutely TERRIBLE linebacker group!!!

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
I suppose it's possible he was referring to defensive players but I'm thinking he meant Cutler.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Post game Forte says that the team is underachieving, okay nothing new here. Then he adds that some people need to do some soul searching and determine how they want to finish the year. He further goes on to say that he will not single anybody out.

You put it all together and Forte is obviously calling out one or more players on the offense. It's obviously the offense because offensive players worry about the offense and vice versa with defensive players. It's obviously players and not coaching in his mind because he is eluding to effort on the field. So who could it be?

Perhaps it's the O line but outside of Long, they just aren't that good and I would label them in the suck category over the underachieving one. Perhaps it's Cutler and I do think that he could be one of the culprits in Forte's eyes, he has definitely under achieved. But most of all I wonder if he is really wanting to call out none other than Brandon Marshall. Marshall, the same guy who got in Forte's face on the sideline a couple years ago during a loss that many speculated was over Forte's lack of anger over the loss. The same Marshall who blew up after a loss to the Dolphins and was very colorful in the locker room. The same Marshall who now has more and more balls bouncing off his hands, cutting some routes off when they are down, not playing with the same passion or enthusiasm he is when things are going well or we are winning. Marshall is starting to look at times like dare I say a quitter.

I might be reading to much into this and if not there obviously are plenty of other things wrong with this team and why we are where we are today. But Forte is a guy who plays the same whether they are winning or losing, above .500 or below .500 and he is asking the same from his teammates. When I see Marshall ever since that 2nd Packer game I have seen lapses in effort and desire, ironic that Marshall got in Forte's face over that perceived same thing 2 years ago. Maybe Marshall is overlooked as being a big part of what's wrong with the offense. Maybe Forte should be the loudest voice in that locker room.

Everyone in that locker room knows who's to blame for whatever problem the Bears are having but nobody will come out and say it of course they'll just make the type of comments that Forte made cause that's the professional way to do it.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Actually, I meant Wilson and his failure to be the savior he was expected to be.

Who the hell expected Wilson to be the savior?? It damn sure wasn't me and i think it's laughable that anyone would think that.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Additionally, I did not see any quarterback in last years draft nor do I see one in this upcoming draft that I can say will be equal to or better than Cutler. Hopefully we can find one, but I wouldn't count on it.

Nobody knows beforehand. This whole idea that we should just stick with Cutler until there's an absolute once in a generation can't miss prospect is illogical. These players are usually drafted #1 overall. You don't need a P Manning or A Luck prospect to get better. Cutler sucks. There have been plenty of better QBs drafted since he was that weren't in that "can't miss" category. If fact, Luck is pretty much the only can't miss guy that's come out since then. It doesn't have to be that. There are no guarantees in the draft but you have to try, and keep trying.

Bearfanfromnewjersey

Liked Posts:
To be honest I'm sick of Marshall this year. Too much talking and not enough doing. Tv shows, unnecessary press conference, signing his contract on a tv talk show. How about catch some balls and run some better routes.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
To be honest I'm sick of Marshall this year. Too much talking and not enough doing. Tv shows, unnecessary press conference, signing his contract on a tv talk show. How about catch some balls and run some better routes.

Yep, Marshall needs strong leadership. A firm but fair boss to keep him in line.

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
Dont go making sense now...Just let the ignorant fool continue. Im sure others will chime in with similar sentiments

I got blasted for 12 pages yesterday for trying to maje this point, it doesn't go over very well on here.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
some amazing deductions watson. He was obviously referring to Wilson.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Perhaps the thread title was not the most accurate, everyone knows they suck and we can all pretty much agree why. But Forte is eluding to a player/players giving less then full effort. A leopard doesn't change his spots and ugly Marshall has been rearing his head for the first time in Chicago.