Forte knows why Bears suck, he just won't tell

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Post game Forte says that the team is underachieving, okay nothing new here. Then he adds that some people need to do some soul searching and determine how they want to finish the year. He further goes on to say that he will not single anybody out.

You put it all together and Forte is obviously calling out one or more players on the offense. It's obviously the offense because offensive players worry about the offense and vice versa with defensive players. It's obviously players and not coaching in his mind because he is eluding to effort on the field. So who could it be?

Perhaps it's the O line but outside of Long, they just aren't that good and I would label them in the suck category over the underachieving one. Perhaps it's Cutler and I do think that he could be one of the culprits in Forte's eyes, he has definitely under achieved. But most of all I wonder if he is really wanting to call out none other than Brandon Marshall. Marshall, the same guy who got in Forte's face on the sideline a couple years ago during a loss that many speculated was over Forte's lack of anger over the loss. The same Marshall who blew up after a loss to the Dolphins and was very colorful in the locker room. The same Marshall who now has more and more balls bouncing off his hands, cutting some routes off when they are down, not playing with the same passion or enthusiasm he is when things are going well or we are winning. Marshall is starting to look at times like dare I say a quitter.

I might be reading to much into this and if not there obviously are plenty of other things wrong with this team and why we are where we are today. But Forte is a guy who plays the same whether they are winning or losing, above .500 or below .500 and he is asking the same from his teammates. When I see Marshall ever since that 2nd Packer game I have seen lapses in effort and desire, ironic that Marshall got in Forte's face over that perceived same thing 2 years ago. Maybe Marshall is overlooked as being a big part of what's wrong with the offense. Maybe Forte should be the loudest voice in that locker room.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
The O-line isn't great, but it's more than adequate. And Marshall will be fine. He's played on shitty teams before.

I think all here know who my guess would be.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Actually, I meant Wilson and his failure to be the savior he was expected to be.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The O-line isn't great, but it's more than adequate. And Marshall will be fine. He's played on shitty teams before.

I think all here know who my guess would be.

Bushrod is adequate, Long is very good, the rest of the current O-line is below average.

Marshall is good when the times are good but he is not the same when times are bad. When we are lead on offense by Cutler and Marshall perhaps it's no wonder we are a dysfunctional bunch.

To pin 100% of the blame on Cutler for why the Bears are where they are today is like saying we are an offensive HC away from being a contender. There are many layers as to why we are where we are.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
As far as the team overall, no not 100% to blame, Tucker's still DC. And let's not forget Joe D. though STs have been better it seems.

But as far as O goes, poor QB play is at least 90% at fault, everything trickles down from that position. The O-line isn't nearly as bad as people want to make out. It's average at worse. Remember the o-line a few years ago? That was a shit line and a legit reason for O struggles. That's no longer the case.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Marshall got in fortes face?

2 years ago, loss against the Pack Marshall was livid and had to be separated by teammates because he was jaw jacking Forte on the sidelines. Many speculated that Forte didn't appear upset enough about the defeat.

*correction, it was against the Niners in 2012

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
As far as the team overall, no not 100% to blame, Tucker's still DC. And let's not forget Joe D. though STs have been better it seems.

But as far as O goes, poor QB play is at least 90% at fault, everything trickles down from that position. The O-line isn't nearly as bad as people want to make out. It's average at worse. Remember the o-line a few years ago? That was a shit line and a legit reason for O struggles. That's no longer the case.

If the O Line constantly get penalized and wipe out big plays and forces weapons like Bennett and Forte to block and therefore limiting your options, it is below average. A big reason our downfield game has suffered is because the line stuggles to sustain blocks without penalty. One could argue Cutler getting touched too often contributes tu his fumbles. Injuries have contributed and they is why it has taken a big step back from last year. It was much imore penalized than last year and that is one thing you CAN'T pin on the QB.

BuhBuhBuhBears

Liked Posts:
Both the oline and QB are total horseshit and the poor play of both forces us into this bullshit, neutered west-coast abomination of an offensive scheme. There are two good players between the QB, oline, and TE positional groups. The rest of the players are below average at best. The talent on this offense is overrated in general by this board.

I can only hope Forte is calling out players in those groups. No reason to even consider the defense or ST, those guys are just hopeless.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
Everyone on offense knows Cutler is the weak link.
ere
It's like finding out your co-worker got a 350pct raise, the stakes, expectations and criticism go up when one is given that sort of raise

The Bears made the Super Bowl with rex Grossman. It is called complimentary football. Other than perhaps Forte and Long, no Bear is n playing well enough to be scapegoating. Marshall and Bennett cant blame the qb when their drops and penalties stop drives. Neither can the line. It is telling Kyle Long has Cutler's back.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
Name a single game when Cutler was the difference maker? It's a rarity. He's won 1 game vs the Packers in his career in the regular season. Taken one single team to the playoffs in his soon to be 10 years in the league.

Just maybe that is your mistake right there. Expecting one guy to be the difference. This is a team game. The QB is the focal point but he is dependent on his teammates. I can name several games where Cutler was the difference maker. But he should not have to be the only one. If it only came down to the Qb, Manning and Rodgers would have more playoff success too. Conversely, a turnover does not have to be a tragedy. Cutler gave the Bears a 28-20 lead against GB last year with 5 minutes left He did his job. Is it his fault the D and Conte gave it away?

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
It's unwise for an organization to trade multiple 1st round picks for a QB just to be "a Guy" and not "The Guy". Jay Cutler is just "a Guy" on the Bears, and unfortunately the roster has a crap load of them.
d
That is what happens when you are bad at drafting. You hope a Hail Mary can make up for all of your past screwups. Cutler is paying for Angelo's past inepitude.

Angry Boomer

President Mayhem
Donator
Liked Posts:
Name a single game when Cutler was the difference maker? It's a rarity. He's won 1 game vs the Packers in his career in the regular season. Taken one single team to the playoffs in his soon to be 10 years in the league.

Just maybe that is your mistake right there. Expecting one guy to be the difference. This is a team game. The QB is the focal point but he is dependent on his teammates. I can name several games where Cutler was the difference maker. But he should not have to be the only one. If it only came down to the Qb, Manning and Rodgers would have more playoff success too. Conversely, a turnover does not have to be a tragedy. Cutler gave the Bears a 28-20 lead against GB last year with 5 minutes left He did his job. Is it his fault the D and Conte gave it away?

Dont go making sense now...Just let the ignorant fool continue. Im sure others will chime in with similar sentiments

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
d
That is what happens when you are bad at drafting. You hope a Hail Mary can make up for all of your past screwups. Cutler is paying for Angelo's past inepitude.

It was a hail mary in 09, and actually a justifiable call.

Re-signing him to his current contract was a front office Butt-fumble though.

inchibearfan

Liked Posts:
It was a hail mary in 09, and actually a justifiable call.

Re-signing him to his current contract was a front office Butt-fumble though.

They way overpaid for his talents, but a lot of other teams would have also. This is a quarterback deprived league and every team is looking for at a minimum an above average quarterback. The tag probably should have been used again instead of the contract, but the contract gives a 3 year out which is hopefully enough time to find a replacement. You wouldn't leave your job first because you are hoping to find a better one; you wait until that better job is found until you quit.