Trade Taj Gibson for another wing scorer?

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe not this season, but shortly down-the-road:

I'm starting to think that the Bulls would be best off if they traded Taj Gibson for a reliable/capable wing player/playmaker.

I love Taj Gibson and all, but I think Nikola Mirotic might be the better player in only a matter of time. He's living up to my expectations, and then some with his defense and sufficient rebounding (and all-around tough play for a European player).

Give the 3 of Noah, Gasol, and Mirotic an average of 32 minutes per-game. When a decent wing player becomes available, I say trade away Taj.

Goran Dragic is the best player that comes to mind of soon-to-be available wings. His minutes are down in Phoenix with Isaiah Thomas and Eric Bledsoe sharing time in the back court with him. The Suns could use a bit more depth and athleticism in their front-court and Taj would be a major addition for them. Win-win for both sides.

Minnesota has 7 players capable of playing the SG/SF positions (namely Martin, Wiggins, Corey Brewer, and Budinger- Young being a 3/4 hybrid). Taj might be a good name to help add toughness and athleticism to their big men. Pekovic lacks defensive prowess and Dieng is still pretty raw. Young is a little too helter-skelter to be a stable starting PF. Kevin Martin could realistically be open to be dealt for Taj.

Joe Johnson is another name that comes to mind for Taj. GSW have a overstock of small forwards in Barnes/Iguodala/Draymond Green.

The possibilities are endless.

Taj's trade value is not going to get any higher.

BearAttack

Liked Posts:
The Kevin Martin deal is an option but do you really think he's that huge an upgrade? Not an efficient player.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They wouldn't deal Dragic for just Gibson.

If the Suns fear they are going to lose him in free agency for nothing then it isn't out of the realm of possibility that the Bulls could package Taj and a bag of peanuts for him.

BearAttack

Liked Posts:
If the Suns fear they are going to lose him in free agency for nothing then it isn't out of the realm of possibility that the Bulls could package Taj and a bag of peanuts for him.

I think they would get more than that in a sign and deal.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think they would get more than that in a sign and deal.

It's possible they could get more, but Taj is a nice player and would really be an upgrade for the Suns. The Bulls have 4 capable big men and they can't play more than 2 of them at the same time. It would be better to have 3 capable big men and 1 more capable wing to put next to Butler.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Taj is barely worth his contract and nobody is going to give up much more than agreeing to pay for it.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Taj is barely worth his contract and nobody is going to give up much more than agreeing to pay for it.

Taj could start on the majority of teams in this league. In games as a starter the past two seasons, he's been a 20-10 guy every night with all NBA defense to boot. He's worth WAY more than his contract and I think every GM in the NBA knows that. Teams will be willing to pony up talent to get a player of Taj's caliber on their squad.

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:

When did the going rate for completing hypothetical trades go from a ham sandwich to a bag of peanuts? I'm behind the times.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'd do the trade if they can get Martin for three years. I've supported getting Martin since last year and this is even more pertinent because of the case with Rose. WIthout Rose they do not have a realistic well balanced offense. With Rose paired with him, the Bulls would be the best team in the NBA and if he goes down, they still could contend or win the east. Mirotic will need a bit more seasoning but by the end of this season he will be a top notch all around pf. Martin would thrive with the Bulls.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

That is so wrong in so many ways it defies seriously responding to it.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Only reason to trade taj is to free cap to keep butler this offseason

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Only reason to trade taj is to free cap to keep butler this offseason

We can do that regardless if we keep Taj or not.

Speaking of which, I'm loving that fact that so many people are eating crow over saying Jimmy's not worth $10-12mill per year. :rofl:

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Clone, even I'm high as fuck and I wouldn't make that statement. :smug2: