Trade Taj Gibson for another wing scorer?

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
The only deal that makes very little sense that I'd actually do would be Taj for Barnes & Speights. The deal would work under the CBA and make some sort of sense for both teams.

Now- I highly doubt the Bulls and the Warriors (especially the Warriors seeing they love Barnes as he starts over Iggy) would do this.

With all of this being said- the Bulls can't do this now because they really really need Taj. If 34 year old Pau or banged up Jo go down for an extended period of time....we're fine as long as we have Taj. Without Taj? We're screwed.

As much as I love Niko and what he could potentially become- he can't guard a chair right now. If we need 30-35 min a night from Niko we're in trouble at the 4 defensively...regardless of how incredible he looks offensively.

I could totally see the Bulls/Warriors pull of this type of move after the season, though.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
They wouldn't deal Dragic for just Gibson.

i think they would

Dragic is likely gone in FA

but really, do we need another white guy? :troll:

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
We can do that regardless if we keep Taj or not.

Speaking of which, I'm loving that fact that so many people are eating crow over saying Jimmy's not worth $10-12mill per year. :rofl:

Can and will are two different things. Do they think this team is worth luxury tax?

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Can and will are two different things. Do they think this team is worth luxury tax?

Umm... yes. This is the best Bulls team post-Jordan era and the NBA just signed a new TV deal which will dramatically increase the salary cap. I'm pretty sure the FO realizes that this is their window for a championship, and they will do what they can to keep this starting 5 together for the next few years.