Blackhawks Team Discussion Thread

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Honestly. I don't want to really trade much, what I'd love to do is be able to dump some of the parts that aren't going to be here much longer anyway and free up some cap room.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm pretty happy right now about hockey in this area (So Cal). In Ontario, Ca. a neighboring city, there is a King minor league affiliate called the Reign. It low minors. They announced a few weeks ago, that the Kings are changing their high minors affliate to Ontario which means that the almost ready guys are going to be playing out here. This is good news to me not only because I like to watch minor league hockey but also because I would guess that the Hawks high minors team will be coming out here on occasion?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
what do you guys want at the trade deadline? I really cant complain if we stand pat. Shore up defense?

I like the big guys behind the boards and in front of the net?

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rundshit, Rozy & Oshitya...awesome depth Stan.

You know, maybe give a guy like Dahlbeck, you know, his well earned full time chance up here?

Oh wait, we barely have cap room, dipshit.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Rundshit, Rozy & Oshitya...awesome depth Stan.

You know, maybe give a guy like Dahlbeck, you know, his well earned full time chance up here?

Oh wait, we barely have cap room, dipshit.

Yeah he had a couple prime opportunities only he failed. That bad depth of a random UDFA in TVR actually was playing far better so he got the role everyone thought Dahlbeck would get to start the year. If he stayed positionally sound, Runbdblad wouldn't of began looking like a much better playing option for now. He'll still get his shot next year... but maybe Pokka and Johns will actually be better too.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
#17 for Jimmy Hayes..meanwhile mr 4 millionz has one goal since Jan 11th.

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah he had a couple prime opportunities only he failed. That bad depth of a random UDFA in TVR actually was playing far better so he got the role everyone thought Dahlbeck would get to start the year. If he stayed positionally sound, Runbdblad wouldn't of began looking like a much better playing option for now. He'll still get his shot next year... but maybe Pokka and Johns will actually be better too.

When is TVR set to return?

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
When is TVR set to return?

He's almost 3 month's now.

Blackhawks defenseman Trevor van Riemsdyk skated Tuesday for the first time since fracturing a left patella on Nov. 16, according to Quenneville. Van Riemsdyk underwent surgery on Nov. 20 and was originally expected to miss 3-4 months.

“More of a light skate for him, first step,” Quenneville said of van Riemsdyk.

Van Riemsdyk suffered the injury when he was hit in the left leg by a puck on Nov. 16. He underwent successful surgery to repair the patella on Nov. 20. He was given a 3-4 month recovery timetable following the surgery.

“He’s on that timeline; he might even be ahead of that curve,” Quenneville said on Monday. “I think we had a forecast of about three months with him initially. I think now he’s at that turning point where all of a sudden he can start doing some more things with it and start more of the rehab process.”

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
#17 for Jimmy Hayes..meanwhile mr 4 millionz has one goal since Jan 11th.

Hayes is averaging 14:59 of ice time in Florida.

In Chicago, while playing in 55 games for the Hawks, he cracked the 15-minute plateau a grand total of FIVE times. He wasn't good enough to earn that much ice time on the Hawks. Now playing on a shitty Florida team, he's getting that ice time because that team sucks. He's got 17 goals and that's ranked second on the team because, I guess, someone has to score those goals for Florida.

If Bickell was skating 15 minutes per game in Florida, he'd be over 20 goals already.

Oh, and Hayes has a whopping FOUR GOALS since Jan. 11th.

jon-stewart.gif

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

In Chicago, while playing in 55 games for the Hawks, he cracked the 15-minute plateau a grand total of FIVE times. He wasn't good enough to earn that much ice time on the Hawks. Now playing on a shitty Florida team, he's getting that ice time because that team sucks. He's got 17 goals and that's ranked second on the team because, I guess, someone has to score those goals for Florida.

If Bickell was skating 15 minutes per game in Florida, he'd be over 20 goals already.

jon-stewart.gif

Guy's an idiot, dude.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:

jon-stewart.gif

So Hayes has almost twice as many goals as Bickell, because he plays two shifts per game more than him, on an inferior Florida team? While making $3.3M less a season? Uhh....yeah. I hate to agree with Capt...but none of that helps your argument. Quite the opposite, actually.

The Bickell contract is fucking awful and I will take Hayes over him every day and twice on Sunday.

I also HIGHLY doubt he would have 20 goals in Florida, but I'd REALLY like to see him give it a shot next season. :lol:

Variable

Liked Posts:

jon-stewart.gif

You're going to base this comparison off a couple of call ups Hayes had with the Hawks in his first two seasons playing pro hockey and splitting time with the Icehogs? Really? Because you're reading the stat line off hockey-reference wrong, he didn't play 55 games for the Hawks, he played 43. That 55 games with the Hawks you're talking about was the 2013-14 season, where he spent with only 2 games on the Hawks, 53 with the Panthers.

Might wanna double check things the next time before you get too gif happy.