Donator
Liked Posts:
brad richards improving as well. please keep that line together

Sent from My 1998 Palm Pilot Using Tapatalk

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
When Sharp comes back, time to put Bickell's soft ass in the press box.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
we need bickell. anyway...i hope Q doesnt break up the steeger/richards/kane line when sharp comes back

Sent from My 1998 Palm Pilot Using Tapatalk

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

Yea... Bickell is fucking brutal until late April.

Sharp can stay gone for all I care. Hawks are 8-3-0 without him and 9-6-1 with him in the lineup.

Q's random line generator will be hard at work when Sharp comes back.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

Sharp can stay gone for all I care. Hawks are 8-3-0 without him and 9-6-1 with him in the lineup.

Sample size, man. Sample size. I have a very, very hard time believing the Hawks aren't better off without their leading scorer from last season in the lineup.

Liked Posts:

Hockey players aren't just Goals and Assists, scoring can be rare. Bickell is a winner who knows how to play the game the right way. He is softer in season because its playoffs that matter; getting injured for being the aggressor and the fearless goalie screen in the regular season is dumb, something the haters like yourself need to understand. Hockey is brutal and come playoff time, having regular season softie bickell's health is crucial

Sent from my LG-C800 using Tapatalk 2

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Hockey players aren't just Goals and Assists, scoring can be rare. Bickell is a winner who knows how to play the game the right way. He is softer in season because its playoffs that matter; getting injured for being the aggressor and the fearless goalie screen in the regular season is dumb, something the haters like yourself need to understand. Hockey is brutal and come playoff time, having regular season softie bickell's health is crucial

I mean...yes and no. Bickell hasn't been doing a whole lot this year, both on the scoreboard and off. It is great that he has shown up for two years in the playoffs, but in the salary cap era, it is pretty important to have those $4mil+ players show up in the regular season as well. Stan did what he needed to in order to keep Bickell, who certainly peeked at the right time...but right now that doesn't look like a great contract. Toss in the issues that the salary cap may pose to the Blackhawks next year and most will see how important it is that Bickell actually show up in the regular season. Bickell needs to help position his team in a better spot for the playoffs, and the only way to do that is in the regular season. The regular season still matters, regardless of what many are saying. It isn't the end all be all...but it matters. Last change, home ice...they matter.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Really? So you do not think that Patrick Sharp makes the Hawks better? Really? I'd say 99% of people who know a bit of hockey would pretty much disagree with you.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Sure. I'd bet that thousands of young hockey players are being taught right now to play soft and play safe.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I mean...yes and no. Bickell hasn't been doing a whole lot this year, both on the scoreboard and off. It is great that he has shown up for two years in the playoffs, but in the salary cap era, it is pretty important to have those $4mil+ players show up in the regular season as well. Stan did what he needed to in order to keep Bickell, who certainly peeked at the right time...but right now that doesn't look like a great contract. Toss in the issues that the salary cap may pose to the Blackhawks next year and most will see how important it is that Bickell actually show up in the regular season. Bickell needs to help position his team in a better spot for the playoffs, and the only way to do that is in the regular season. The regular season still matters, regardless of what many are saying. It isn't the end all be all...but it matters. Last change, home ice...they matter.

Lets see. If regular season games do not matter, why play them at all? I suppose fans should not show up to watch good hockey because it really doesn't matter.

Variable

Liked Posts:
Sample size, man. Sample size. I have a very, very hard time believing the Hawks aren't better off without their leading scorer from last season in the lineup.

Better get used to that.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

As long as Q doesn't fuck up the top two lines I will welcome Sharpy back with open arms.

Liked Posts:
Sure. I'd bet that thousands of young hockey players are being taught right now to play soft and play safe.

Yea, actually they are. Same with football players. Concussions are a serious issue. They don't want or youth diving head first to block shots or play through concussions like I and other players did 10+ years ago. The way contact sports are being played in youth sports are gearing adolescents to be more finesse and use their brains over brawn. I played football and hockey and was the aggressive player willing to sacrifice my body to win. Countless concussions later ( were never taken seriously and i would never miss a game or practice) I'm showing signs of post concussion disorder. I can't remember shit I see three seconds prior. I forget my best friend and my girlfriends name. I forgot Floyd Mayweathers name and had to google Paquiao to remember it. I forget where i put my keys seconds after i put them down. Along with that i feel extremely depressed all the time and sometimes feel like I need to die... Hence why im talking to my doc about it. Having hallucinations and not being able to remember my moms name is scary. Yea i hope our kids play soft and don't ruin thier developing minds. I'm trying to Major in Business and i don't know if I am capable of it anymore because my brain turns to mush at the worst times. Waking up in a cloud everyday sucks as well. But please, let our children go hard for nothing

Shantz My Pants

Liked Posts:
The Hawks have a ton of prospects on Team USAs WJC team. Schmaltz is obviously the biggest name...

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
The Hawks have a ton of prospects on Team USAs WJC team. Schmaltz is obviously the biggest name...
And the funniest. :tiptoe: