Blackhawks Team Discussion Thread

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
While true, you'd like to get something of value in return. I liked a ton of things that Bowman has done in his GM tenure. That wasn't one of them.

Just an observation.

They also got Kevin Hayes and Justin Holl duh!! ..oh yeah nvm. But really it was draft pick flexibility, I've never been a fan of the strange mentality of You measure trades by the exact draft pick selection used when in reality all the time when you see teams acquire extra picks, they start trading around in drafts and with the picks in ways they clearly wouldn't of if they didn't have the extra picks.

biscuit_in_the_basket

Gigacore Fan!
Liked Posts:
While true, you'd like to get something of value in return. I liked a ton of things that Bowman has done in his GM tenure. That wasn't one of them.

Just an observation.

Can't disagree with that. But I am just going to take that trade at face value and anything else would be a bonus. Then again, I am easy to please.

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought this entire forum was the "Blackhawks Team Discussion Thread"?

Anyway, does Kaner still travel with the team or is he just chillin' in Buffalo, assaulting cabbies and what not?

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
This thread was always created by a former mod of this here forum. Never understood it myself.

You should can it, along with the winter-whatever thread. Pretty sure it's spring now, anyway. Plus it annoys me.

Any insight on the Kaner thing?

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
You should can it, along with the winter-whatever thread. Pretty sure it's spring now, anyway. Plus it annoys me.

Any insight on the Kaner thing?

Fairly certain he hangs out around the team facilities and goes to all home games but doesn't make any road trips while rehabbing.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If you dig deeper, Morin's departure means that the Hawks got pretty much nothing from trading Dustin Byfuglien after the first Cup.
Balances out for the 'hawks essentially getting Hjalmarsson for Karpotsev.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe old news, Kane has been skating with the team. He is still 7 weeks from the return to play date. I wonder if its possible to come back earlier, can some people heal faster or with that type of break does the full 12 weeks need to be followed.

Last edited:

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Maybe old news, Kane has been skating with the team. He is still 7 weeks from the return to play date. I wonder if its possible to come back earlier, can some people heal faster or with that type of break, or does the full 12 weeks need to be followed.
From what I hear you gotta make sure the bone is 100% healed otherwise it's a high risk for re-break. Within the playoff context we might as well make sure he can't be put out again.

That being said, I'm sure there will be plenty of Xrays making sure that bone is healed.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Different people heal at different speeds. He could very well come back early. He could also take the full amount of time. Only the x-rays will tell.

B18

Fresh Legs
Liked Posts:
@ChrisKuc: Joel Quenneville said Patrick Kane is making "excellent progress." #Blackhawks
@BHTVeric: Coach Q on Kane: "I think there's been excellent progress. That could be good news." #Blackhawks

Take it for what it's worth..

TCD

Liked Posts:
Whaaaaaats the deal with the hawks signing ben eager? Lol.

Just awesome on the merit of pure comedy.

Hahahhahahaha april fools day joke...i got burned. YES!!

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They need to get Kane one of these (if they haven't already). Speeds up the healing process.
fortius420.jpg

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
You may be on to something here, mikita. Something I've been pondering lately:

What if we were to gut Vermette and feed him intravenously to Kane? Could this be done? I doubt there's anything specifically prohibiting this in either his contract or the CBA.

:thinking:

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You may be on to something here, mikita. Something I've been pondering lately:

What if we were to gut Vermette and feed him intravenously to Kane? Could this be done? I doubt there's anything specifically prohibiting this in either his contract or the CBA.

:thinking:

perhaps, gut Timonen, too. My speed up the recovery by adding variety.

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
I don't want to be "that guy" but...

Michael Frolik has 18 goals and 41 points
Patrick Sharp has 15 goals and 41 points

TCD

Liked Posts:
Sharp don't give a shit he got his poontang and his two cups and knows hes gone next year. His mind is on the next dressing room wife tang and writting up his list of teams he will go to based on FB pictures of players wives from other teams.

Froliks monobrow is stuck banging gross hookers in Winnipeg.