Melo says Bulls were the "Perfect Fit"

czman

Liked Posts:
Of course the Bulls were the perfect git, the Bulls were not the perfect money. Everyone knows Melo took the money and the years. Old news.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
With the way gasol has been playing, it doesn't look like melo was worth the money.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Well, he's not wrong. He would've been a perfect fit for what the Bulls were looking for---a consistent scorer. Bulls would've likely been instant championship favorites.

That said, go enjoy your perpetual mediocrity in the Big Apple.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I have a feeling we lucked out

Some people want to win some want both money and win and some just are mercenaries just for the money. He is a straight mercenary hope he loves 6 years of wasting away at least he got paid

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Hard to say exactly how we'd be if Melo did come over, but we will have much more success this season and next season than his Knicks.

I just hope this team gets healthy and puts all the pieces together and we're a fucking force in the playoffs and can take the Eastern Conference this year.

the finnish ninny

Liked Posts:
Melo to the bulls: best move that never happened, IMO.
I have a hard time believing any team melo is a part of will ever win a championship. I feel hes going to join a long list of elite players who never won it all. Certainly not for lack of talent, hes got that, to go along with a penchant for alienating the whole organization around him.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Melo pretty much proved that guaranteed money meant more to him than guaranteed contending. The Bulls missed out. They'd pretty much be unstoppable with:

Rose.
Butler.
Anthony.
Gibson. Mirotic.
Noah.

I love Gasol and everything, but Melo is better. Probably not the better deal financially, but the better player and pretty easily.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
Melo pretty much proved that guaranteed money meant more to him than guaranteed contending. The Bulls missed out. They'd pretty much be unstoppable with:

Rose.
Butler.
Anthony.
Gibson. Mirotic.
Noah.

I love Gasol and everything, but Melo is better. Probably not the better deal financially, but the better player and pretty easily.
If we had Melo, would we even have the money to sign Butler this summer?

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If we had Melo, would we even have the money to sign Butler this summer?
if Reinsdorf wants to pay the luxury tax, yes the Bulls have the money to sign Butler given they have his rights.

Choisauce

Liked Posts:
would prob still take pau over melo based on price tag.

Melo is hands down the better player for sure, but pau allows more flexibility in cap room. Also, it's not like Pau isn't playing well....the dude is average 20 pts 11.2 rebounds and 2 blocks per game. That kind of production is all star quality for decent price tag.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
would prob still take pau over melo based on price tag.

Melo is hands down the better player for sure, but pau allows more flexibility in cap room. Also, it's not like Pau isn't playing well....the dude is average 20 pts 11.2 rebounds and 2 blocks per game. That kind of production is all star quality for decent price tag.
Pau has been awesome no doubt, but I don't think it's out of the question to think that Taj could have put up similar numbers starting if Pau was not here and we had Melo instead. Maybe less points because Melo would take 25 shots a game, but still.

It is what it is though. We're in a good spot as it is.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He should just shut his pie hole and play for his Knicks. Why bring this up in the first place? I confess that I wanted this guy and was disappointed that they got Gasol. However, Gasol is a steady good player nonetheless. And with the great addition of Mirotic, that duo is much better than Melo alone and at a much cheaper price.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
no shit....dude is dumb as shit.

I guarantee if he could have decided after game 1 regular season his year he would have chose different. Staying for loyalty is one thing until you have to play through a season like this, dude is going to beg to be traded.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
Pau has been awesome no doubt, but I don't think it's out of the question to think that Taj could have put up similar numbers starting if Pau was not here and we had Melo instead. Maybe less points because Melo would take 25 shots a game, but still.

It is what it is though. We're in a good spot as it is.
Taj averaging 20+ pts a night would be massive. I'm not so sure he could. I definitely am pleased that he wasn't pissed about not starting. It would suck to lose him.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Rose.
Butler.
Anthony.
Gibson. Mirotic.
Noah.

I think the Bulls missed out by not picking Deng back up

Rose.
Butler.
Anthony.
Gibson. Mirotic.
Noah.

I think the Bulls missed out by not picking Deng back up. He is a better 2 way player than Mike. I also think his numbers would be a bit better here then they are in Miami.

Also, I think Mike would give us more, coming off the bench.

It would also allow us not to need to play Jimmy so many minutes each night.

Rose
Butler
Deng
Gasol
Noah

Brooks
Hinrich
Dunleavy
Gibson/Mirotic
Mohammed (he would not need to play many minutes at all, as Gasol can play center).

Against 2nds, Brooks, Dunleavy, and Gibson can give you tons of scoring. Not to mention Nikola

Sigh... What could have been.

Rose.
Butler.
Anthony.
Gibson. Mirotic.
Noah.

I think the Bulls missed out by not picking Deng back up. He is a better 2 way player than Mike. I also think his numbers would be a bit better here then they are in Miami.

Also, I think Mike would give us more, coming off the bench.

It would also allow us not to need to play Jimmy so many minutes each night.

Rose
Butler
Deng
Gasol
Noah

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Of course the Bulls were the perfect git, the Bulls were not the perfect money. Everyone knows Melo took the money and the years. Old news.

Uh no, Melo didn't just go for the money. If he was smart, he would have signed a 2 year contract like LJ did. He would have lost about 14 mil for those two years, but would have easily made that up with a new contract after the TV deal and Bird rights. All while playing for a Championship. When you're a loser, you're a loser, period!