Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We couldn't sign Deng and Gasol and Mirotic...those numbers don't work.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think the Bulls missed out by not picking Deng back up

I think the Bulls missed out by not picking Deng back up. He is a better 2 way player than Mike. I also think his numbers would be a bit better here then they are in Miami.

Also, I think Mike would give us more, coming off the bench.

It would also allow us not to need to play Jimmy so many minutes each night.

Rose
Butler
Deng
Gasol
Noah

Brooks
Hinrich
Dunleavy
Gibson/Mirotic
Mohammed (he would not need to play many minutes at all, as Gasol can play center).

Against 2nds, Brooks, Dunleavy, and Gibson can give you tons of scoring. Not to mention Nikola

Sigh... What could have been.

I think the Bulls missed out by not picking Deng back up. He is a better 2 way player than Mike. I also think his numbers would be a bit better here then they are in Miami.

Rose
Butler
Deng
Gasol
Noah
This new Tapatalk sux

4SidedDie

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the Bulls missed out by not picking Deng back up

Rose
Butler
Deng
Gasol
Noah

Brooks
Hinrich
Dunleavy
Gibson/Mirotic
Mohammed (he would not need to play many minutes at all, as Gasol can play center).

Against 2nds, Brooks, Dunleavy, and Gibson can give you tons of scoring. Not to mention Nikola

Sigh... What could have been.

Rose
Butler
Deng
Gasol
Noah

I don't think those numbers would've worked out.
I think It was a stretch getting what we have now including signing Brooks and mirotic.
I would much rather have deng in the starting lineup and dunleavy coming off the bench though.

4SidedDie

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Taj averaging 20+ pts a night would be massive. I'm not so sure he could. I definitely am pleased that he wasn't pissed about not starting. It would suck to lose him.

Could very well lose him in a trade but if he was indeed starting I don't see why he couldn't average close to 20 and 10 a night when healthy. Especially with the offensive rebounds he's known to turn into points.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
Could very well lose him in a trade but if he was indeed starting I don't see why he couldn't average close to 20 and 10 a night when healthy. Especially with the offensive rebounds he's known to turn into points.
Good point about the rebounding. I was thinking more of those 8ft jumpers he always takes.
I wonder how much his offense would develop with him playing in a more demanding role.

4SidedDie

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He was averaging roughly 13 and 7 last year but I remember a couple games he was in the starting line up he was putting up 22 and 11 if my memory serves me correctly.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Why are people still talking about Deng? Jimmy is better offensively and defensively.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Melo pretty much proved that guaranteed money meant more to him than guaranteed contending. The Bulls missed out. They'd pretty much be unstoppable with:

Rose.
Butler.
Anthony.
Gibson. Mirotic.
Noah.

I love Gasol and everything, but Melo is better. Probably not the better deal financially, but the better player and pretty easily.

Despite what some fans will claim I don't believe anyone would walk away from an additional 50 million. You can't objectively blame him for that.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Melo's clearly not worth his current contract, the Bulls moved on and so should we.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Not on the Bulls he couldn't. With Butler emerging and Mirotic showing his great potential, there are only so many points to be scored. Put Gibson on a team like Minnesota, the Knicks, the Lakers, Celtics, Nets, etc. and Gibson could very well average 20 and 10. On any of those teams, Rose and Butler could average 22-25 easily. A great team like the Spurs is pretty much selfless and it looks like the way the Bulls are headed. I could very well see a starting line-up next year of this:

Rose ---- 18 pts 5 assists 5 rebs

Butler ---- 20 pts 4 assists 7 rebs

Mirotic --- 15 pts 5 assists 8 rebs

Noah --- 10 pts 6 assists 10 rebs

Gibson --- 14 pts 3 assists 10 rebs

That is 77 points per game on average from the starters. Rose and Butler will score the most because they will play more minutes(hopefully for Rose). Gasol, Brooks, and Dunleavy as a group will average 25 per game and the rest will pick up the scraps.

Thing is that this team will average somewhere around 105 or so points per game. Points will slide amongst them as players get hurt. The great thing is that the top 8 guys have a lot of talent and play selfless basketball. Then, this doesn't even include McDermott either. He's got talent but hopefully will add to the equatiion. I see him as replacing Dunleavy off of the bench.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Good point about the rebounding. I was thinking more of those 8ft jumpers he always takes.
I wonder how much his offense would develop with him playing in a more demanding role.

He is a good mid range jump shooter. He also is not a big guy as power forwards or centers go so I do not think that he would be able to post up bigger guys. What he can do is to is take the guy inside or step back with the jumper.

Liked Posts:
What prompted this comment? Is Anthony just trying to let the Knicks and their fans a favor by foregoing team success in Chicago?

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why are people still talking about Deng? Jimmy is better offensively and defensively.
Uhm. Hmmm. Where did anyone say Deng over Butler.

It's Deng over Dunleavy. Jimmy at 2 guard, and Deng at SF.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Gibson with 3 assist? not likely

Bears93

Liked Posts:
Screw Melo. He was once one of my favorite players until this offseason. Now I'm very glad we got Gasol. I'd take Pau over Melo any day. This team we have if stays healthy is going to be tough to beat in the postseason.

CaptBears

Liked Posts:
Do people really think Butler would have emerged as a star this season with ball hog Melo on the team?

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
Do people really think Butler would have emerged as a star this season with ball hog Melo on the team?
They shouldn't. Jimmy definitely elevated his game as a result of more responsibility on the team.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Jimmy Butler has been what everyone wanted Melo to be for this team plus more, because Butler can actually play defense and pass.

Not to mention the money saved brought in Gasol

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Jimmy/Deng didn't work last year...they take up each others space

we need a upgrade over Mike but Deng wouldn't have been the answer

besides we couldn't afford to bring in Deng+Gasol+Nikola

plus the real truth is Deng wanted a change of scenery. he was pissed at how the spinal tap thing was handled and was offended about how Bulls didn't want him to play in the Olympics and instead get surgery on his wrist