"Jeff Tedford, Tampa Bay Buccaneers part ways"

cobbland

Liked Posts:
Possible Lovie and Martz reunion in Tampa???

By Marc Sessler
Around the NFL Writer
Published: Dec. 5, 2014 at 02:12 p.m. Updated: Dec. 5, 2014 at 02:28 p.m.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are parting ways with Jeff Tedford.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport first reported Friday that the team's offensive coordinator will not be part of the staff moving forward, per a source informed of the situation. The Bucs later confirmed that Tedford has been released from his contractual obligations to allow him to pursue other opportunities.

Tedford took an indefinite leave from the Bucs in September after undergoing a coronary angioplasty prior to the season. In his absence, quarterbacks coach Marcus Arroyo has served as Tampa's interim play-caller.

"The Buccaneers have been very accommodating to me and my family during this time and, while they left the door open for a possible return, I feel that coming back at this point would disrupt the trust and continuity that builds throughout the season in offensive meeting rooms and on the sidelines," Tedford said in a team statement.

"Marcus Arroyo, along with the rest of the offensive staff, had to step up and shoulder the load and they have done a great job under very difficult circumstances. I simply could not, in good conscience, become more of an obstacle to (coach) Lovie (Smith), to Marcus, the offensive staff and the whole organization -- after all they have done for me."

Tampa's offense has been hamstrung all season behind a shoddy offensive line and poor quarterback play from Josh McCown and Mike Glennon. Ranking 28th in the league with 18.3 points per game, the team's most promising development is the growth of rookie wideout Mike Evans.

With or without Tedford, the Bucs are headed for plenty of changes on this side of the ball when Tampa's ugly season is finally over.

The latest Around The NFL Podcast previews a busy Week 14 schedule and recaps the Cowboys' win over the Bears. Find more Around The NFL content on NFL NOW.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000439120/article/jeff-tedford-tampa-bay-buccaneers-part-ways

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
Martz is retired and the Bucanners have nobody besides their receivers who fit Martz scheme.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tough break for Tedford this season. Was really hoping to see him do some good things in Tampa

cobbland

Liked Posts:
Whoever ends up there as coordinator, they'll have an improved defense to lean on as they implement their system:

The Bucs' defense, though maligned early, has made strides as Smith's scheme has become more familiar to personnel. Entering Sunday, Tampa Bay had morphed into one of the NFL's top defenses from Weeks 8-12, ranking fourth in yards allowed (302 per game), fifth in passing (201.2 ypg), 11th in scoring (19.2 points per game) and 14th in rushing (100.8 ypg) in the span. The improvement is promising.

http://www.foxsports.com/florida/st...ordinator-jeff-tedford-heart-procedure-120114

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Real tough break for Tedford, hope everything works out for him. That Tampa squad is going to be pretty good, once they get the Offense sorted out. Find themselves a Qb, shore up the OL, and with Lovie's D they will be a strong contender for the NFC South.

1COBearsfan

Equinsu ocha
Donator
Liked Posts:
Real tough break for Tedford, hope everything works out for him. That Tampa squad is going to be pretty good, once they get the Offense sorted out. Find themselves a Qb, shore up the OL, and with Lovie's D they will be a strong contender for the NFC South.

Wasn't that the story of Lovies entire tenure in Chicago?

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
LOL he's let go of another offensive coordinator:

Terry Shea
Ron Turner
Mike Martz
Mike Tice
Jeff Tedford

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
pump the brakes on this breakout defense and take a look at the week 8-12 teams lol:

Vikings
Browns
Falcons
Redskins
Bears

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
some wanna scoff at Smith, If he repeats what he did here in Chicago.....he'll be in da SB

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
pump the brakes on this breakout defense and take a look at the week 8-12 teams lol:

Vikings
Browns
Falcons
Redskins
Bears

Gave up 407 to the lions today. They had few issues moving the ball against them.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
LOL he's let go of another offensive coordinator:

Terry Shea
Ron Turner
Mike Martz
Mike Tice
Jeff Tedford

Well, in fairness, the first four guys didn't have the health issues Tedford has. Shame though, I like seeing the college coaches do well in the NFL.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
some wanna scoff at Smith, If he repeats what he did here in Chicago.....he'll be in da SB

And lose. Then miss the playoffs 5 of the next 6 years.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
If only Trestman could be fired... then he'd be a nice OC candidate for Lovie to hire this time.