Blackhawks @ Predators IGT 12/5 @ 7:00 p.m.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Does it bug anyone else that Foley says, "Hawks win" after they put one in an open net? I mean they're up by two with 1:11 left. They haven't won yet. He's done it a bunch of other times too.

No but it bugs me when he thinks that overtime/shootout losses don't actually count as loses.

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
Does it bug anyone else that Foley says, "Hawks win" after they put one in an open net? I mean they're up by two with 1:11 left. They haven't won yet. He's done it a bunch of other times too.
He's been doing it for eons. At first, I thought it to be slightly premature and mildly annoying, but I got over it. The one overriding factor is that it's never once backfired.

Dammit, I better not have just jinxed it. :shifty:

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nice to see Darling continuing the streak and Hossa getting some. The Hoss has been one of my favorite Hawks players and he had to be frustrated. I expect him to catch fire. Its kind of like baseball shen a guy goes into a slump, hitting line drives at people, guys making great plays on them etc. Then they start thinking too much. I think Hossa tried to be too fine on his shots during his scoring slump.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nice to see Darling continuing the streak and Hossa getting some. The Hoss has been one of my favorite Hawks players and he had to be frustrated. I expect him to catch fire. Its kind of like baseball shen a guy goes into a slump, hitting line drives at people, guys making great plays on them etc. Then they start thinking too much. I think Hossa tried to be too fine on his shots during his scoring slump.

Still baffles me how Hossa has not won the Selke at some point in his career. I hate that the Selke pretty much goes to a center by default.

The good thing about Hossa is that even when he's slumping offensively, he's still the Hawks best defensive forward.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Still baffles me how Hossa has not won the Selke at some point in his career. I hate that the Selke pretty much goes to a center by default.

The good thing about Hossa is that even when he's slumping offensively, he's still the Hawks best defensive forward.

It's a wash between him and Toews, but I agree.

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
It's a wash between him and Toews, but I agree.
As do I. Watching the replays of beardly's goal last night made me slightly angry, because it was Hoss' hustling (what new) pokecheck from behind that caused the turnover. Everybody credited Dunc...who was also key, but Hoss wasn't mentioned once...not even by NHLnetwork.

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nope, no relation.

I'm glad so I don't have a reason to care for Fillip as Foppa was always my favorite player.

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

Mine too. In fact, I should still have an old #21 Avalanche jersey around here somewhere...

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm only going to post in the hockey forums.
I might need help bringing Mr. Couch over here.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Grimson moved me here after he took out the garbage cans.
He forgot my cushions.

What a bastard. Maybe we can get some at the Goodwill Store?

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

The good thing about Hossa is that even when he's slumping offensively, he's still the Hawks League's best defensive forward.
Fixed it for you.

And at this point of their careers, Hossa is still head and shoulders defensively above Toews--and that's not a knock on Toews. Right now this season Hossa's TkA/GvA ratio is 2.5:1 (he also leads the team in Takeaways by a sizable margin). Toews is 1:1 and 3rd on the team in TkA. Last season, Hossa again led the team in takeaways and had a TkA/GvA ratio a RCH under 3:1. Toews was 2nd in TkA (24 less than Hossa) and his ratio was 1.7:1.

In other words, it's like comparing Mark Messier to Wayne Gretzky.