Jeremy Morin is requesting a trade.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Fuck him. We'll take the draft picks if he's traded.. Its not like we're gonna stick the guy into our lineup when we've won 6 straight and 9 out of the last 10. What does he expect?

4SidedDie

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agreeable, last year before the play off push he provided some spark on whatever line he was on. It would just be sad to see some talent go, but if Q says hes not practicing hard then Q doesn't need him.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
I doubt he has any actual value even in trade -he has not proven anything in the NHL aside from a spurt last season, however I mean really -who is going to want him? The Hawks don't need him, and sending him down is just basically asking to lose the guy on waivers but I think also being on the hook for some salary... no point to that either.

Personally speaking Nordstrom plays the role a lot better for the line that he would be on anyway...

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Can't blame Morin for wanting more playing time as I don't see what else he can prove in the AHL. But it's also hard for to be upset with the Hawks for not playing him when the team is rolling like it is now.

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
There's always been something going on behind the scenes that has put him in Q's doghouse. When you play on a team filled with overachievers and achievers that continually try to overachieve (oww, my brain), you will stand out if you're effort is even slightly under 100%. There are plenty of teams that would like a good sized forward with some grit and (mostly hidden) skill.

I'm not sure how much can be obtained in a trade, but if the bag that holds the pucks is extra fancy, I say do it.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah I would tell Morin to stfu and wait.... I mean cmon you are on a team headed for another Stanley Cup run....a couple injuries and you could be back on the ice for that.

When Q gives you ice time, play better, otherwise stfu and sit.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
GOOD RIDDANCE

I can understand a young talented player being frustrated. Hopefully they will find a trading partner for him.Asking for a trade happens all of the time. If guy dogs it, that is something else but merely wanting to play is something that every good athlete wants to do.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can understand a young talented player being frustrated. Hopefully they will find a trading partner for him.Asking for a trade happens all of the time. If guy dogs it, that is something else but merely wanting to play is something that every good athlete wants to do.

But the guy can't play. He lost his spot to Carcillo of all people. I actually like Carcillo, but come on.

4SidedDie

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
But the guy can't play. He lost his spot to Carcillo of all people. I actually like Carcillo, but come on.

I'm actually liking carcillo's whatever stint this is in Chicago this year.
Either way he's a young player that gave a spark last year for us like how Sadd came outve nowhere. It would've been nice to see what he could do last year in the playoffs or even this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I'm actually liking carcillo's whatever stint this is in Chicago this year.
Either way he's a young player that gave a spark last year for us like how Sadd came outve nowhere. It would've been nice to see what he could do last year in the playoffs or even this year.

I don't know what got into Carcillo this season but I do not remember him being anything like this in his first stint in Chicago or at any other point in his career. Perfect guy for the bottom six.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This is actually pretty funny. I can't believe Morin is this stupid. If I'm not mistaken, he's out of options and if the Hawks send him to Rockford...he'll have to clear waivers which probably won't happen. This leaves Morin in No-where-land, USA. This franchise didn't climb to the top by being stupid so I'm fairly certain Bowman's been manning the phones. In other words, if they could trade him...they probably would have by now.

It doesn't get any better for him either as last years leading scorer is about ready to start playing.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Can't blame him. No real reason telling kids to wait their turn in today's sports society.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
if im morin i would feel blessed to be on this team. injuries happen, he could get playing time. send him to the worst team in hockey.

Sent from My 1998 Palm Pilot Using Tapatalk

4SidedDie

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
if im morin i would feel blessed to be on this team. injuries happen, he could get playing time. send him to the worst team in hockey.

That was almost the entire point I was trying to make. It's not everyday you're on a team that has a 1/4 chance to win the title almost every year. practice hard and when you get ice time make the most of it like last year.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Can't blame the kid. Especially at his age, it is important to get that ice time to help him reach his potential.

I see what you mean, but I think the kid just wants to play. He is only 23 years old he wants to develop and be the best player he can be and that won't happen sitting on the bench 8 straight games. If I were in his position I would honestly like to be on a bad team, but getting consistent ice time that lets me grow as a player.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
Actually Saad did not come out of nowhere and was iirc a second round draft choice. I don't blame him if it is true ... but I mean you cannot really say he will get his shot of the team gets injuries ... namely because the team has had injuries and he gets sat while watching Dainnault, Nordstrom, and Regin play - seriously at this point it must seem like not only does the Hawks need to have injuries for Morin to get playing time -- but in fact the entire winger corps out of Rockford would need to be banged up to.

I imagine he is probably thinking what the hell does he have to do to get a shot - the 'just be ready' thing probably only works for so long ...

that being said, I saw some guy writing that he 'thought Morin could bring a 2nd round draft choice' -which I think is a tad optimistic . . if they do ... great - but well ... I mean it might not be a guy that Tallon wants (innocent look).

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
That was almost the entire point I was trying to make. It's not everyday you're on a team that has a 1/4 chance to win the title almost every year. practice hard and when you get ice time make the most of it like last year.

I can see that side of it, but I can also see wanting to play on a team where top-line minutes are more likely to come by and, maybe, you can be part of what turns that team around.

Just a matter of perspective, really.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
I don't blame Morin one bit. At the end of the day, these guys have a short amount of time to make their living. This is very similar to the K Hayes situation where it isn't so much about their current contract, but setting themselves up for the next contract. Morin isn't going to set himself up for his next contract by sitting on the bench (where, on the Blackhawks, is exactly where he belongs for the most part with his play). Can't blame the guy for wanting to play and for wanting to better himself, his family/future family, etc. Morin has been given plenty of chances over the years (especially this year where he would have to go through waivers) but his inconsistent play isn't going to fly with Q behind the bench.