Embedding Projected Standings

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Does anyone know the correct tags to use to post an Excel or .CSV file on the boards so it formats correctly?

On another board I used to frequent, I would post daily projected end of season point totals and playoff matchups just for shits and giggles.

Normal standings are great to see where your team ranks but it doesn't take into account the total amount of games played.

Any help much appreciated... would love to start a similar thread here!

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Not sure if there is a way to do this or not. I am interested though.

Best bet might be to screenshot it and upload it as an image file unfortunately.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
Not sure if there is a way to do this or not. I am interested though.

Best bet might be to screenshot it and upload it as an image file unfortunately.

Good idea... I can do that too.

Hawks on pace for 114.2 points by the way. This would put them 5th in the NHL currently based on end of year projections.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Contact Crystallas, he's the admin/mod that deals primarily with coding and other technical issues for the site. He'd know that kind of thing.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
If they're google docs, I'll add a way to embed them.

[ gd ] DOC HASH [ /gd ] no spaces. The hash is the weird string found in bold. ie: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KqOj2dGlNaA-_kxUNqHK6ETiIlwaKXVzlIm_1e94ar0

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
If they're google docs, I'll add a way to embed them.

[ gd ] DOC HASH [ /gd ] no spaces. The hash is the weird string found in bold. ie: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KqOj2dGlNaA-_kxUNqHK6ETiIlwaKXVzlIm_1e94ar0

Thank you... I'll try this tomorrow and PM you if any issues.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
Google Docs is down... but here are the projected standings as of today:

70h05x.jpg

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think you're going to see many more 1-0 losses (Ducks) being handed out. The goal differential is a huge indicator that the Hawks are primed to win the Central. Nashville is very good, but I see them slipping into 2nd (the 2/3 home ice slot).

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm going to put in point percentage and projected record as well.

Let's see how accurate it really is come end of season, lol.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Grimson... it's all good that you are posting it and all but I'm pretty sure that the season ended a little while ago with the hawks not making the playoffs. I mean jax told me if they ended today the Hawks wouldn't make the playoffs. The season is already over.

R K

Liked Posts:
That last one is better as I think the points one is flawed as teams have games in hand. Hawks at even games right now with 2 wins would actually project more points as they'd be 1 ahead of the ducks.

Where as the Preds would be ahead of the Hawks has they would be 2pts up with their games in hand and wins.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
That last one is better as I think the points one is flawed as teams have games in hand. Hawks at even games right now with 2 wins would actually project more points as they'd be 1 ahead of the ducks.

Where as the Preds would be ahead of the Hawks has they would be 2pts up with their games in hand and wins.

It's the same formula with updated data. It's not flawed, it's the projected total based on current games played.

Percentage of Points Earned * 82

I don't have the knowledge to factor in strength of schedule. So it's not going to be 100% but it will be close.

R K

Liked Posts:
Got it, but accurate in that games played are un even. Meaning if the Hawks win their two games in hand with the Ducks, they would then be projected higher in points. I think I've confused myself here haha