***** BLACKHAWKS FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT ******

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
This isn't going to be news to some of you, but I wanted to get something posted just to keep everyone aware of something pretty cool that's ongoing.

Our fearless leader, Rush, is currently finishing a merger between these message boards and the ones at Indian Head Nation.

To my knowledge, this isn't going to effect anyone at CCS. I believe there's also some sort of database merging happening to allow their posters to have the same post counts and usernames as they had at the prior website.

I clicked around at IHN recently and there was some good Hawks discussion, similar to what we've had going here. I think both groups are going to be benefit from this merger.

To the new posters: welcome aboard.
To the old posters: please extend a sincere welcome to the posters that shall be arriving soon.

I've already seen a few pop into conversation such as Samurai, Grimson, and LordKOTL and they've fit in quite well. I have little doubts the rest shall do the same.

Besides, we're all gonna be feeling pretty damn good come the second week of June, right?

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Also, there may be a mod or two added from IHN to help smooth over the transition. For the new guys, I've been modding here for about a year and don't think I've even issued a warning in this forum as the discussion tends to be pretty civil.

As long as you don't talk about banging somebody's wife/daughter/sister/whatever we'll be okay. There is a Code of Conduct that you can check out if you're wanting more details, but I think a pretty simple rule of "don't be a dick" should be easy enough for everyone to follow.

Feel free to post here or DM me with any questions.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
This isn't going to be news to some of you, but I wanted to get something posted just to keep everyone aware of something pretty cool that's ongoing.

Our fearless leader, Rush, is currently finishing a merger between these message boards and the ones at Indian Head Nation.

To my knowledge, this isn't going to effect anyone at CCS. I believe there's also some sort of database merging happening to allow their posters to have the same post counts and usernames as they had at the prior website.

I clicked around at IHN recently and there was some good Hawks discussion, similar to what we've had going here. I think both groups are going to be benefit from this merger.

To the new posters: welcome aboard.
To the old posters: please extend a sincere welcome to the posters that shall be arriving soon.

I've already seen a few pop into conversation such as Samurai, Grimson, and LordKOTL and they've fit in quite well. I have little doubts the rest shall do the same.

Besides, we're all gonna be feeling pretty damn good come the second week of June, right?

Thank you for the warm welcome! (Don't forget Variable is here as well... him and I have exactly seen eye to eye but he was a main poster at IHN)

We are quite the rambunctious group... but very knowledgeable about the sport and specifically the Hawks!

You should expect to see at least 15-20 new faces here once the merger is completed. Everyone is really cool and will fit in nicely here.

GOODBYE 4 PAGE GDTS... lets take up some CCS bandwidth!!

Glad to be apart of the CCS family now!

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I know next to nothing about hockey, but I'm glad to see activity in this part of the site increase. And maybe all you IHN guys can help me learn this sport properly. :)

Welcome to CCS and don't be afraid to jump into all the other subforums as well if you're into any other sports!

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
It's not perfect, but you can also select an IHN tribute theme in the 'Quick Style Chooser'. a drop down in the bottom left corner of the site.

Or click this link. http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/forum.php?styleid=77
Go to the style chooser and change back to something else, if that is what you prefer.

Full disclosure, I'm not going to work on the tribute themes any more. I wish I had time for it, but for what it is, I hope this small token helps you guys feel at home here.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's not perfect, but you can also select an IHN tribute theme in the 'Quick Style Chooser'. a drop down in the bottom left corner of the site.

Or click this link. http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/forum.php?styleid=77
Go to the style chooser and change back to something else, if that is what you prefer.

Full disclosure, I'm not going to work on the tribute themes any more. I wish I had time for it, but for what it is, I hope this small token helps you guys feel at home here.

Fucking awesome and much appreciated! We were all together for 5 years (as of May)... went through both Cup victories and have become very used to our layout.

Very cool that you could do something to ease the transition... thanks Crystallas!

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd like to chat with Rush to see if the old mods like myself and Mass are needed to help moderate the hockey stuff.
I was BHP on the old boards, and have been oldjello on many boards including this one.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Like others have pointed out in other threads, venture into the Bears and/or Bar forum at your own risk. Shots can, and most likely will, be fired at any time in there for countless reasons. Thick e-skin is recommended.

Welcome.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Like others have pointed out in other threads, venture into the Bears and/or Bar forum at your own risk. Shots can, and most likely will, be fired at any time in there for countless reasons. Thick e-skin is recommended.

Welcome.

And for the record for all IHN posters..... according to one CCS member.... 99% or half(=50%) of all Blackhawk fans are bandwagon fans..... which basically means Math is hard and all of us except for like 2 posters are bandwagon fans.... just another reason not to venture into the Fucktard Forum.... I mean Bears Forum.

I for one am happy to have some new active Hawks forum posters.... Welcome to all IHN folks who transition over.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I know next to nothing about hockey, and hope to learn from you all.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Hawks forum was the only one without trolls.

Good job Rush, way to go find some. You knew where they were all hiding eh? Uncovered that stone and look at em run!!

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Hawks forum was the only one without trolls.

Good job Rush, way to go find some. You knew where they were all hiding eh? Uncovered that stone and look at em run!!
No forum is complete without trolls

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do I need purple font here?

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
There's a varying range of fan.
Casual: Goes to see a game a few times. Usually harmless. Knows after one mistake of not waiting for the whistle. Usually you'll get a "Let's go Blackhawks," clap, clap, clap-clap-clap
The noob: Could spawn into a die hard or a Bob from Niles.
The "I went to games in Old Chicago Stadium" Sausage Head: Bobby Hull is god, nothing is as good as the old barn and he swears he punched a Northstars fan in '82. Crawford may or may not suck.
The Crawford hater: See Sausage Head above. Usually posts about how Cutler is similar in play, even though we're talking about two different sports.
Boom and gloomer: Hawks win 4 in a row, Kane is Hart worthy, Keith for another Norris, Hossa for Selke, make room for banner #6. Then... they lose. Trade everyone. What the fuck is Richards doing, Q doesn't know shit, the PP sucks balls, the team is a disgrace, trade Morin for a bag of pucks... wait.
The level headed fan: Understands hockey. May or may not have played, understands stats, trends, and sometimes doesn't wear emotions on sleeve, unless Matt Cooke is playing. Fuck that guy.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Casual: Goes to see a game a few times. Usually harmless. Knows after one mistake of not waiting for the whistle. Usually you'll get a "Let's go Blackhawks," clap, clap, clap-clap-clap
The "I went to games in Old Chicago Stadium" Sausage Head: Bobby Hull is god, nothing is as good as the old barn and he swears he punched a Northstars fan in '82. Crawford may or may not suck.
The Crawford hater: See Sausage Head above. Usually posts about how Cutler is similar in play, even though we're talking about two different sports.
Boom and gloomer: Hawks win 4 in a row, Kane is Hart worthy, Keith for another Norris, Hossa for Selke, make room for banner #6. Then... they lose. Trade everyone. What the fuck is Richards doing, Q doesn't know shit, the PP sucks balls, the team is a disgrace, trade Morin for a bag of pucks... wait.
The level headed fan: Understands hockey. May or may not have played, understands stats, trends, and sometimes doesn't wear emotions on sleeve, unless Matt Cooke is playing. Fuck that guy.
This is a great fucking post.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Can I add:

The Typical Chick Fan: Owns a Kane or Toews jersey... if she owns Kane her bestie owns Toews or vice versus.... their third friend feels obligated to be the Sharpie girl. Gets dudes to take them to Hawks games and besides their hockey jersey they dress for the game like they are going to the club. They will claim they are big hockey fans but they don't understand how offsides or icing works in hockey, which is ok, but cmon you know you are no die-hard fan. They fall into the trap of blaming the goalie for everything just like they blame the QB for everything in football. They will argue to the death that they "are not like all those other fake chick fans".

The Actual Chick Fan: They look the same, dress the same, and like the same players as the Typical Chick fan. However, they do actually know the game fairly well and they probably started watching hockey with a male influence when they were younger.... Brother, Dad, Grandpa, etc. There are like 1 of them for every 100 Typical Chick fans so they tend to blend into the crowd and will argue you to death that they "are not like all those other fake chick fans". They may own a jersey of a 3rd or 4th line player or a D man just to try to stick out.... Versteeg, Seabrook, Keith, Bolland(in years past), etc.