Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Anyone that thinks Q is untradeable needs to put down the Kool-Aid.

Unless you're going to get a pitcher of equal, or greater, value with an equal, or greater, value contract. What's the point?

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Unless you're going to get a pitcher of equal, or greater, value with an equal, or greater, value contract. What's the point?

The point is that you might be able to improve the offense at a position of weakness in baseball.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Right, but you don't deal from a weakness to help another weakness.

Trade Q and then you only have 2 decent starters..how is that better?

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:

I do not see our starting pitching as a point of weakness

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Danks, Noesi, Johnson, etc are not exactly great #4-#5s, and then if you trade Q they're your 3,4,5.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Danks, Noesi, Johnson, etc are not exactly great #4-#5s, and then if you trade Q they're your 3,4,5.

I understand there is some wild card to it, but I see Rodon as part of the mix. I am also quite ok with Noesi and Danks as my 4/5. Espcailly if I get this massive boost of an MVP candidate at 3b

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

danks is a fine 4/5 starter. you arent going to have a rotation 1-5 of 1s and 2s

Sent from My 1998 Palm Pilot Using Tapatalk

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Anyone that thinks Q is untradeable needs to put down the Kool-Aid.

On paper, certainly anyone is tradeable but for this year, it would be pretty stupid for them to trade Q, who I think is a top ten pitcher in the AL and the best number three starter also.

I would bet that right now, Hahn is looking for a number four young starting pitcher for Viciedo who would have enough value to get one. He is only 25 years old an can get better like Alexi did.I don't know who the Mariners have to be a trade partner with but I'd start with them along with the Yankees who need a power hitter.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
On paper, certainly anyone is tradeable but for this year, it would be pretty stupid for them to trade Q, who I think is a top ten pitcher in the AL and the best number three starter also.

I would bet that right now, Hahn is looking for a number four young starting pitcher for Viciedo who would have enough value to get one. He is only 25 years old an can get better like Alexi did.I don't know who the Mariners have to be a trade partner with but I'd start with them along with the Yankees who need a power hitter.

There is zero chance of a young #4 comnig in for Dayan. Come on now.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There is zero chance of a young #4 comnig in for Dayan. Come on now.

Sure there is. For example, the Mariners really need a power bat in the outfield. Viciedo is a power bat and is young.They've got a couple of pitchers that I would bet that Hahn is talking to them about in Leone and another guy Walker. Both had rapid ascents to the majors, both are right handed. Leone is being used as a reliever but started in college and Walker was and is a starter.

People downgrade Viciedo but 21 homeruns in the majors and having 3 years major league experience does have value. I'm telling you, if he can learn to lay off the high fastball he can be a decent major league power hitter.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

It isn't better. You build around the three guys at the top of your rotation. Fact is that the White Sox are very thin in starting pitching. They pretty much fixed their pen but really need guys 4 to at least 7 in the organization. I hate Danks so I wouldn't include him anywhere in the top seven needed. Others will.

As I see it, the White Sox have just a few guys who other clubs would possibly need that the Sox would give up:

1. Alexi --- He's still the plum of the organization and they have two viable guys coming up.

2. Viciedo - - Mariners, Yankees need right handed power. Won't be surprised if they do not trade him until spring training starts.

3. Flowers -- The market will never be higher than now for this guy.

4. Danks -- Yankees still like him. Get rid of his contract

5. Anderson -- Shortstop of the future. Has value

6. Watkins -- Power hitting left handed hitter. Would probably have to be packaged with someone else in a deal.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I do not see our starting pitching as a point of weakness

The problem is a big lack of depth and a farm system lacking quality starting pitchers other than possibly Rodin to fill a major league need.