The Rest Of White Sox Offseason Discussion

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cut this out from today's paper & just hung it up next to my bed.

10858610_10152928545967497_4254343586977418017_n.jpg

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Sure there is. For example, the Mariners really need a power bat in the outfield. Viciedo is a power bat and is young.They've got a couple of pitchers that I would bet that Hahn is talking to them about in Leone and another guy Walker. Both had rapid ascents to the majors, both are right handed. Leone is being used as a reliever but started in college and Walker was and is a starter.

People downgrade Viciedo but 21 homeruns in the majors and having 3 years major league experience does have value. I'm telling you, if he can learn to lay off the high fastball he can be a decent major league power hitter.

I love ya man...but you are crazy....Ventura is like Rodon for us

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not dissemble. Make it even better.

I see where you are going with this and I might do it if the Sox had some guys ready to move into the rotation but they really don't. I think Longoria is a very good player and would help the offense. However good left handed starting pitchers are pretty hard to replace. I'd rather see them add to that rotation rather than weaken it.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I see where you are going with this and I might do it if the Sox had some guys ready to move into the rotation but they really don't. I think Longoria is a very good player and would help the offense. However good left handed starting pitchers are pretty hard to replace. I'd rather see them add to that rotation rather than weaken it.

You have Rodon to move in to the #4 slot eventually taking the #3. The SP is not that thin.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You have Rodon to move in to the #4 slot eventually taking the #3. The SP is not that thin.

Rodon is an unknown still as being ready to pitch in the majors let alone moving into the starting rotation. Sale was tried as a reliever when they brought him up and then they stretched him out the next spring training and winter ball as a starter. My guess is that this is what they'll do with Rodon. Losing Q would leave them with two good starters and little else. They just will not do it.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There is zero chance of a young #4 comnig in for Dayan. Come on now.

I thought that I posted a reply to you yesterday but I guess it went into the bit bucket.

Viciedo has value. He is still only 25 and has three years of major league experience under his belt. Alexi improved his hitting after they brought him over and he was more experienced in the Cuban leagues. There also are not a lot of power hitting outfielders on the market right now.

The Mariners need a right handed power hitting outfielder. They would love to bring Viciedo into their line-up. The question will be who Hahn sets his sights on. I did a little research and I like two guys who made their club last year. Both are young right handed pitchers.

One guy is Dominic Leone who is a bull dog right hander, stocky, 5'11" and 210#. Came in as a reliever but was a starting pitcher at Clemson. The other is a guy named Walker, who pitched at LSU I believe who is 6'3" or so and 220# and started some games for the M's last year. Both of these guys are in their early 20's, had a rapid climb to the majors, and produced when they made it there.

I think that something like this can happen, if not with the M's then some other club who can use a right handed hitting power bat. Viciedo gets a lot of grief but once again...... he's only 25 years old. Most good minor league players don't hit the majors until they are that age. With Cuban guys it is different because of the competition they experience at an early age in Cuba.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There is zero chance of a young #4 comnig in for Dayan. Come on now.

I thought that I posted a reply to you yesterday but I guess it went into the bit bucket.

Viciedo has value. He is still only 25 and has three years of major league experience under his belt. Alexi improved his hitting after they brought him over and he was more experienced in the Cuban leagues. There also are not a lot of power hitting outfielders on the market right now.

The Mariners need a right handed power hitting outfielder. They would love to bring Viciedo into their line-up. The question will be who Hahn sets his sights on. I did a little research and I like two guys who made their club last year. Both are young right handed pitchers.

One guy is Dominic Leone who is a bull dog right hander, stocky, 5'11" and 210#. Came in as a reliever but was a starting pitcher at Clemson. The other is a guy named Walker, who pitched at LSU I believe who is 6'3" or so and 220# and started some games for the M's last year. Both of these guys are in their early 20's, had a rapid climb to the majors, and produced when they made it there.

I think that something like this can happen, if not with the M's then some other club who can use a right handed hitting power bat. Viciedo gets a lot of grief but once again...... he's only 25 years old. Most good minor league players don't hit the majors until they are that age. With Cuban guys it is different because of the competition they experience at an early age in Cuba.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sox signed catcher George Kottaras to a minor league contract.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:

No...you got it and I said I love ha but you are crazy...you want to get smashed on kook aid you can. But I'm going to call it out too.

Ramirez always had the glove. Viciedo has at the time a reliever value at best

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hopefully robin doesn't fuck all this up

This is a test. Two recent posts about possible trades somehow got dropped into the bit bucket. ANyone else notice this stuff happening?

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
would you guys want aj as a backup and to work with the starters as he is known to study film at extremes of hitters

Sent from My Iphone 6 Plus Using Tapatalk

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bring AJ in?????? Hell, I'd make him Player/Manager:)

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
AJ isn't good anymore.

Guys, AJ, and Buehrle, aren't coming back. Get the fuck over it.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
No.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Rodon is an unknown still as being ready to pitch in the majors let alone moving into the starting rotation. Sale was tried as a reliever when they brought him up and then they stretched him out the next spring training and winter ball as a starter. My guess is that this is what they'll do with Rodon. Losing Q would leave them with two good starters and little else. They just will not do it.

Rodon is not an unknown. Everyone who knows anything about this kid agrees he was an MLB ready pitcher the day he was drafted by the Sox. He will not be rushed into the rotation because we're three deep with quality SPs. We really don't need to spend any more money on the rotation, but a trade for a few specs to provide depth in the system wouldn't hurt.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
AJ isn't good anymore.

Guys, AJ, and Buehrle, aren't coming back. Get the fuck over it.

I'd still hire the guy as player/manager. He can pinch hit a bit. He's probably the smartest player the Sox have ever had. Chicago loves the hell out of him. If Pete Rose could be a good player manager so could AJ:)