Close
Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE Thread

Sports Logo

Default WWE Thread

Yea yea yea, I know wrestling is fake. But a lot of us grew up with it as children and got roped in the male soap opera.

I watched WWE from 1996 - 2002 (Age 9-15) and loved it. I dropped it cold turkey... I didn't watch one RAW or Smackdown or PPV from Wrestlemania 18 until this year's Wrestlemania 30.

I got re-hooked even though the product is worse. Luckily now we all have DVRs and can just record it and watch the 3 hour show in 90 minutes or less.

Any other wrestling fans here?

I like the technical aspect of wrestling... it's much more complex than the average fan can understand. The backstage politics and creative process of the writers is also fascinating to read about and analyze now that a lot of the knowledge is public unlike back in the "Attitude Era".

So how many smarks we got on this board?

---

Let's talk about current story lines and predictions/rumors for TLC PPV this weekend!

2. A message from our sponsors.

Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Grimson For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Been a fan of WWF/E pretty much my whole life except I took a break from watching from like '02-'05 so I missed the entire first Brock Lesnar run.

I do love the behind the scenes of it too although I wish I didn't ruin surprises for myself sometimes.

A hop topic right now...

I miss CM Punk in WWE! I thought his interview with Colt Cabana was really interesting and I really doubt he's a liar....but I do think his experience was uniquely awful.
    Hidden Content

Warning, the following may be Not Safe For Work or a storyline spoiler.

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Shawon0Meter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Been a fan of WWF/E pretty much my whole life except I took a break from watching from like '02-'05 so I missed the entire first Brock Lesnar run.

I do love the behind the scenes of it too although I wish I didn't ruin surprises for myself sometimes.

A hop topic right now...

I miss CM Punk in WWE! I thought his interview with Colt Cabana was really interesting and I really doubt he's a liar....but I do think his experience was uniquely awful.
    EDIT: LOL @ behind the scenese spoilers... I can't NOT look at the dirt sheets no matter how hard I try!

See and I'm different... I didn't see anything of CM Punk. So to me, he looks to be a whiny bitch but after all of the recent interviews/podcasts were released, I am starting to really side with him.

I think you would've been a fan of CM Punk when they let him be himself in 2011-2012. It was a time machine back to a piece of the attitude era at times when he'd be a little too honest during a promo or confrontation and make you think "uhhh..was that part of the script?". Besides being a good wrestler.
    Hidden Content

I watched it when I was a young kid. My 2 boys watch it now. Otherwise I wouldn't have known this CM Punk fella who just entered the UFC.

I have the WWE Network and like a lot of the stuff they have on there. I grew up watching it in the 80's and thru the Attitude Era and then took a break when Cena pretty much came in. Got back into it a few years ago. I'm a sucker for the Soap Opera part and a few of the moves that they do where I scratch my head how they did that without killing themselves. (Even with a DVR, I can't figure it out sometimes).

This Sunday we see Roman Reigns interrupt the Cena/Rollins Match to free up Cena for Brock and Rollins/Reigns to carry us to the Royal Rumble. I think Wyatt/Ambrose may have no technical effort to it, but will be incredible. Ambrose is reminding me a lot of Stone Cold.

Outside of watching a technically sound match with Dolph, and a slobber knocker (Good ol' JR) with Rusev/Swagger, I am kinda down on the rest of the card.
    Hidden Content
    Follow Me on Twitter: @sportsdream - Sports Tweets, Life, God, etc.

A WWE forum? Grimson is in heaven.

Is Goldust still awesome?

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by HeHateMe View Post
    Hell yea... he's teaming with his brother, Cody Rhodes who is "Stardust".

Quote Originally Posted by HeHateMe View Post
    He's more awesome now. More freaky than ambiguous
    Hidden Content

WWE product has been horrible. They are missing top stars bad. Its time for the new kids to grab the spotlight. WWE is going to push Reigns extremely hard. I believe he wins the Rumble and beat Brock at Wrestlemania. Also, Reigns being superstar of the year had to be rigger. No way Cena doesnt get the votes or Daniel Bryan. It was also dumb that Randy Orton wasnt in there considering he was the champion for half the year.
    Hidden Content

"Cubs have morphed into one of the worst teams in baseball. Not a chance in hell they would win a single playoff game. Forum members and ESPN reporters claiming this is one of the best teams in history are fucking morons." Egg Scrambles prediction

The plan!

Hidden Content

I like watching the likes of Ziggler, Ambrose, Wyatt, and Rollins those guys are the future of the WWE if they can be booked properly. Although Lesnar is still my favorite wrestler. The product know isn't what it used to, but my kids love watching it, and of course they are Cena Fans. lol

Wrestling hasn't been as entertaining since the Monday Night Wars ended 13 years ago.
    Watching the Rock save the WWF in the late 90's was highly entertaining stuff. Don't really pay attention now but I cant imagine its as entertaining as this was:

Rock's promo on Billy Gunn was one of the absolute best ever.

Hidden Content

2014 Awesome promo

Hidden Content

Sports Logo

WM31 could have a hell of a card.

Reigns vs. Lesnar for the strap.
    Taker vs. Sting
    HHH vs. Cena for control of the WWE.
    Ambrose vs. Rollins II

I don't know what to do with the title....Lesnar is probably leaving so he has to lose. I don't think Reigns is ready to be champion. I don't feel like watching another Lesnar vs Cena match. Even if Daniel Bryan is healthy, he has no business defeating Brock Lesnar.

I'd like to see 1 of 3 things happen:

1. Undertaker gets a re-match against Lesnar and wins and retires as a champion

2. Reigns wins but Seth Rollins cashes in right away.

3. Cena defeats Lesnar at the Royal Rumble and Lesnar isn't the champion going into WM
    Hidden Content

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Shawon0Meter For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

I don't know what to do with the title....Lesnar is probably leaving so he has to lose. I don't think Reigns is ready to be champion. I don't feel like watching another Lesnar vs Cena match. Even if Daniel Bryan is healthy, he has no business defeating Brock Lesnar.

3. Cena defeats Lesnar at the Royal Rumble and Lesnar isn't the champion going into WM
    Personally I think Reigns sucks... but he is clearly a Vince guy. WWE's product isn't going to get any better until Vince dies. Look what HHH has done with NXT... most of the NXT roster is better than the WWE roster.

There was some insider stuff leaked that Undertaker/Sting match is already signed off on for WM31. Personally I never thought Undertaker would wrestle another match. This new leak came out two days ago, I'll have to see if I can find the article. It was from a pretty credible source that has broken other big spoilers.

I think its a lock that Reigns wins it from Brock. Its the only thing that makes sense for Brock holding the title this long. Now, I am on your page on Lesnar and Reigns have a knockout, drag out fight. Reigns wins but is beat to shit. Rollins music hit. He cashes in and wins it. Reigns chases him and finally overcomes the odds and becomes champion. The crowd would be completely behind him. I mean that would shoot him into top face category.

Sting vs HHH seems like it is very much going to happen. Reading rumors that the Undertaker is coming back for it and facing Bray Wyatt. I dont understand this with Sting now signed. The only thing I can think is that Undertaker will retire at Cowboy Stadium at WM32 and his last match could be against Sting.
    Hidden Content

"Cubs have morphed into one of the worst teams in baseball. Not a chance in hell they would win a single playoff game. Forum members and ESPN reporters claiming this is one of the best teams in history are fucking morons." Egg Scrambles prediction

The plan!

Hidden Content

Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by SilenceS View Post
    I think its a lock that Reigns wins it from Brock. Its the only thing that makes sense for Brock holding the title this long. Now, I am on your page on Lesnar and Reigns have a knockout, drag out fight. Reigns wins but is beat to shit. Rollins music hit. He cashes in and wins it. Reigns chases him and finally overcomes the odds and becomes champion. The crowd would be completely behind him. I mean that would shoot him into top face category.

Sting vs HHH seems like it is very much going to happen. Reading rumors that the Undertaker is coming back for it and facing Bray Wyatt. I dont understand this with Sting now signed. The only thing I can think is that Undertaker will retire at Cowboy Stadium at WM32 and his last match could be against Sting.
    Sting only has 5 appearances left on his deal. The dirt sheets I've been reading said that WWE will likely get Sting vs. HHH feud over with at Royal Rumble and that Sting will indeed face Undertaker at WM31.

I would think the 5 appearances left would be:

Royal Rumble Go Home Show
    Royal Rumble
    Royal Rumble Fallout Show
    WM31 Go Home Show
    Wrestlemania 31

Greatest Wrestlers All-Time: (not based on actual talent)

10. Macho Man
    9. Stone Cold
    8. UnderTaker
    7. Andre the Giant
    6. Bret Hart
    5. Sting
    4. Hulk Hogan
    3. The Rock
    2. Ric Flair
    1. Heartbreak Kid

25. The Following User Says Thank You to bamainatlanta For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo

JUST started TLC and saw the Ziggler/Harper match. Unreal.. loved the superkick from the top of the ladder.

27. A message from our sponsors.
    Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.

Do you want to advertise with ChiCitySports?
    Ranked #1 Chicagoland sports news and message board online.
    A great opportunity for advertising and exposure, with an active base of fresh consumers always looking for sports-related items and miscellaneous "guy stuff".
    Please go here if you are interested in a multitude of placements on this site.
Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast