WWE/AEW & General Wrestling Thread

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
A+ episode of RAW last night as long as you take out the Divas segment, which was TERRIBLE all across the board. Did Nikki really say "wins/losses don't matter?" LOL. If Cena is the disease, Nikki is the cancer in the Divas division.

Sting vs Rollins for the WWE WHC at Night of Champions has been confirmed and I am so stoked!

The Bellas are just terrible. They have gotten better in the ring but thats about it. Supposively, Charlotte was suppose to win the title but got her push backed up because of Cena. These are just dirt sheet rumors but Cena has the stroke. All wrestlers of his stature have pulled moves like that.

TCD

Liked Posts:
Im not sure if the bellas have ever gotten better. Nikki still botches every 3rd move and brie has just always sucked balls. They are 100% what is wrong with that division and until they have fucked off the nxt women will never get a good booking or match. Highly doubt at this point anyways that we will ever see nxt quality womens matches on the main roster. Dunn has no fucking idea on how to book wrestling in the first place let alone women. That goes for Vince also. Only guy that knows how to book womens wrestlers in the WWE is Regal

Divas revolution has already failed due to the three stables booking. These girls needed individual story lines right off the bat and to be built strong as individuals. Im hating the booking and i am already wishing charlotte, becky and banks stayed in nxt.

Anyways i think everything has been covered from slam and raw. Not much more to add besides Grimsons shitty booking keeps getting worse. Glad you guys are still talking wrestling its a pretty unique time in the industry if you ask me.

I actually liked summerslam more than most i think. Finishings could have been better but raw the next day at least brought something to the table to help. Thought with nxt, summerslam and raw it was a great three days of wwe wrestling overall.

TCD

Liked Posts:
I am extremely excited that NXT signed Kana. Some here know I have a unhealthy fetish towards her. I may stalk the NXT training facility now waiting for her. But for real great signing by HHH she's special. Not going to wow with huge high spots but she is a Japanese strong style ass kicker and entertaining as hell esp if they allow her to do her face painting. Nice that they are replacing the women they lost to the main roster with talent that is just as good. Now I hope Kana never goes to the main roster to be fucked with like the other women have been so far.

I also find her super hot esp when she is kicking the shit out of people.

CMPunker

Liked Posts:
Apart from the Sting bits, that was one dire Raw. It's clear I watch out of habit most of the time now. The day will come where I just stop.

ob1force

Liked Posts:
Apart from the Sting bits, that was one dire Raw. It's clear I watch out of habit most of the time now. The day will come where I just stop.

Right there with you. I never watch a full show of RAW anymore. I usually watch the first segment or two to get a feel for it. By then, you already know if you are in for a bullshit RAW, or something worthwhile. For example, last RAW (which was on my birthday), I tuned in to see this stupid "historic announcement," which ended up sucking (Big Show vs Sting, are you kidding me?) and I knew the rest of RAW would be garbage. Admittedly, I did stay for the tag team championship match because it was New Day and because HHH dancing got me hyped. However, that was it.

This is just how I've been watching RAW lately: watch the first half hour or so then just watch the highlights the next day on YouTube to see what I missed (usually not much). I've just lost a lot of faith with the direction WWE is taking.

The "Divas Revolution" is a major fail; they rather stick it to former employees than capitalize on a great opportunity. Cena always needs to be in the title picture in some way, and always needs his win back. Amazing talents like Cesaro/Rusev continue to get buried. Rely too much on past stars and refuse to create new ones. Only time WWE seems to care is from the Royal Rumble to Summerslam, and thats about it. Although a couple PPVs in between them like a Battleground, or a Payback, etc. are pretty bad.

I share the WWE Network with one of my friends and I already told him I am probably going to end my subscription after Wrestlemania 32 if things don't get better. NXT is awesome, and I freakin' love the Takeover events, but I am afraid that may not be enough anymore, especially knowing most of those NXT stars are just gonna get buried when they're on the main roster.

TCD

Liked Posts:
They are talking they may turn Reigns which would be awesome for him.

He needs it and he can use the entire botched push as a story line to turn him. Easy..simple booking that works with a hint of realism to it. Soooo...Vince and idiot Dunn won't do it. It's beneath them to admit they failed and can't book anymore.

I may be looking forward to fridays roh ppv more than night of champions. Only thing that has me interested in noc is the mystery partner for reigns and ambrose (which im ready to be disappointed with). Owens and Ryback will be an interesting stiff match and i want to see how sting works with seth and how that match is booked. New day and dudleys could also be fun. So i guess looking forward to 4 matches is good but ROH ppv im looking forward to all matches on the card.

TCD

Liked Posts:
Thought noc was a fantastic ppv and seth rollins stoled the show!! I havent seen a long iron man performance like that since maybe Shawn?

Even my usual negatives were beat. Thought nikki bella had a great match and charlotte did a great job making her look good with great sells and yaaaaa charlotte wins!! I hope she can get the chance to change that belt if she holds it for a while.

Thrilled with the ownes win and thought it was a solid stiff match for both guys. Ryback looked good and i am all for a rematch there.

Cena looooked good and that match was great! Im not even going to say seth carried that match because cena held his own. Im actually glad cena won the us belt back because i was enjoying that open challenge. I liked seth winning it for a very short time as a historical thing but i didnt want seth carrying both belts long.

Sting was solid but if that rumor is true that he is being treated for a heart attack during the match? Wow! I would have rather Sting just take the fall then and there and stopped. Dont want to see guys die in the ring. I like stiff and i like hard nose wrestling but i dont like dieing in the ring wrestling. Knew that sting was legit hurt during the match as we all probably did. I was thinking broken rib thus the delay with the doctors etc. but heart attack? Just crazy.

Jericho as the surprise partner for the shield was the biggest fail of the night and a huge disappointment for me. And this is coning from a guy who ranks lionheart jericho and first wwe showing y2j as one of my favs of all time. But jericho has lost any importance to me years and years ago and esp when he became a long term jobber. Just couldnt get into the match because of that work up with little pay off.

Tag match was fun. I suspected that new day wouldnt drop the tag belts to the dudleys just yet. There is a lot left in that program so i know that wasnt the best match yet. Slow burn until tlc? I think so.

So yah good ppv i enjoyed it a lot. Exceeded my expectations. And again Seth was a beast. I think that was his night of historical importance.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I turned in after the ladies match. That match was awesome up until the final minute. I have no issues with Charlotte with the belt. None. But Nikki and Charlotte did an old school match working on a single body part to a T and you have that crappy ending? Made zero sense. Just absolutely awful. Even my daughter didn't buy it and she's 9.

The PPV was better than I had hoped up to this point. Will watch the final three matches when I get time.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thought noc was a fantastic ppv and seth rollins stoled the show!! I havent seen a long iron man performance like that since maybe Shawn?

Even my usual negatives were beat. Thought nikki bella had a great match and charlotte did a great job making her look good with great sells and yaaaaa charlotte wins!! I hope she can get the chance to change that belt if she holds it for a while.

Thrilled with the ownes win and thought it was a solid stiff match for both guys. Ryback looked good and i am all for a rematch there.

Cena looooked good and that match was great! Im not even going to say seth carried that match because cena held his own. Im actually glad cena won the us belt back because i was enjoying that open challenge. I liked seth winning it for a very short time as a historical thing but i didnt want seth carrying both belts long.

Sting was solid but if that rumor is true that he is being treated for a heart attack during the match? Wow! I would have rather Sting just take the fall then and there and stopped. Dont want to see guys die in the ring. I like stiff and i like hard nose wrestling but i dont like dieing in the ring wrestling. Knew that sting was legit hurt during the match as we all probably did. I was thinking broken rib thus the delay with the doctors etc. but heart attack? Just crazy.

Jericho as the surprise partner for the shield was the biggest fail of the night and a huge disappointment for me. And this is coning from a guy who ranks lionheart jericho and first wwe showing y2j as one of my favs of all time. But jericho has lost any importance to me years and years ago and esp when he became a long term jobber. Just couldnt get into the match because of that work up with little pay off.

Tag match was fun. I suspected that new day wouldnt drop the tag belts to the dudleys just yet. There is a lot left in that program so i know that wasnt the best match yet. Slow burn until tlc? I think so.

So yah good ppv i enjoyed it a lot. Exceeded my expectations. And again Seth was a beast. I think that was his night of historical importance.

No way it was a heart attack. WWE would never take the chance. He could be retiring tonight doe on Monday Night Raw. Its being reported he has a career threatening neck injury. It occurred during the power bomb spot. They cut the match early over it. He is scheduled for tonights RAW so we will see.

ob1force

Liked Posts:
NoC was okay. KO vs Ryback was surprisingly my favorite match of the night. Rollins vs Cena a close second. I do believe Sting vs Rollins would have been better if not for that scary injury. I honestly don't believe it was a concussion, or else the doctor would not have let him finish the match. Yeah they rushed the finish still but I believe that had more to do with not taking any more chances on Sting.

If I had to guess, I think he injured his back near the shoulder blades region. Could have bruised or broken a rib, knocking the wind out of him. I fear it could have involved the spine but once again the doctor never would have allowed him to finish the match IMO. Hope he's okay and gets the retirement match he deserves at WM.

He is reportedly on RAW tonight, so I guess we'll know for sure then. Fingers crossed.

CMPunker

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't say NOC was fantastic, but it was enjoyable. I think standards are so low these days a couple of good matches get us going all gaga.