WWE/AEW & General Wrestling Thread

TCD

Liked Posts:
Summerslam was a far better show IMO.

It may have just been the mood i was in but i thought it was better than summerslam honestly. I find that depending on my moods some ppvs come off as great (when they probably weren't and vice versa). Don't know I loves the selling all through the night maybe I was looking for great selling and I got it. Always love seeing belts change hands when they need to and I thought the 3 that did needed to be. 3 title changes on one ppv is pretty strong so i bought into that.

I did have issues with how many of the matches ended. Shoe to the face of Rusev? Really a shoe took him down? Yah that was bad. Couldn't do much about the Rollins/Sting end with Sting needing to get out of the match. The role up was sloppy but it is what it is when a guys legit hurt.

But yah I thought it was a good show. Im a Seth mark so I thought he did an incredible job going as long as he did with some pretty hard bumps in there and some pretty damn athletic stuff when looking gassed. People tend to forget that these guys are exhorting a lot of energy in that ring and for Seth to go two matches in a row with guys who have different styles and abilities and sell those matches like he did? Pretty damn impressive stuff and I think that is why I also liked the ppv a lot.

PLUS..i enjoyed the roh ppv on friday so i was in full wrestling mode by sundays ppv and comparing the 2 WWE's ppv was actually better and had equally good ring work as ROH which is scary to say as WWE is usually watered down indy wrestling in ring.

IvyPickin87

Sinkin Putts ****in Butts
Donator
Liked Posts:
I used to be the biggest hater of WWE (loved it from the ages of 9-12), especially while actually wrestling in high school. But last year before Wrestlemaina 30, my buddy asked if i would go to RAW with him since his plus one backed out. I said effff it, I'll try anything once, had the time of my life. Since then havent missed a RAW since. I found myself going for the favorite earlier, but since then really digging the heels. New Day is the shit, Seth Rollins is an Iowa boy, so whatever he does I'll like him, and recently bringing back the best tag team of all time in the Dudley's I can say I'll be hooked for a while.

CMPunker

Liked Posts:
Ugh, Raw has been so shit these past few weeks. Seriously bad stuff... Enjoyment at an all time low.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Alberto Del Rio is a good wrestler but gets boring fast...he's missing something. Just had to get the US title off Cena I guess

been a pretty good PPV so far

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I used to be the biggest hater of WWE (loved it from the ages of 9-12), especially while actually wrestling in high school. But last year before Wrestlemaina 30, my buddy asked if i would go to RAW with him since his plus one backed out. I said effff it, I'll try anything once, had the time of my life. Since then havent missed a RAW since. I found myself going for the favorite earlier, but since then really digging the heels. New Day is the shit, Seth Rollins is an Iowa boy, so whatever he does I'll like him, and recently bringing back the best tag team of all time in the Dudley's I can say I'll be hooked for a while.
haha this is awesome. Yeah, a raw in person is really fun, even if it comes across as a mediocre show that week on tv

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Without Rodriguez, I think Alberto is boring as well.

Happy that Dutch is back, but he needs to be with Jack Swagger. That story line was decent on the low level type.

Where the heck is Damien Sandow?!?!?!?!

Dr. Manhattan

Liked Posts:
I was hoping for a samoa joe main roster debut.. oh well.

I don't mind ADR he just gets extremely boring fast, hopefully they can do something with him and keep him entertaining.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Mean Gene is chilling at my bar right now, with a stripper that has the biggest rack

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
lol...you couldn't make that up. I wouldn't expect anything less from Mean Gene

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Total after thought. I saw the results and it was very ho hum

Actually, the matches were pretty good. Sheamus got beat up pretty bad. He had a picture after the sure and his back and arms looked awful from the punishment. The ending was finally how Reigns should have been booked from the beginning. He looked like a total bad ass. They went the Austin route and made him just beat up anyone in his way. He was super aggressive and he really laid in the shots. Best booking of him since he was in the Shield.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Sheamus beatings always look good because of his paleness. That said, I will have to check it out.

Vince can get anyone over and he did it last night by getting the strap on Reigns.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sheamus beatings always look good because of his paleness. That said, I will have to check it out.

Vince can get anyone over and he did it last night by getting the strap on Reigns.

Reigns got over the night before. Last night just continued it. TLC was a great PPV. It was predictable but the matches were excellent and the Reigns ending was booked tremendously well.

Oh and Vince still has the best facial expressions in the business.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Great raw last night

Glad to see Reigns get the proper reception. Getting over is a lot harder than just getting over, it's also making the people that think they get a "best wrestling fan" award for booing the popular guy not be dicks. For the most part, that's accomplished.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
That title match was about as obvious as a Cena title match. Congrats to Reigns, hope he can take the ball and run with it.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
That title match was about as obvious as a Cena title match. Congrats to Reigns, hope he can take the ball and run with it.

Im sure there is a swerve coming. No one punches Vincent Kennedy McMahon and gets away with it.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Great raw last night

Glad to see Reigns get the proper reception. Getting over is a lot harder than just getting over, it's also making the people that think they get a "best wrestling fan" award for booing the popular guy not be dicks. For the most part, that's accomplished.

Yea, sometimes, I wish fans would just shut up. Its why its so hard for guys to become heels. Everyone wants to be the cool heel. I want to fucking despise a heel. Not cheer him. Some fans makes that impossible for wrestlers because they think they are smarks and know everything that is going on.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yea, sometimes, I wish fans would just shut up. Its why its so hard for guys to become heels. Everyone wants to be the cool heel. I want to fucking despise a heel. Not cheer him. Some fans makes that impossible for wrestlers because they think they are smarks and know everything that is going on.

Used to be much easier years ago when while you knew wrestling was staged....no one would own up to it, so you always had that ever so slight bit of doubt. The internet more than anything else forced them to come clean. Now everyone knows everything....very, very few surprises anymore and that hurts wrestling in a lot of ways.