Warriors and 72-10

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
That Warriors team had Dallas's number all season. One of the few true kryptonite scenarios in league history falling into place in the first round of the playoffs. It wasn't even a shocker, and maybe the only time in my life where an 8th seed was the favorite going into the series by a considerable amount of outlets and writers. Any other match-up, that Mavs team would have been the favorite and could have won the title that year. Just like any other match-up for that Warriors team, and they would have lost the series. Thus why it was a kryptonite scenario.

I'm not sure this 2015 Warriors team has the same fate aligned for them. The Hawks might, but the Hawks aren't going to get as much respect anyways.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well, even this Warriors team could fall in the 1st round depending on how healthy OKC is. OKC, when healthy, is easily a top 3 seed in the west.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
That Warriors team had Dallas's number all season. One of the few true kryptonite scenarios in league history falling into place in the first round of the playoffs. It wasn't even a shocker, and maybe the only time in my life where an 8th seed was the favorite going into the series by a considerable amount of outlets and writers. Any other match-up, that Mavs team would have been the favorite and could have won the title that year. Just like any other match-up for that Warriors team, and they would have lost the series. Thus why it was a kryptonite scenario.

I'm not sure this 2015 Warriors team has the same fate aligned for them. The Hawks might, but the Hawks aren't going to get as much respect anyways.
The Hawks have the virtue of playing in the Eastern Conference though. THey should let them survive round one... even if they did play a recharged Indiana Pacers team if George comes back.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Well, even this Warriors team could fall in the 1st round depending on how healthy OKC is. OKC, when healthy, is easily a top 3 seed in the west.

Bingo. The top 2 seeds in the West could fall in the first round, depending on the seeding.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Portland, as they always are, is my WC darkhorse.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Toronto is the only team the Hawks have a losing record against. Raptors aren't falling to the 8th spot.

Undisputed

Liked Posts:
They've been a darkhorse for like 7 years. Maybe they'll finally Utah Jazz it out of the west?

Portland are notorious pretenders. I thought everyone took that for granted these days. They will crumble in the play-offs. It would take a fluke for them to get to the WCF. I say this because I don't see the toughness needed for them to grind it out in a play-off series, let alone two in this season's Western Conference.

Johnnyt237

Liked Posts:
Portland are notorious pretenders. I thought everyone took that for granted these days. They will crumble in the play-offs. It would take a fluke for them to get to the WCF. I say this because I don't see the toughness needed for them to grind it out in a play-off series, let alone two in this season's Western Conference.

Tell that to Lilliard. I enjoy watching the Blazers. They're the default PNW team now that the Sonics are in OKC. And I watch the games on CSN Northwest. I think they need to play together and learn how to win. San Antonio was just a veteran ball club who'd been there. You saw it. You can't actually say what you just said with a straight face, the way Portland gutted out a close playoff series against Houston was no fluke for anyone who watches them. They're never out of a game because they can score, and have multiple 3 point assassins. They're a young team. Aldridge and Lillard are great building blocks. I can see Portland getting back to the finals in a few years. They have a good coach, they stuck with a plan, and they know they're not a sexy FA spot so they've built the old fashioned way through the draft.

Undisputed

Liked Posts:
Tell that to Lilliard. I enjoy watching the Blazers. They're the default PNW team now that the Sonics are in OKC. And I watch the games on CSN Northwest. I think they need to play together and learn how to win. San Antonio was just a veteran ball club who'd been there. You saw it. You can't actually say what you just said with a straight face, the way Portland gutted out a close playoff series against Houston was no fluke for anyone who watches them. They're never out of a game because they can score, and have multiple 3 point assassins. They're a young team. Aldridge and Lillard are great building blocks. I can see Portland getting back to the finals in a few years. They have a good coach, they stuck with a plan, and they know they're not a sexy FA spot so they've built the old fashioned way through the draft.
I really like Lillard, and Aldridge is actually one of my favorite players in the league. I can just foresee Portland struggling in the play-offs. They can compete with anybody in the West in the regular season, but there has to be a lot of question marks for the play-offs. If they could finish with the #1 seed and had home court advantage in the play-offs, I would be a believer. But they do not have a chance at that #1 seed given their road struggles, and that to me excludes them from my pick for the 2015 WCF. They have the building blocks in place in Portland, they just have to put it together now.

No doubt a fun team to watch though.

Johnnyt237

Liked Posts:
Undisputed, I see what you're saying but I think there problem is more they're a young team learning how to win vs. veteran ball clubs who know how to win. I still don't trust Houston no matter how torrid a pace The Beard is playing at right now, and Dallas with Rondo is dangerous but that'd be a fun winnable match up for the Blazers in the playoffs, you have OKC okay, what about KD's foot? Spurs are going to be there but can Parker get over his hammy issue in time for April or is this one of those seasons where it just derails. I see Memphis and Portland as being in the same boat. Make alittle noise while in the playoffs but bow out in the second round or maybe the Conference finals if everything breaks the way they'd hoped and no one else saw.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Thanks to a great performance by Lebron James, we no longer have to worry about 72-10 even being tied.

THANK YOU LEBRON JAMES!!!!!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Question....if Golden State was in the eastern conference how many losses would they have?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Question....if Golden State was in the eastern conference how many losses would they have?

Depends on city. If they were somewhere that had sensitive knee-jerk fans and home-town media that likes to stir drama, who knows. Like if they were the Knicks instead of the Warriors, with same team and personnel, I think they might have more losses in the east.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:

Well... in their last 17 games they've had 5 losses and 4 of them have been to east teams.... including the bulls 17 games ago. So... I bet you can expect even in the east they would eventually lose 10 games.

EDIT: They are 20-5 against the east, and 27-7 against the west. So they actually lose more in the east.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
They've been a darkhorse for like 7 years. Maybe they'll finally Utah Jazz it out of the west?

played with the 2k11 Blazers with Roy/Oden/LMA/Batum the other day that team was so stacked

its a shame injuries killed that team

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
After watching OKC yesterday, I can see why they have issues when both Durant and Westbrook are healthy And even more so with Ibaka wanting to shoot as much as he does. There is only one basketball and all three of those guys want to shoot it. Westbrook amazed me last night. In his mind, he wanted to score on every play and certainly tried to most of the time. I'd like to see this team when Durant comes back and just watch how they play together. This isn;t a Batman and Robin kind of team. These two guys are like Superman and Batman, both with huge egos and huge talent.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
IT could very well be Portland's year to get to the finals depending on how the seeding match-ups work out.