</p>

</p>

southparkconsolewar_large_verge_medium_landscape.jpg
</p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Supra" data-cid="214881" data-time="1385059830">
<div>

Yeah figure the Xbox will get the same attention to its faults. Read a review on it, some good things some bad things. The one thing that I noticed was the bumpers on the Xbox controller got worse.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

As I hope the PS4's get better. For PS3, using wet sponges for the bumpers would have been superior. </p>

</p>

The "defective" portion of the Xbox vs PS4 battle wont be relevant for about 6 months after release. </p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Exactly... 1%... that's a lot in respect to 1 million units sold, but I'd say that's withing range and you can expect at least that out of microsoft because they have 100x more shit packed in. The thing that is confusing to me is that the 1% number is being related to defective units, and I can't figure out if that's including the units that had minor things wrong that were fixable? Or if they were all Blue Light of Death.</p>

The Count Dante

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="214889" data-time="1385061656">
<div>

Exactly... 1%... that's a lot in respect to 1 million units sold, but I'd say that's withing range and you can expect at least that out of microsoft because they have 100x more shit packed in. The thing that is confusing to me is that the 1% number is being related to defective units, and I can't figure out if that's including the units that had minor things wrong that were fixable? Or if they were all Blue Light of Death.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

As i have read, some are fixable. Some are related to patch 1.50 issues, etc. </p>

</p>

I, will wait.</p>

supraman

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Deadliest Man Alive" data-cid="214886" data-time="1385060566">
<div>

As I hope the PS4's get better. For PS3, using wet sponges for the bumpers would have been superior. </p>

</p>

The "defective" portion of the Xbox vs PS4 battle wont be relevant for about 6 months after release. </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I just want to know how fucking hard is it to make a good controller? Nintendo and Sega had it mastered in the 80s and 90s</p>

phranchk

Liked Posts:
I'm hearing the failure rate is closer to 0.4% as of right now.</p>

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
I give it at least a year before I buy any new consoles. How many revisions did PS3 and Xbox 360 have when all was said and done? They fixed so many issues throughout the life of those consoles....</p>

Variable

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Supra" data-cid="214924" data-time="1385085194">
<div>

I just want to know how fucking hard is it to make a good controller? Nintendo and Sega had it mastered in the 80s and 90s</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Microsoft got it right on their second version of the first X-Box controller (though the intial launch controller was absolutely horrible) and got even better with the 360.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I'm probably not going to get a PS4 until the first batch are done on the line and they start rolling out a 2.0. Either that or they dump price already. But those two things usually coincide. Even then it's not really the hardware or the failure rate that gets me pissed off. No matter when you buy and at what price I bet you they still have about a .4 percent failure rate it's the fucking software that is rushed out for the launch that fucks everything up. I bet they had more problems with software than hardware. The three Bs will mar this launch. Bugs, Beta, Broken. I'll wait till things are smoothed.. but damn does they look sweet.</p>

</p>

I'm still flabbergasted by the size of the XBONE thought, on top of having a fucking giant power brick. I could understand the size of it because of all the stuff they are packing in, but to not have an internal power supply on top of it... shit man.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I had only seen the disc drive problems so that's interesting. But not shocking as you say. Wonder what the percentage will be when all is said and done. If you posted a comment by ever person who is using one with no problems you wouldn't even be able to find these errors.</p>

TSD

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
after PS3 and XBOX 360 I dont know why anyone buys a system at launch.  Its almost a guarantee to be something that will need to be repaired within a year or 2.</p>

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="214994" data-time="1385140407">
<div>

Yeah, I'm probably not going to get a PS4 until the first batch are done on the line and they start rolling out a 2.0. Either that or they dump price already. But those two things usually coincide. Even then it's not really the hardware or the failure rate that gets me pissed off. No matter when you buy and at what price I bet you they still have about a .4 percent failure rate it's the fucking software that is rushed out for the launch that fucks everything up. I bet they had more problems with software than hardware. The three Bs will mar this launch. Bugs, Beta, Broken. I'll wait till things are smoothed.. but damn does they look sweet.</p>

</p>

I'm still flabbergasted by the size of the XBONE thought, on top of having a fucking giant power brick. I could understand the size of it because of all the stuff they are packing in, but to not have an internal power supply on top of it... shit man.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Internal power supply would be more heat in the box...and a higher failure rate.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Pez68" data-cid="215411" data-time="1385502597">
<div>

Internal power supply would be more heat in the box...and a higher failure rate.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Well.. yes, of course, no one is disputing that, but they've been doing this for like what 10-15 years now and they still can't find fucking hardware engineers? The PS4 runs hotter than the XBONE and it's still not considered a failure risk.</p>

phranchk

Liked Posts:
Amazon's Deal of the Day is a Vita bundle. I'm so tempted to get it considering that I'll likely be getting a PS4 in the future.

They also 1 year PS Plus memberships on sale for $29.99 and this can be added on to current membership.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="215424" data-time="1385503937">
<div>

Well.. yes, of course, no one is disputing that, but they've been doing this for like what 10-15 years now and they still can't find fucking hardware engineers? The PS4 runs hotter than the XBONE and it's still not considered a failure risk.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Cost control. Bundle it with a cheap, huge, external power supply, or upgrade the internal components so the power supply can be internal? Pretty simply really.</p>

JOVE23

Liked Posts:
Anyone ever gotten a 360 controller to work on the PC? It's showing up in device manager but isn't showing up in the Game Controllers (64 bit Win 7).</p>

TSD

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JOVE23" data-cid="216922" data-time="1387059678">
<div>

Anyone ever gotten a 360 controller to work on the PC? It's showing up in device manager but isn't showing up in the Game Controllers (64 bit Win 7).</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

does the center button glow? have you booted a game and checked if it recognizes your controller?</p>

</p>

I've never even looked if my 360 controller shows up in the control panel, its just been plug and play.</p>

phranchk

Liked Posts:
I'm a sucker and broke down and bought a PS4 online via BestBuy today. Should be here in a few days. I know I should've waited, but sometimes I can't help myself.</p>

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm in an NHL 14 club with a couple of the Kitchener Rangers.  Too bad I only play like once every 10 days.</p>